1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my, Boba is in my country. Fingers-crossed he gets delivered tomorrow, and the mail man had better actually ring the door bell this time instead of just dropping off the missed delivery note and taking off!

This is the best I can do:

picture.php

This is nice! :clap

After piecing this figure together from various sources the last several weeks, here is what I consider the ultimate kit-bashed Boba Fett. When my Medicom ESB Fett started crumbling about a year ago, I was really looking forward to Sideshow's version to eventually replace it. But, when the final product was met with some disappointment, I decided to see if it was possible to cobble together a Boba Fett made up of the best parts of what has already been produced to date.

a5c279f8.jpg

faf18ad3.jpg

f194e4d1.jpg

db7cc452.jpg

For the curious, here's the final breakdown:

Medicom:
– head/helmet
– shoulder pads, chest armor & vest
– neck collar (cut from the original Medicom suit!)
– Wookiee braids
– gauntlets (the Sideshow ones were better detailed but too short)
– codpiece
– knee pads (glued with SSC darts to replace the broken ones)
– boots

Sideshow:
– rifle
– cape
– rocket backpack
– jumpsuit
– utility belt (customized so both pouches have the proper left-sided flaps)
– side holster & pistol
– hands (with trimmed wrist pegs)
– shin tools

Hot Toys:
– slim Truetype body (from Captain America Red Skull figure)
– ankle pegs & feet

bbi:
– G3 neck (the only way I could get that Medicom head to fit onto a Hot Toys body)

I apologize if this post is better suited to the Customs section. But since this figure is still made up of about 50% Sideshow parts, I thought some folks would appreciate seeing it here.

Last edited:
Here is my repaint of the Sideshow Boba Fett in the original 1979 Kenner color scheme, with some liberties taken. I've wanted to do this since the figure was announced, as the original figure was one of my favorites, and it wasn't until years later that I realized how incorrect the figure was in terms of color. It was always one of those things I had just overlooked as a kid.

Here's the original Kenner figure:

boba-fett-1979-kenner.jpg

Here is my custom:

KennerBobaFett01.jpg

KennerBobaFett02.jpg

KennerBobaFett03.jpg

KennerBobaFett04.jpg

KennerBobaFett05.jpg

KennerBobaFett06.jpg

KennerBobaFett07.jpg

KennerBobaFett08.jpg

Last edited:
Nice kitbash, PJB-1138. Look really good. Have to say I really prefer the darker olive green, even though it's not quite film accurate, either. Just think it jives better with the character than the green Sideshow chose for the armour plates. Prefer Sideshow's helmet, though, I think.

Youbastards, wow, honestly never antipated seeing a mod like this. You're definitely a braver man than I. Just out of curiousity, how come you opted to repaint the realistic/detailed Fett as opposed to just grabbing the 12" GG Kenner-style Fett? Just wondering why that wouldn't have had a stronger nostalgic pull (not saying I don't like the paintjob) through I'm assuming you wanted the modern details and articulation.

Lipsmack, also looking forward to that animated debut Fett someone's working on. Think it's Galactiboy, but not 100% on that.

i like both bashes... anyone can take a figure out of the box... why not put a little of one's self into it and call it one's own!?

good work.

PJB-1138, it looks really nice. It's a bit scary to think what it would cost to piece that bash together with the body... probably $400 plus?:thud:

Do you have any side by side pics to show the differences in length on the gauntlets, SSC vs Medi? Interested to see that. The SSC gaunts seem to be the same length as the Hasbro VOTC ones.

youbastards, you bastard! Stones the size of Sankaras and a cool concept to boot.

Thanks guys! I have another stock SS Fett for my collection, but wanted to get some extras to have a little fun with, and make my own. I have another Fett that I am trying to decide what to do with, I have some ideas but may sit on it for a while since I just finished this one.

I thought about just getting a Gentle Giant vintage 12" Fett, but decided that I would have more fun making an homage to the classic Kenner figure.

Glad you guys like it, I hope to do a few more that will suprise. :)

Here is my repaint of the Sideshow Boba Fett in the original 1979 Kenner color scheme, with some liberties taken. I've wanted to do this since the figure was announced, as the original figure was one of my favorites, and it wasn't until years later that I realized how incorrect the figure was in terms of color. It was always one of those things I had just overlooked as a kid.

Here is my custom:

KennerBobaFett08.jpg

egad that is one crazy custom! i admire the guts to transform to a kenner mode

PJB-1138, it looks really nice. It's a bit scary to think what it would cost to piece that bash together with the body... probably $400 plus?:thud:

Do you have any side by side pics to show the differences in length on the gauntlets, SSC vs Medi? Interested to see that. The SSC gaunts seem to be the same length as the Hasbro VOTC ones.

Here are some comparison pics I shot of Boba's gauntlets, with the Medicom ones on the left & the Sideshow ones on the right.

2c373607.jpg

As you can see, while Sideshow's pieces are better detailed & made of a more durable material, they're a bit undersized & designed to fit the narrower, stubbier forearms of the Prometheus body that it came with. While the left SSC gauntlet will fit onto the slim Truetype forearm despite its slightly shorter length, the right one won't if you want the wrist peg to go in all the way.

Here's another shot to give you an idea of how much room there is for the wrists. Why Sideshow made Fett's forearms so short to fit these undersized gauntlets is beyond me.

aa9e4b8c.jpg

BTW, if you don't count all the extra parts I ended up not using (this project did take a certain amount of trial-&-error, after all), I still spent about as much money for all the parts I did use, including the carbon-freezing chamber light-up base, as I would have had I picked up the whole Sideshow pre-packaged figure. However, not only was I able to make use of the better components of my old Medicom figure but I ended up with a Boba Fett figure that IMHO is better than what any single figure manufacturer has produced to date.

Last edited:

Here is my custom:

KennerBobaFett01.jpg

KennerBobaFett02.jpg

KennerBobaFett03.jpg

KennerBobaFett04.jpg

KennerBobaFett05.jpg

KennerBobaFett06.jpg

KennerBobaFett07.jpg

KennerBobaFett08.jpg

Pretty cool, but why did you paint the visor too? If you were taking liberties anyway? :wink1:

After piecing this figure together from various sources the last several weeks, here is what I consider the ultimate kit-bashed Boba Fett. When my Medicom ESB Fett started crumbling about a year ago, I was really looking forward to Sideshow's version to eventually replace it. But, when the final product was met with some disappointment, I decided to see if it was possible to cobble together a Boba Fett made up of the best parts of what has already been produced to date.

964b9ca1.jpg

cca28145.jpg

719d05e1.jpg

1f65d4fc.jpg

For the curious, here's the final breakdown:

Medicom:
– head/helmet
– shoulder pads, chest armor & vest
– neck collar (cut from the original Medicom suit!)
– Wookiee braids
– gauntlets (the Sideshow ones were better detailed but too short)
– codpiece
– knee pads (glued with SSC darts to replace the broken ones)
– boots

Sideshow:
– rifle
– cape
– rocket backpack
– jumpsuit
– utility belt (customized so both pouches have the proper left-sided flaps)
– side holster & pistol
– hands (with trimmed wrist pegs)
– shin tools

Hot Toys:
– slim Truetype body (from Captain America Red Skull figure)
– ankle pegs & feet

bbi:
– G3 neck (the only way I could get that Medicom head to fit onto a Hot Toys body)

I apologize if this post is better suited to the Customs section. But since this figure is still made up of about 50% Sideshow parts, I thought some folks would appreciate seeing it here.

This is the best Fett yet!
You're doing what I've started too and that's integrate Medicom and Sideshow together.
Thanks for creating a working template.

Back