1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love what you did PJB-1138.

I'm gonna give this a try myself. I'll be super happy if mine even ends up looking close to yours.

Btw, has anyone ordered Fett from the UK site Collectibles Direct? Originally I pre-ordered from two different sites and planned to either sell one or return it (for a small return fee). I've had my Fett figure for over a month now, but just browsed that site I mentioned and he's been pushed back to September.

Saw someone wearing this the other day:

motorcycle_helmets_5.jpg

:yess: :yess: :yess:

Agreed, I wet mine and they look perfect. Hasbros are ok looking too, I think either are do-able, but what gets me is the twice as long as they should be medi Fetts. Of course all the coke bottle glasses medi fans will tell you how screen accurate and real it looks. :lol

Agreed. Lots of mods/tweaks can be done to improve this figure, and I know that's not everyone's cup of tea but, if you haven't at least water treated the braids you are really doing yourself a dis-service. It takes all of 30 seconds to do and vastly improves the look of the braids. I was going to swap mine out for Hasbro's, but the water treated SSC braids really look better IMO.

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

Fantastic job PJB. You really nailed it.
Here is my modded Medi on a regular true type next to Medi Jango. I've since then moved the shoulder pads down and would really like to upgrade with a SS cape and hands at least.
IMG_0255.jpg
IMG_0254.jpg

Thanks for the compliments, guys! Like I said before, I was really just trying to salvage the parts of my Medi Fett that hadn't fallen apart, especially the ones that hadn't been improved upon by the Sideshow figure. And I wouldn't even have dreamt of trying to work a Hot Toys body into my Fett had I not seen the results guys like JediJim had posted here. As happy as I am with the results, Lopie has got me determined to dig up my old Hasbro Fett & use the Wookiee scalps from that figure instead. I never grow tired of all the great ideas & inspiration I find on this site! :dance

finally got my ss fett. actually, i received mine about two weeks ago, but work's been crazy so hardly had time for anything else.

between this and the other collectibles that arrived this month (ht tron lightcycle, alien big chap statue, jessica rabbit pf), it's been vewy, vewy tough on my wallet. ouch. but it's all worth it. :D

i'll post pics later, but here's just some very initial feelings about this piece. unlike some collectors here, i'm not overly preoccupied with the minutia of the details. i understand where their frustrations come from, but i do not share them. do i fuss over accuracy? yes, but only to a point. and as far as i'm concerned, the ss boba fett is every inch the boba fett i know and remember from the films. sure, the wookiee braids are kinda crude, but honestly they do not bother me that much. cos most of the time they're tucked at the side of his arms and are barely noticeable. the boxy vest is a slightly bigger concern, but again, easily solved just with some minor futzing and posing him in the right way.

the only thing that really bugs me is that he can't stand very well. mine has fallen over three times all on its own and the pose is just the static stance (nothing close to deep poses). the thigh/hip sockets are way too loose. and this really irritates the hell out of me. i finally managed to get him to stay standing though. so far he hasn't toppled over.

on the whole though, i'm quite pleased with how this piece turned out. the suit's weathering is great, especially the scuff marks on his helmet and armour, and the dirt on his clothes. the stand is nice too. it's a good collectible.

My unmodded Boba:

848A0B3E-46FE-4458-AE72-9F15D583BF8B-1998-000002713FC7218F.jpg

I tried changing the body with the slim African American body, it looks wayyy better. But I switched it back to the SS body, as I'm trying to find a slim caucasian body. I know the body isnt visible, but I just dont like the thought of having an inaccurate inner body :duh

My Snake Eyes is black. He hasn't complained yet.

So is my ht batman.

I dunno, it's been a difficult year with so many good stuff, I can't afford to outsource a slim Caucasian tts yet, since they are pretty expensive now.

Plus my SW ESB isn't done yet, as I'm still waiting for SS ESB Vader and HT Luke. Maybe when I get them and start properly displaying them, I'm gonna swap the body.

Isn't the SSC base body grey?

Yeah. And the body is as cheap and flimsy as a marmits' body which was released in 2002 or 03:duh you'd expect SS would give us a body that's on par with HT quality by now.

Back