1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. Before I got him I had pulled out my Medi ROTJ Boba to play with. So I made a spot for him thinking that I'd replace him with this one. But once I finally got the SS in I just opened it up to look at and put him back. Really wasn't wowed. I'm hoping that once I get a TT to use on him and after all the mods he'll be what I want him to be...and at this point he already cost more than what the Medicom one did.

I agree. Before I got him I had pulled out my Medi ROTJ Boba to play with. So I made a spot for him thinking that I'd replace him with this one. But once I finally got the SS in I just opened it up to look at and put him back. Really wasn't wowed. I'm hoping that once I get a TT to use on him and after all the mods he'll be what I want him to be...and at this point he already cost more than what the Medicom one did.

Those TT slims aren't cheap either. SSC just can't seem to nail their bodies - it's a problem that's evolved over the years, but it's still a problem.

Yeah, I recently picked up Greedo too and I want him on a new body. I pinched the skin on my hand pretty bad just trying to bend his knees...stupid me. So that one has less to do with proportions and more to do with me just being mad at it now.

I broke the knee on my Greedo trying to bend it, so I guess the issue is not as isolated as I thought. I ended-up buying another Greedo body via Toy Anxiety (really resented that the shipping was more than the body *grumble grumble*) and am waiting until we move before I switch him over. Guess I'll be making sure to soak those damn legs in hot water before I even try to bend them.

In regards to switching to a TT... One could paint it to match or whatnot but I really can't be bothered. For Greedo or Hammerhead, I'd just want to make it work somehow with the default Sideshow bodies. However, if you're doing it out of pure hatred (which, as we know, makes you stronger) for the original body, I suppose having it fully switched over at the end would be its own reward.

You gotta figure that even if HT re-releases them, they're gonna be at least $40, likely even $50.

This is the bit I keep forgetting to factor in. Since Fett already is on a body, it's tough to justify paying for another one, even as an improvement. But if a Slim TT was available to purchase packaged from my normal online shop, I'd still do it. So netting out what the retail price would be anyway makes the secondary purchase easier to swallow.

Is there any wackiness between the two bodies? Does the head, etc fit standard?

For Boba you will need ankle pegs, wrist pegs for a tt slim, the neck joint will probably fit, but I didn't have one and none of my other ssc neck joints would work with Boba's helmet, so I just cut the one out of boba's original neck (or if you dont have a tt slim neck, pull the whole neck adapter out and try that) and that fits just fine in the tt slim neck.

Things like belts will be a bit loose because the ssc bodies have child bearing hips and the tt slim is slim. Just some futzing to fix that

My boba is on a jack sparrow body, which is a bit cheaper it seems than red skull's atm on ebay - also i'm not sure yet, but red skull has tt narrow arms, but maybe only biceps. if it is forearms too, they will need sanding to get boba's wrist armour on. No problems on a 100% tt slim though such as jack sparrow. I'll have a red skull body in a few days so if you are curious still I'll let you know

Is there any wackiness between the two bodies? Does the head, etc fit standard?

That's what I'm finding out right now.

Just received mine this evening. . . he didn't last but 5 minutes in his 'stock' form, and I immediately started pulling parts off. Haha

But so far, I'm seeing the need for some of mods. The right gauntlet is a bit too tight for the Slim arm, the left one is fine. I will probably need to use the Dremel to sand it down a bit.

The neck peg is tricky. Just doing some early fitting and the Pro Neck assembly on the Slim (sculpted neck piece with barbell) looks too short. But I can't get the barbell out of the Pro to fit in the Slim neck. But in comparing the Slim neck and the Pro neck, the Slim neck looks slightly shorter. So, maybe the problem just lies in all the clothing and armor that's making the no-neck look. I've got a standard HT neck with barbell, but I couldn't get the Helmet onto that one.

The Pro wrist joints don't fit in the Slim. Luckily I have some Jack Sparrow pegs left over that I can use.

The feet joints don't fit either. I'm on the search for the HT pegs for those, soooooo yeah.

It's not just a simple swap, I can tell you that much. If I knew what I was doing, it would probably be easier

:dunno

I got the gauntlets on by using some tweezers to grab the sleeve then put the gauntlets on over the tweezers and sleeve if you know what I mean, no dremelling needed there lol. My slim had a sculpted on neck so I'm not sure if you could dremel the ssc neck to fit in the slot. I used a small metal saw to open 1 side of the ssc neck to get the ball joint out (the ssc neck is still usable afterward lol, just ugly so if you do use it, hide it!)

edit: are you using the jack sparrow slim body as well? my neck is like this when completed -
DSCF2822-1.jpg

DSCF2820.jpg

doesn't look too short, but I never push the heads all the way down anyway! (and yeah, it still stays on lol)

figured a shopping list might be helpful for people wanting to do a body swap -

1 tt slim
1 pair of hot toys ball joint ankle pegs
1 pair of hot toys wrist pegs (usually comes on the body but some sellers separate)
1 tt slim neck (not needed if neck is sculpted on like the jack sparrow, for the ball joint cut down 1 of the side seams on your ssc neck to extract the compatible ball joint or pay £5 for a new one! :()

most importantly

A PAIR OF PLIERS lol

Last edited:
That's what I'm finding out right now.

