1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture:exactly::goodpost: I plan to strip mine all the way down as soon as I get it. For those who just think they should be able to take a figure right out of the box and have it be perfect, well, this might not be the figure for you. :dunno

:exactly:

Yeah, I pretty much do this with all my figures anyway. About the only one I can think of I haven't done this with were Vader and the Stormtroopers. You have to keep in mine, these are "dressed" by people in a factory, probably pretty quickly. They don't really have the time, or inclination I am sure, to carefully dress these figures. I've found that, more often than not, simply stripping and redressing a figure makes a vast improvement.

You better buy him dinner first.

I'll have mine Tuesday and I plan on bathing, stripping and futzing him.

Are you buying your Boba dinner too, KD? Waller thinks I should... I really hope he's not an expensive date. :(

:exactly:

Yeah, I pretty much do this with all my figures anyway. About the only one I can think of I haven't done this with were Vader and the Stormtroopers. You have to keep in mine, these are "dressed" by people in a factory, probably pretty quickly. They don't really have the time, or inclination I am sure, to carefully dress these figures. I've found that, more often than not, simply stripping and redressing a figure makes a vast improvement.

:lecture Agree 100%, Billy Ray. There's a ton of parts on this figure so just getting those to lay properly should help a ton.

I don't think anyone is saying it should be picture perfect out the box, simply that one should not HAVE to expect to boil or retailor it out the box. That's a totally reasonable request. Not sure why the happy happy joy joy folks won't even acknowledge that.. makes no sense.
Also, if you read back, about all the detractors have invested in this figure. If that weren't the case, then the complainers of the complaining would have just cause in downing that view point, but we are in the same boat here! Everyone agrees that it is more than a nit and it needs to be fixed. Damn shame that customers have to do it!

So you're telling me that Waller is soft and that I should just get right to the stripping? Okay..... I might rub his legs a little first.... You know, just to get him warmed up. It's the least I could do.:dunno

You'll know when you're doing it right when his rocket shoots off.

Jmlsuperman, really love this shot (though his right knee pad needs fixing), great pic and pose!

boba1.jpg

I don't think anyone is saying it should be picture perfect out the box, simply that one should not HAVE to expect to boil or retailor it out the box. That's a totally reasonable request. Not sure why the happy happy joy joy folks won't even acknowledge that.. makes no sense.
Also, if you read back, about all the detractors have invested in this figure. If that weren't the case, then the complainers of the complaining would have just cause in downing that view point, but we are in the same boat here! Everyone agrees that it is more than a nit and it needs to be fixed. Damn shame that customers have to do it!

Life sucks. Wear a helmet.

Or, don't. :dunno

Jmlsuperman, really love this shot (though his right knee pad needs fixing), great pic and pose!

boba1.jpg

Nice to see there is some fabric of the vest below the lowest armor piece... in the production shots it seemed they were both on the same level.

I think the same can be said if the doom and gloom group. Why can't those of us who are happy with the way this looks start talking about our plans for potential improvement without those who are unhappy chiming in about how "we shouldn't need to do any of that"?

Really, the yays and nays just need to live with each other here in this thread. You're entitled to your opinion just like I am. :1-1:

That is a good shot. I'm thinking with the vest you might be able to pull it a little tighter and use Velcro to keep it there.

I think the same can be said if the doom and gloom group. Why can't those of us who are happy with the way this looks start talking about our plans for potential improvement without those who are unhappy chiming in about how "we shouldn't need to do any of that"?

Really, the yays and nays just need to live with each other here in this thread. You're entitled to your opinion just like I am. :1-1:

:exactly::goodpost::lecture

i went to Hottoys and had boba fett in my hands earlier but couldn't take him home because there were hundred of ppl queuing to pre-order batman DX.........so sad!

boba1.jpg

This is a truly terrible picture.

His upper and lower bodies look like they came from two seperate individuals. His arms still appear in various pics to be abnormally scrawny, and too short.

It seriously looks like the jumpsuit needs to be pulled WAAAAY down, as the pockets are so high up on his legs that it looks freakish, in addition to the fact that pants looks totally highwater.

There should be baginess to the pants (the prototype pant section was MUCH baggier, which was more inline to the character, even if it was actually a little TOO much).

The ankle straps should be color matched to the suit - having them white breaks up the suit.

The lower chest section of the armor is a travesty. Boba Fett's armor should be VERY form-fitting, and the lower section having no curvature is a major oversight, one that is screwing up more than the accuracy of the figure and creating problems with the vest, which in turn is negatively affecting the overall look of the whole figure. This version looks fat and bloated.

The more I see the helmet, the more I don't like it. The curvature of the T-shield is badly off, and just doesn't look right, at all. I'm sure no one will agree with me, but take these pics over to tdh, they'll tell you.

Looks like lighting is a pretty big factor in how the coloring of the helmet looks - that's definitely a plus!

Also, it certainly appears that the paint applications were very faithfully retained, as all of the weathering looks great, so far.

Not trying to start a firestorm, just my observations.

This is a truly terrible picture.

His upper and lower bodies look like they came from two seperate individuals. His arms still appear in various pics to be abnormally scrawny, and too short.

It seriously looks like the jumpsuit needs to be pulled WAAAAY down, as the pockets are so high up on his legs that it looks freakish, in addition to the fact that pants looks totally highwater.

There should be baginess to the pants (the prototype pant section was MUCH baggier, which was more inline to the character, even if it was actually a little TOO much).

The ankle straps should be color matched to the suit - having them white breaks up the suit.

The lower chest section of the armor is a travesty. Boba Fett's armor should be VERY form-fitting, and the lower section having no curvature is a major oversight, one that is screwing up more than the accuracy of the figure and creating problems with the vest, which in turn is negatively affecting the overall look of the whole figure. This version looks fat and bloated.

The more I see the helmet, the more I don't like it. The curvature of the T-shield is badly off, and just doesn't look right, at all.

Looks like lighting is a pretty big factor in how the coloring of the helmet looks - that's definitely a plus!

Also, it certainly appears that the paint applications were very faithfully retained, as all of the weathering looks great, so far.

I think you forgot to say thanks for sharing a picture :monkey1

Back