1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found one of these guys at a convention about 3 years ago. I was with my wife and she was looking at something else at the stand so I approached the seller and asked him the price...very, very quietly. He looks around, and shouts to his colleague and the guy shouts back "€600" ($680). My wife just turned around, looked at the two of us and just said "nope" and kept on walking.
Needless to say the fact that she knew the price meant that I've never bought a Tauntaun!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

So... lesson learned. Buy online so when it arrives at your door she can't really stop you. And possibly, don't go to a convention with the wi-fi unless your setting yourself a budget, round up the mates instead:lecture:lol

It is definitely the centerpiece of my collection. Love this thing. Catches my eye every time I walk by my display room. I hope to get the Dewback some day but funds keep holding me back.
0bfc9bba352fa27c09e801f9961e8787.jpg

Not a great picture but I thought I’d share anyway.

That Luke's face.... Is it HT Bespin Luke? If affirmative, was that mod difficult to do? I'd like to do it myself. Any tips?

Thanks,
m.

That Luke's face.... Is it HT Bespin Luke? If affirmative, was that mod difficult to do? I'd like to do it myself. Any tips?

Thanks,
m.

Yes. It is the DX09. I posted my mods for it in the Hoth Luke thread a few years ago. I’ll try to dig up the post for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoops! Yes 07. My bad. Lol. Thank you. It’s totally interchangeable and did not mess up the sculpt at all. Plus the pers are still fully functional.

Ok, fellow Freaks. This is a big day for QuiGon! When I mentioned that I was on the hunt for a tauntaun for my collection I neglected to mention that I already had a potential lead on one. Today it came through!

And I really got lucky on this one, guys...

Complete, with the original brown shipper from Sideshow:

E4D23FB9-B9E0-4269-8DDF-B566AC084622.jpeg

Still FACTORY SEALED from Sideshow!

98CE8ACA-22A8-4777-8419-39D2890C5D25.jpg

And therefore all accessories still wrapped and taped:

15F33316-09B8-46BA-BDF7-8F0F1588E97D.jpg

Old, but still intact gel disiccant packs:

355B899C-0D97-48C6-ADEC-4B85E08F2DD4.jpg

In other words, as close to BRAND SPAKIN? NEW as a 2013 release could be!

And he?s finally HERE!

049025E9-FBC1-4BCE-943E-DB858F7B455E.jpg

Sorry for the rushed photography. I JUST got him built and in place a few minutes ago and was too excited not to share my joy!

Big day at the Fishing household!

Last edited:
Congrats, it's a terrific piece I absolutely love mine still! I kinda wish I bought a second for Han but I don't really have the space anymore. These were a real bargain at retail price. Goes so well with the other great 1/6 Hoth stuff!

Congrats, it's a terrific piece I absolutely love mine still! I kinda wish I bought a second for Han but I don't really have the space anymore. These were a real bargain at retail price. Goes so well with the other great 1/6 Hoth stuff!

I am so glad I bought a pair when they originally released. The sideshow luke and Han are fine figures in my opinion...

6e7f80535522309e22a6255667781a46.jpg

Back