12" Diecast Iron Man Mk VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better quality pics, without the tags :D

P1130155.jpg

P1130164.jpg

Show me working LED's in the eyes, hands, feet, a scale comparison to other 1/6 figures, & poseability, & I think I'm pretty much going to go for this over the HT one. I'm still unsure which one looks better, but I have a feeling this will "feel" more impressive 'in hand'. It's also not bad in the looks department.

I was thinking of this also. Given its only $75 more then a HT. I would go for a full metal iron man mark7.

Don't know how official it is but I found this:

"The Iron Man, will be for 85% percent of metal and will focus on the mask, hands, feet, chest, and finally on his back, while the rest of the body will be made of pvc and abs."

That's a good chunk of the figure being made from metal :D

Also, I didn't really pay attention to it before, but I think it comes with a 'Hall Of Armour' display if the specs (unsure if these are the official specs) are anything to go by. In fact, I think the the HoA shown in the background of the STGCC pics, might be what buyers will get. That's a pretty sweet inclusion. This is how it's packaged in the concept art:

Play-Imaginative-Iron-Man-3.jpg

Play-Imaginative-Iron-Man-4.jpg

Here are those specs (again, not sure if they are official) I was talking about:

"Avengers Movie - Iron Man Mark VII 12 "Super Alloy Die-Cast Action Figure by Play Imaginative

A fantastic new Alloy Die-Cast figure of the great Tony Stark as Iron Man from the new 2012 Avengers movie.

Standing approximately 12 inches tall and armored with over 50 points of articulation, this is one to rival the finest 12 inch Iron Man figures.

1. Showroom gloss armor on main parts of body with matte metal features.

2. Die-cast metal helmet.

3. Double-jointed neck.

4. Die-cast metal torso.

5. Ball-jointed shoulders for full range of arm movements.

6. Magnetic shoulder pads.

7. Double-jointed elbows.

8. Ball-jointed wrists.

9. Fully-articualted hands and fingers.

10. Double-jointed body, bendable at upper torso with the ability to swivel from left to right at the waist.

11. Ball-jointed hips.

12. Double-jointed knees.

13. Ball-jointed ankles with articulated front boot.

14. Magnets embedded under foot.

15. Light-up feature (white LED) at the Arc Reactor, eyes and palms.

16. Magnet feet lock at Hall of Armour That lights up (LED).

17. Cool packaging box with magnetic clasp to open and flip-display, specially designed box sleeve."

This figure seems to be missing all the cool "bells & whistles" the HT figure has though. I'd take those features over a HoA display. But I'm still thinking this will be what I'll be getting to represent the MkVII in my collection. See what happens I guess.

Edit: I don't think the feet light up :slap

This is a nice pic. This figure has made me think about whether I should keep my HT pre order. Thanks for posting :D

Better quality pics, without the tags :D

P1130155.jpg

P1130164.jpg

Show me working LED's in the eyes, hands, feet, a scale comparison to other 1/6 figures, & poseability, & I think I'm pretty much going to go for this over the HT one. I'm still unsure which one looks better, but I have a feeling this will "feel" more impressive 'in hand'. It's also not bad in the looks department.

The specs sound great! I'm still not passing on the HT version for this! Its a great looking figure but the HT version is still better, IMO.

Yeah, the HT MkVII looks sweet. But I think my curiosity will bug me more if I don't get the metal MkVII. I already know what plastic HT IM figures are like. I want this.

If this comes out before the HT MkVII, then I might have time to play with it a bit, then decide to keep it, or sell it & get the HT MkVII. So I won't be cancelling my HT MkVII pre order yet :D

I own enough of the HT versions to give this one a shot. The price is high but if the detail is there, it might end up being a grail figure for me. I mean an Iron Man figure that actually feels like an Iron Man. :)

I just wanted to pass this along. After I posted in this thread today asking about pre-ordering I received a PM from PI Jacky who seems to be from the company directly. I told him he should post this here for all to see but since he hasn't yet, I figured I would share this...

"Please do not pre-order from any site yet.
We have not announced the SRP and have not taken any pre-order from any distributor or retailer.
Please visit our site for more info when we have announced. We do not want collector to be cheated! Thanks."

Play Imaginative
www.playimaginative.com

I pretty much got the same message, & basically told Jacky the same thing :lol

I pretty much got the same message, & basically told Jacky the same thing :lol

:lol Well at least he is telling more people then just me but it would be easier to just post it here...no? :dunno

All kidding aside, it was nice of him to give the heads up.

:lol Well at least he is telling more people then just me but it would be easier to just post it here...no? :dunno

All kidding aside, it was nice of him to give the heads up.

Indeed it was. I just gained a new respect for this company by doing so. Great first impression IMO. :wink1:

The detail on this is great. But I love all the little things the HT version seems to have over this one like the weapons and headsculpt. The catching thing about this one is that's it's almost entirely made of metal which I think intrigues anyone who's a fan. I'll probably still go with HT for my first ever IM figure, but this does look ace! :rock

This version looks more accurate compared to HT version.
Especially the neck portion. HT's is a bit too long. (just my observation).

Let's see how this goes.

This version looks more accurate compared to HT version.
Especially the neck portion. HT's is a bit too long. (just my observation).

Let's see how this goes.

I totally agree dude. I just gotta see the whole thing looks lit up and I'm hoping they fix the gold bits on his torso and quadriceps. Then i'll seriously be considering getting this.

I for one am in on this too. I do think $399 is steep though so hopefully there will be added details but I am keeping an eye on this whole project.

I for one am in on this too. I do think $399 is steep though so hopefully there will be added details but I am keeping an eye on this whole project.

The original price on the Batman ad was around 350, which they then dropped to 275. Maybe something similar will happen with this.

The cost is expected to amount to $325
I guess it would be closer to the price Alan posted. I think $400 will make this a pass, even though I do want it.

I think $275 might be the sweet spot. More than I want to pay, but doable :D

Back