Just received mine this evening. . . he didn't last but 5 minutes in his 'stock' form, and I immediately started pulling parts off. Haha

But so far, I'm seeing the need for some of mods. The right gauntlet is a bit too tight for the Slim arm, the left one is fine. I will probably need to use the Dremel to sand it down a bit.

The neck peg is tricky. Just doing some early fitting and the Pro Neck assembly on the Slim (sculpted neck piece with barbell) looks too short. But I can't get the barbell out of the Pro to fit in the Slim neck. But in comparing the Slim neck and the Pro neck, the Slim neck looks slightly shorter. So, maybe the problem just lies in all the clothing and armor that's making the no-neck look. I've got a standard HT neck with barbell, but I couldn't get the Helmet onto that one.

The Pro wrist joints don't fit in the Slim. Luckily I have some Jack Sparrow pegs left over that I can use.

The feet joints don't fit either. I'm on the search for the HT pegs for those, soooooo yeah.

It's not just a simple swap, I can tell you that much. If I knew what I was doing, it would probably be easier

:dunno

Those gauntlets are nuts how narrow they are inside.

Flex pay finally ended and I picked this bounty hunter up this week... Really impressed with him and a huge improvement over the Medi offering. I also love the new placement of the on/off switch for the light up stand. So much more convenient than the IG88 one.

I got the gauntlets on by using some tweezers to grab the sleeve then put the gauntlets on over the tweezers and sleeve if you know what I mean, no dremelling needed there lol.
l

Yeah, I gotcha, it's just that when I tried to push the right gauntlet on, I heard a crack. . . so I'm not taking any chances.

What about the codpiece? What's the best way to get that thing off?

Flex pay finally ended and I picked this bounty hunter up this week... Really impressed with him and a huge improvement over the Medi offering. I also love the new placement of the on/off switch for the light up stand. So much more convenient than the IG88 one.

Certainly you aren't referring the the Medicom ROTJ version sir.

The paint apps on that guy kick the **** out of sideshows up and down the floor, not to mention he is the correct shade of green.

SS gives you a better stand.....oh yippy....

I'll take the more realistic accurate version any day....

Yeah, I gotcha, it's just that when I tried to push the right gauntlet on, I heard a crack. . . so I'm not taking any chances.

What about the codpiece? What's the best way to get that thing off?

For the codpiece I took all his clothes off apart from that part, then cover him in washing up liquid to lube off the armour, but you can't get it on over the tt slim as its rear end is a bit too curvy (that all sounds highly perverse). Anyway I just sliced the seam on 1 side (which is how TA gets them off anyway) and when put on the slim, the belts actually hold it on. If it doubt, a small dab of glue on the outside would be hidden by the belts also. Feels like breaking your toys, but if you don't mind dremelling a tt slim, then this is entry level breakage lol. All in the pursuit of perfection!

Certainly you aren't referring the the Medicom ROTJ version sir.

The paint apps on that guy kick the **** out of sideshows up and down the floor, not to mention he is the correct shade of green.

SS gives you a better stand.....oh yippy....

I'll take the more realistic accurate version any day....

To each their own. I prefer the SSC version.

Congrats on getting Fett, DN...I think he's fantastic....

FETT-IG88-05.jpg

Can't wait for Bossk to show up...

Thanks jb, yeah they're great and Bossk is going to be another alien SSC home run.

All in the pursuit of perfection!

:lecture

I'm looking at replacing all my Pro bodies now. . . I've started down a long and dark path. I'm not even buying many figs anymore, just looking to perfect the ones I have.

I'm watching for Nick Fury body parts to replace my Lando bod. I'm gonna be one of those guys who camps out in Toy Anxiety's thread NTTAWWT :lol

I'm like that too, few figures, but spend a lot of time customising them and body swapping to make them better! I have 2 sandtroopers, greedo, a random bith spacer dude and boba fett all played by johnny depp (jack sparrow and sweeney todd bodies) the weequay im trying to make is played by hugo weaving :lol

It is a kind of psychosis, but the TT bodies spoil you and make the ssc bodies feel like some kind of doll toy from TRU

Also if you aren't desperate for bodies, watching ebay auctions can give you a bargain, had 2 of my TT slims for £20-£25 free shipping from hk

IMAG0329.jpg

I am curious to know if this pose can be achieved very well with boba on a true type slim body. I love this pose but can't nail it with the pro body. If anyone with him on a slim cares to try it and snap some pics I would be eternally grateful :)

This is the best I can do:

picture.php

Back