12" Aragorn + Legolas improved

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
According to today's podcast, both these figures have had improvements made...including to their leggings, weapons, boots, belts and buckles...and Legolas' hair.

How could it be better?

cool will be looking forward to pics but if Legolas legs looked like they did at TF they where fine.

Good good, they needed some work. Like others have said especially on the legs, in the ToyFair pics and the online ones, they were shocking.
Good to see Sideshow strive for improvement.

What was shocking about their legs?
I thought these were the best two 12" figures I'd ever seen.
And I've seen a lot...

It's a whole discussion going on in another thread, but in short it all comes down to this pic:

skinnylegolas3iv.png

Whatcha gonna do wit awe dat junk, awe dat junk inside yo trunk!:chew

Last edited:
In most figures the legs aren't a problem but it really is shown up by tights. Of course it would be neccessary to fix it if they ever got a 12" marvel licence and tried to put the Sideshow body in spandex :monkey1

They also said in the podcast that they were improving Legolas's hair.

Edit: Oops! I see this was mentioned in the first post.

That picture is distored by the process of using the 360 view.

Here are pics from TF. You can clearly see the legs are not bad at all.

Your right Josh,I hadn't rememberd the pics from ^TF....His legs look just fine in these pics.....

People see one thing and they start to panic. The Chicken Little Syndrome cracke me up.

yeah that is a "chicken little like" for everyone to panic over the one pic.....remember the outrage over the look on Lukes face, once we all got him home and in hand there was nothing to complain about...I makes for intersting threads though, and we need some kind of LOtR talk since SS has thrown us to the dogs as far as new LOtR annoucments go...

So the figure shown at ToyFair looks better than the one used for the 360 degree view, whose pics were taken supposedly afterwards?... :google

Doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps this update to the figure is to correct the changes made between TF and the 360 view?

I think we're getting a weird distortion on the proportions because the stand is pooching out Leggy's tunic and making the torso look thicker and thus the legs skinnier. He'll look jim-dandy. Look, it's basically the same look sported by a lot of the Monty Python figures (tuinc + leggings) and they all look fine.

Customikey said:
I think we're getting a weird distortion on the proportions because the stand is pooching out Leggy's tunic and making the torso look thicker and thus the legs skinnier. He'll look jim-dandy. Look, it's basically the same look sported by a lot of the Monty Python figures (tuinc + leggings) and they all look fine.

I think that has a lot to do with it as well CM. I really think once he gets here or we see some pics from SDCC folks that aren't sure will feel better.

gambit said:
makes me wanna vomit, sorry

legs should be improved or I really might cancel my exclusive,

This is worser than barbie ken dolls.
Hey but you have the cape to cover those legs isnt it? :drool

The legolas head sculpt is great, so I hope the didnt try to make improvements. But the Aragorn head needs some tweaking or some better paint. At least a lighter skin tone.

Back