1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put my Boba on a HT slim, what do you guys think?

P1170892.jpg

P1170876.jpg

^ I have to agree. I would've bought one, but I don't like it at all.

The head looks like it's been glazed with honey too.. well the snout anyway. :monkey1 :lol

I modded the hell out of mine 2 days ago to make it into a movie gamorrean, was pretty easy - might do a guide for it lol (but can't take decent pictures till i get new camera out) The biggest improvements were putting the fuzzy loincloth in a paint/water bath so it dries clumpy and differing shades of brown and then painting the snout tamiya buff colour and using citadel gryphonne sepia all over the green skin to add richness. As well as pulling out the neck connector to lower the head, and add real cloth on the back of his helmet

I modded the hell out of mine 2 days ago to make it into a movie gamorrean, was pretty easy - might do a guide for it lol (but can't take decent pictures till i get new camera out) The biggest improvements were putting the fuzzy loincloth in a paint/water bath so it dries clumpy and differing shades of brown and then painting the snout tamiya buff colour and using citadel gryphonne sepia all over the green skin to add richness. As well as pulling out the neck connector to lower the head, and add real cloth on the back of his helmet

:goodpost:

Would love to see a guide on this or anything that are easy improves on the figs.

As well as pulling out the neck connector to lower the head..
That's another thing about it - it looks completely wrong as it is, with the head sitting up as high as it does like that.

I can't believe Hasbro nailed the little 4" figure - NAILED it, yet SSC can't get the accuracy right in 1/6 scale.

That's another thing about it - it looks completely wrong as it is, with the head sitting up as high as it does like that.

I can't believe Hasbro nailed the little 4" figure - NAILED it, yet SSC can't get the accuracy right in 1/6 scale.

I agree, it was seeing the hasbro 1 in a shop and resisting the urge to buy it (I'm 1/6th now haha) that spurred me on, gonna get some pics up in the appropriate thread - it was all easy mods, mostly soaking the fabric in dirty paint water and applying washes and repainting only the nose.

I got quite annoyed when somebody from ssc said the nose was brown cus the prop was, and it was lighting that made it look yellow and the eyes dusky on film.... they are flat out wrong, you can youtube a behind the scenes segment (hosted by leonard nimoy!!) in the prop shop about how they actually made the gammorean guards with animatronic eyebrows etc lol... yellow nose, darkened eyes

Psst, he didn't put it on a Slim, he's just making fun of the people who made the switch.

Ok...well that's kind of pointless. I guess the stock body is okay if you just wanna stand your figure in a boring pose...but this Pro body is cheap, flimsy, and can't hold a descent action pose for spit.

I'll be glad to have a base-body that's worth a damn when I'm able to make the switch. I like figures that have at least enough weight to them that they can hold a crouched pose without a stand.

Last edited:
I tried changing the body with the slim African American body, it looks wayyy better. But I switched it back to the SS body, as I'm trying to find a slim caucasian body. I know the body isnt visible, but I just dont like the thought of having an inaccurate inner body :duh

:slap

No comment.

Put my Boba on a HT slim, what do you guys think?

Freaking awesome is how it looks.:rock

Gammorean guard was such a "miss" figure from SS. I grew up with GG and nothing in that figure captures that essence.

That is Gartogg, not the regular Gammy. Gartogg does look a little strange vs. the regular closed mouth Gammy - less like he's growling and more like a molding defect.

Gamorrean patrons, I finally took pics and did a kind of walkthrough to bring out a better gamorrean guard in the gartogg thread :lol *glares at boba fett people*

Back