1/6th scale War Machine: find it or wait until One from Avengers 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't mean assuming they made IM. I meant that assuming they made IM, villian, and WM as the first three. Read the whole sentence... :monkey1

Oh, I did - I think it's safe to say IM Mark VIII, villain (Mandarin?), and WM will be the three top choices for release. Then HT will milk the movie for whatever else they can for the next 5 years...

Which WM to get? If you like his look in IM 2 get that one. If you like his comic-inspired color scheme (the suit is a bit inaccurate for the look due to a difference in armaments between movie and comic incarnations) get the Milk exclusive version. If you wait for IM 3, you may get something that looks like a mash-up of WM and Iron Patriot...

Get the current ones. When the new one comes along, hopefully you'll have the funds to get that too.

Get it.. it's an awesome figure to add to your collection.. and do you really want to wait 3 maybe 4 years for the figure?

War Machine mk II by Late 2013 to early 2014 :D

I'd also like to have a WM but i'll be waiting for the next version
..largely because my hands are currently full with the Avengers and TDK :lol

Did we see the same Iron Man 2? :lol Rhodey still had the suit in the version I watched.

I believe there's only one Iron Man 2 out there, and during the rooftop scene, Rhodes told Stark that he's gonna need to hang on to the armor for a while as Rhodes' car was destroyed during the attack at the Expo.

Of course, it requires some brainpower to decipher and infer that because Rhodes needed to ask permission from Stark to keep the WM armor, it is safe to assume that the suit legally belongs to Stark.

Maybe you could give your version a check? Looks like you might have gotten a bootleg :nana:

In my opinion, grab the Special Edition if you can, its goin on eBay right now for about $220, and the paint job is incredible.

In my opinion, grab the Special Edition if you can, its goin on eBay right now for about $220, and the paint job is incredible.

As a standalone I think the Milk version looks awesome; but if you have either the Mark IV or VI to pair it with, I'd say try looking for the regular because they're like the Batman & Robin of the movie...looks fantastic together, especially if you can score an additional diorama base from the VI to put WM on.

Get it.. it's an awesome figure to add to your collection.. and do you really want to wait 3 maybe 4 years for the figure?

:exactly:

I would get both. I have WM and I'm planning on get whatever is released from IM3.

The Avengers came out in May and the MK VII most likely will not be in hand until May 2013. So when they make WM from IM3 it might be spring 2014 until you have it.

At least you would have something while your waiting :impatient:

you've got to be kidding me, this is the first time I've heard that the red and blue suit is actually the new war machine, I hope to god it's just for show and is only in one scene, hopefully the classic look is in the film. I didn't get the first release cuz I figured I could wait for the avengers or IM3 release of the character, UGH!

you've got to be kidding me, this is the first time I've heard that the red and blue suit is actually the new war machine, I hope to god it's just for show and is only in one scene, hopefully the classic look is in the film. I didn't get the first release cuz I figured I could wait for the avengers or IM3 release of the character, UGH!

You got trolled. The red and blue armor is the Iron Patriot armor.

At this point we don't know which armors are going to be in IM3. Rhodey could still use the same, but it could also be different. HT could also release a v2 of the IM2 version.

But if you like the suit in IM2, and especially if you have a MkVI to go with it, I'd highly recommend getting the current version. Otherwise you can wait until next year and see what IM3 and HT offers.

IM2 War Machine doesn't need a 2.0, he's perfect. So unless his armor gets an upgrade prior to the Iron Patriot armor I really don't forsee a need to produce a new figure. Who knows though. You can still get War Machine for a good price if you're patient.

There is no way that rhodey won't get an upgrade in IM3, but the current armour is excellent, both versions, as for the "Iron Patriot" armour a different actor is in that suit, so it's not War Machine.

By the time im3 or avengers 2 comes out prices of ht will be higher than now, so either way you will end paying the same, in that sense buy now and enjoy......
dec 2012 the world ends anyways-------:slap:slap:slap

By the time im3 or avengers 2 comes out prices of ht will be higher than now, so either way you will end paying the same, in that sense buy now and enjoy......
dec 2012 the world ends anyways-------:slap:slap:slap

Mojo speaks the truth....You only live once...which is why my pre order list is so long...lol

The red and blue suit is indeed War Machine, and the person underneath shown in photos is a stuntman. Rhodey is reported to appear in the film as a bodyguard to the Vice President if I recall correctly, partly addressing the issues of a post Avengers superhero saturated world. He may take on the name Iron Patriot.

Don Cheedle has hinted at the possibility of appearing in Avengers 2, but there's no way to know now if it'll be in the star-spangled suit or a different variation of the War Machine armor. Though a re-release of the original gunmetal War Machine is not entirely out of the question, I doubt it'll happen just because the original release seems just fine the way it is and I've had no problems with mine. Unless of course he dons that armor again for A2 or it makes a 5 second background appearance somewhere in Phase II.

It bothers me a little bit that they've cribbed the Iron Patriot armor for something completely unrelated to Dark Avengers as that was one of my favorite comic story arcs of all time. But I believe Norman Osborn's licensed villainous hiney unfortunately belongs to Sony as much as Spider-man does so that's probably not a possibility. Though I would absolutely love a Thunderbolts movie.

If I were in your situation, I'd purchase the Special Version since it's still readily available. Definitely in my top 10 figures and I like its comic book look a lot; a little more than the original release, actually.

Back