1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's trooper talk chalor, it's how troops refer to each other, like coast guards are coasties. It's not some new millennial way to talk haha. Imperials are just an adopted version of that, you'll hear 501st guys call each other snowies, sandies, stormies etc.
Oh okay....well that sounds a bit better then lol.
I actually think we can use Scouties. Even though... it's longer than the original word.:slap:lol
Yeah, I remember when they were Biker scouts; the before that, Cub scouts. Baby scooters is what they'd call the cadets back in the day.

Ive got the Gentle Giant Tauntaun and Dewback, I think they are 1/10 scale, and they look awesome, I couldn't imagine how great 1/6 scale would be in both of these.
Please Sideshow release these again....

Ive got the Gentle Giant Tauntaun and Dewback, I think they are 1/10 scale, and they look awesome, I couldn't imagine how great 1/6 scale would be in both of these.
Please Sideshow release these again....

Yeah it would be cool if they done another run of this.

Sandies? What's with ppl on here with the goo goo gaga talk? Chewie's the only one that gets the baby name..cause that's what baby likes.
But yeah, back to the Dewback..when's it due back? Ha ha ha..uh, heard that every single time I'd say the name from a friend of mine. Yeah, it's a green sperm whale with tiny limbs lol. I would've given the head more expression, with the mouth open and then made the saddle a separate fabric piece. But I like the furry horn part of the saddle....and the WWI German rucksacks. I still like it of course, just not as much as the Taunie.

Its just an aussie thing, we shorten lots of words. A good statement is a quick statement:dunno

Its just an aussie thing, we shorten lots of words. A good statement is a quick statement:dunno
Oh ok..so it's a military thing and also an Aussie thing. Now it's down to the whole "Palps" thing. Like, I'm a kid of the 80's..saw Jedi in theatres. So me and a few of my friends (around 40) that are super into Star Wars call them The Emperor. Palpatine just wasn't something said in the movie..it's a prequel thing. I don't know man, I'm just stuck in my ways lol. It's like when people use abbreviations for everything now, and I have to ask them what that stands for. I might as well be in my 80's.

Oh ok..so it's a military thing and also an Aussie thing. Now it's down to the whole "Palps" thing. Like, I'm a kid of the 80's..saw Jedi in theatres. So me and a few of my friends (around 40) that are super into Star Wars call them The Emperor. Palpatine just wasn't something said in the movie..it's a prequel thing. I don't know man, I'm just stuck in my ways lol. It's like when people use abbreviations for everything now, and I have to ask them what that stands for. I might as well be in my 80's.

Yeah i hear ya! I'm also a kid of the 80's, thats why i can't stand the SE of the originals. Jabbas scene, puppets replaced by cgi, sarlacc pit having a tongue and especially sebastian shaw being erased by Hayden. I cringe at that extra *****!
And yeah, back than Palps did'nt have a name, just a title, Emperor:wink1:

Yeah i hear ya! I'm also a kid of the 80's, thats why i can't stand the SE of the originals. Jabbas scene, puppets replaced by cgi, sarlacc pit having a tongue and especially sebastian shaw being erased by Hayden. I cringe at that extra *****!
The Star Wars novel from 1976 confirmed Palpatine as his name.
f8d7c49848455a538f9348c3d63941fb.jpg
7cc978594dedb3408f0169a5731a8a31.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Jabba scene didn't bother me since it didn't ruin anything, considering I saw the OT long before those. But if your first time was seeing those special editions in theaters, yeah kinda ruins the mystery of Jabba. Actually really loved the Jedi Rocks song. I remember having that cool looking CD single of it. Then when you compare that to the original, the voice of Sy Snootles was ear blastingly awful lol. But I was 17 and being reintroduced to a movie that I haven't seen since I was younger. I wish they didn't change Sy's look though.

The additions to the Sarlacc pit I also thought was cool. The new Wampa footage was awesome as well. I mean it wasn't all great; like some of the cheesy crap added at Mos Eisley. But yeah, the thing that pissed me off the most was removing Jason Wingreen's voice. Right up there as well was removing Sebastian Shaw (like you said). Even digitally deleting their eyebrows was ridiculous. I get it, it makes sense, but I didn't think it was necessary.

Makes you wonder why George just didn't remove Alec Guinness to put in Ewan McGregor in there. And while they're at it, completely replace puppet Yoda with a CGI one....so they can put a scene of them bouncing all around the swamp. But speaking of Sebastian Shaw, it should've been David Prowse. I know the story behind all of that, but it's still ****ed up.
The Star Wars novel from 1976 confirmed Palpatine as his name.
f8d7c49848455a538f9348c3d63941fb.jpg
7cc978594dedb3408f0169a5731a8a31.jpg
Pshh..now that's completely irrelevant lol. Didn't say that in the movies. These were movies, not novels. Not quite the same thing, but I was pretty shocked that there was that deleted scene in Star Wars where they mentioned the Sith. I was pretty wowed that the term actually existed before the prequels.

Another thing, it was always Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Didn't matter much in the early 80's when they put the A New Hope thing in the rerelease. lol - no one said that until starting a bit in the mid-90's..along with the episode 4, 5 & 6 thing. But I can only speak for myself and my fellow friends that were born in the late 70's.

Great set-ups:clap And the perfect way to show off the Sideshow Han head.:lol

I always love these collection displays that mimic museums.

20190206_232551-1.jpg

Pretty happy with with set up..still need to do a couple tweaks here and there but it will do for now

I was pretty shocked that there was that deleted scene in Star Wars where they mentioned the Sith. I was pretty wowed that the term actually existed before the prequels.

Darth Vader has been a Dark Lord of the Sith since 1977.

I imagine Lucas came around to making his villain's name, Darth, a title because the "Dark...Sith" contraction is so obvious.

Beautiful setup!

Man I'd love to get a Taun Tauntauns, or at least one of the hoth Luke or Han's. Hell I'd love to get a bunch of 16 vehicles and creatures, but considering how hard or expensive they are to get I don't know if that will ever really happen.

I found one of these guys at a convention about 3 years ago. I was with my wife and she was looking at something else at the stand so I approached the seller and asked him the price...very, very quietly. He looks around, and shouts to his colleague and the guy shouts back "€600" ($680). My wife just turned around, looked at the two of us and just said "nope" and kept on walking.
Needless to say the fact that she knew the price meant that I've never bought a Tauntaun!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back