1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In refards to that pic above, the velcro at the ankles needs to be loosened up so you can bag-out the pants.

Also the knee guards are not sitting on the knee correctly -- not even facing the right way.

The chest does look stocky, which throws off the arms. The 'vest' should be tightened. The arms hang so the hands are just below the crotch so that seems to be correct. It's just the bulky torso.

Paint is a relief -- color, I mean.

Weathering looks amazing on the helmet. Still wish there was more on the jetpack.

Overall: glad I kept my order alive.

But this is a serious futz piece. Ain't gonna look good out of the box.

In refards to that pic above, the velcro at the ankles needs to be loosened up so you can bag-out the pants.

Also the knee guards are not sitting on the knee correctly -- not even facing the right way.

The chest does look stocky, which throws off the arms. The 'vest' should be tightened. The arms hang so the hands are just below the crotch so that seems to be correct. It's just the bulky torso.

Paint is a relief -- color, I mean.

Weathering looks amazing on the helmet. Still wish there was more on the jetpack.

Overall: glad I kept my order alive.

But this is a serious futz piece. Ain't gonna look good out of the box.

As long as I'm able to tweak it and have it end up looking like Boba Fett, then I don't mind.

Sad, though, that the first thing that's jumping to mind is replacing the body. And this is my first SideShow figure. Dammit.

You're absolutely right, and I'll second that.

Thanks for the pics!

I'm not bashing, truly. Just sharing my opinions.

I know, I was just messin' with you... the pic was definitely taken to show it quickly which is cool of him to do. But it could use some futzing to look its best.

But I'm happy to at least see the vest can look okay even w/o much work.

Sad, though, that the first thing that's jumping to mind is replacing the body. And this is my first SideShow figure. Dammit.

It has the same body as the prototype, so if you don't like it, it shouldn't be a surprise.

I wonder if the vest is as simple as slicing the inside and removing a piece of foam.

It has the same body as the prototype, so if you don't like it, it shouldn't be a surprise.

I wonder if the vest is as simple as slicing the inside and removing a piece of foam.

You're right. I was hoping for an improvement between the prototype and the production verison. You know, like Hot Toys does.

And I'm almost certain there isn't any foam insert. The straight edge of the lower armor is causing the vest to flare out. It's that simple.

Exactly what I was just about to post. It's too poofy to just be material. The lining looks too thick.

But perhaps just tightening it somehow -- pinching the sides and stitching them closed.

I'm sure someone here will solve it before I even have Fett in hand.

This is a truly terrible picture...

That's a little unfair don't you think? You go on to describe what is wrong with the figure itself, or why you don't like it. Heck, I even agree with some of your points, but that doesn't make it a terrible picture.

That's a little unfair don't you think? You go on to describe what is wrong with the figure itself, or why you don't like it. Heck, I even agree with some of your points, but that doesn't make it a terrible picture.

Dude don't get reeled in. It's clear he's a troll and looking for attention. Put him on your ignore list and move on. He has a problem with Sideshow, yet joins a forum called "Sideshow Freaks" and proceeds to bash the company, their products and anyone who collects them. :dunno

It's a great pic. Rubio is one of the ... well.. you know... :1-1:

Some of the futzing is expected IMO. Its a none issue to me and the only issue for me is the change of the vest. For me personally this appears to be the best Fett on the market.

This is a truly terrible picture.

His upper and lower bodies look like they came from two seperate individuals. His arms still appear in various pics to be abnormally scrawny, and too short.

It seriously looks like the jumpsuit needs to be pulled WAAAAY down, as the pockets are so high up on his legs that it looks freakish, in addition to the fact that pants looks totally highwater.

There should be baginess to the pants (the prototype pant section was MUCH baggier, which was more inline to the character, even if it was actually a little TOO much).

The ankle straps should be color matched to the suit - having them white breaks up the suit.

The lower chest section of the armor is a travesty. Boba Fett's armor should be VERY form-fitting, and the lower section having no curvature is a major oversight, one that is screwing up more than the accuracy of the figure and creating problems with the vest, which in turn is negatively affecting the overall look of the whole figure. This version looks fat and bloated.

The more I see the helmet, the more I don't like it. The curvature of the T-shield is badly off, and just doesn't look right, at all. I'm sure no one will agree with me, but take these pics over to tdh, they'll tell you.

Looks like lighting is a pretty big factor in how the coloring of the helmet looks - that's definitely a plus!

Also, it certainly appears that the paint applications were very faithfully retained, as all of the weathering looks great, so far.

Not trying to start a firestorm, just my observations.

That first comment is why I don't waste my time and take more pics for this site. A fellow member asked for some pics so I did a quick set up. Jeez.

Dude don't get reeled in. It's clear he's a troll and looking for attention. Put him on your ignore list and move on. He has a problem with Sideshow, yet joins a forum called "Sideshow Freaks" and proceeds to bash the company, their products and anyone who collects them. :dunno

Did I not do a good job of explaining my reasons?

Were my opinions not clear? Have I ever expressed a problem with SideShow?

Pal, I'm getting real tired of you jumping on here to call people trolls. Who the hell do you have me confused with? Quote where I have bashed the company. In fact, I have gone out of my way to say how excited I am for the figure. You know why? So that people with very short attention spans would look at what I have to say without thinking I'm a troll, which I'm not. Debate my points, rather than just name call.

And I will take back the 'terrible picture'. It has nothing to do with the photographer or his skills. I thanked said photographer who shared the pictures. But the figure that the photographer snapped has some problems, and the photograph highlighted some of them. That was the purpose of my post.

I don't think rubio meant to criticize the technical quality of the photo itself. I think he meant that it was a terrible picture of Boba.

Seemed pretty clear to me that he wasn't trolling. :dunno

Edit: I see rubio answered himself. Don't let it get to you, rubio. At least one person out there knew what you were saying!

Back