12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just do what I did and look at pics of the Maquette from SS.

This is how mine came out:
SAM_1953.jpg

Do you use the head play feet and pegs? Cuz I can't take the sideshow feet out... Lol
you can't take the sideshow feet out they are glued...
for the true I didn't have changed the body of my aragorn and I don't know if the boots are empty..but is you want to give a try you have to use the haidryer and see if the headplay feet, fit in the sideshow boots..
at the contrary you could to trim the feet a little and try if them fit better...

Aragorn's boots are a NIGHTMARE to remove.. but the feet are not glued into them.

Boil some water. LITERALY BOIL it on the stove. HOLD aragron's boots in it fro about 10 seconds. remove from boiling water, , wait a few seconds, and PULL. Scream in pain, becuase it will be HOT.

EVERY time you pull, it will SLOWLY inch up a little bit. YOu will have to dip him over and over and over again into the boiling water. This will take about 30 min to get BOTH BOOTS off.

YOu will need to do this process in reverse to get the boots on the new body.

the Headplay body is just a High quality KO of a hot toys body, right?

PUT THE FEET IN SEPARATE FROM THE LEGS. It's LOADS EASIER.

Once you've got the feet in, it's time to take a dremmel to The Legs. See, Sideshow bodies are VERY SLIM... and the calves on a hot toys ( or HT KO) body are too big to fit into those boots. you've got to grind them down... Like, A LOT to make them fit.

once you've got his calves small enough to fit, then time to boil and PUSH once more.

It's a pain in the God Damned ***.

Thanks a lot guys, I got the feet out and trimmed the calves a bit and put it in the new feet and legs. So now all I have to do is put him all together. This is my first full custom and ill post some pics later.

I think I posted the pic..? sorry not good with computers but finally, my aragorn! and lego and gimli. Thought I was finished but the headplay neck post goes way too high for this head, so ive got to find a way to shorten that, but for now, here he is lol

I think I posted the pic..? sorry not good with computers but finally, my aragorn! and lego and gimli. Thought I was finished but the headplay neck post goes way too high for this head, so ive got to find a way to shorten that, but for now, here he is lol

wtf :horror that aragorn is amazing
the head is very nice..
now to have to get low legolas..is tall like aragorn..damn sdeshow..
when is possible make a close pic...

Lol thanks, it's my first repaint HS I've done. I'm not too happy about it, but I like the weathering I did. For some reason I can't upload pics from my iPhone which takes much better pics than my crappy camera, but ill try to upload some close ups.

Does anybody have their SS aragorn head on a head play body? I need help, cuz his neck looks way too long and his head is a bit loose.

Does anybody have their SS aragorn head on a head play body? I need help, cuz his neck looks way too long and his head is a bit loose.

if the neck is long you could use the dremel.and about the loose you could use paper or a piece of plastic bag to fill the space in the neck hole...
the head repainted in very cool..in my opinion the eyes are better on the side or not too centered, but is a very good improvement..:clap

Thanks a lot! Here's a pic of his lower body. And yea, I repainted everything but his eyes, I was scared cuz of how small eyes are to paint, so I just left them the way they were. And when you say dremel, do you mean the neck post? Or the neck itself, cause I think the problem is the neck post, it's too high, and you could see the big gap where his necklace goes lol

Thanks a lot! Here's a pic of his lower body. And yea, I repainted everything but his eyes, I was scared cuz of how small eyes are to paint, so I just left them the way they were. And when you say dremel, do you mean the neck post? Or the neck itself, cause I think the problem is the neck post, it's too high, and you could see the big gap where his necklace goes lol

i was mean the neck of head :horror:horror :rotfl:rotfl but maybe is better another neck post, or you can cut your to lower the gap and then glued it in the neck with super glue...or buy another neck post..
the weathering you have done is amazing...congrats..

for painting eyes or tiny details you could use the magnificent lens glasses hat...is very useful and you can paint very tiny details with your hands free...is sold at very cheap and it's very useful...
is difficulty to describe it.. you have to see...

I use something like that... very helpful in doing eyes and fine detail work :lecture

for just a moment I thought WTF what the hell is this chineese §hit...?
now I can''t do anything without..:rotfl
have you changed the body on you aragorn galactiboy?
how have you solved the head's issue?
my aragorn has still now the same awful sideshow body..:slap:rotfl

Long, long, long overdue but here are a few pictures of one of my Aragorns. The other one has the vembraces on it and is in a different room. I really need to change thank and put them back on this one though.

Pardon my crappy phone picture quality.

Aragorn_zps38774da7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Aragron1_zps38386fe9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Fellowship2_zps8658c59c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is their new temporary home as the room will be changed yet again (more kids equals no more hobby room :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl) so yes they are not screen accurate and Pippin is wearing his scarf like a drape.

Long, long, long overdue but here are a few pictures of one of my Aragorns. The other one has the vembraces on it and is in a different room. I really need to change thank and put them back on this one though.

Pardon my crappy phone picture quality.

Aragorn_zps38774da7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Aragron1_zps38386fe9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Fellowship2_zps8658c59c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is their new temporary home as the room will be changed yet again (more kids equals no more hobby room :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl) so yes they are not screen accurate and Pippin is wearing his scarf like a drape.
is that aragorn painted by darren carnall? amazing...

Back