1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Untitleda.png

Just for early comparison's sake.

His arms look weird. And his upper body looks really stocky, while his legs seem very long and really thin.

Where's the baginess of his pants? The baginess was very visible on the prototype and production studio shots.

ok where my gawwwhh dam Fett!!

You took my money a week ago and Still no shipping!!!

on a side Note it seems sideshow have really uped their game.

The knee guards are sitting too low as well, giving the upper legs that disproportionate elongated look.

What's curious, is whether the upper legs ARE longer than they should be, or it's just that the guards are placed too low.. :dunno

I've also recently become a big fan of the Medi Fetts.. so I know where my money's going anyway. :lol

What's the actual height of the Medi ROTJ?

It's the one figure by them that always looks impressive. It hits such natural looking poses, and matches his slim appearance on film.
Mate - it looks a like real guy in a suit.

They're a little smaller than standard 1/6 scale I believe.. someone here though I'm sure can give you an accurate height measurement.

Mate - it looks a like real guy in a suit.

They're a little smaller than standard 1/6 scale I believe.. someone here though I'm sure can give you an accurate height measurement.

Cruise over to the other thread. Don't want to clutter this thread with another version unless it's a direct comparison.

Can't wait until more people get their's.
No one has mentioned whether the vest is 'futzable' or whether it's molded like that. I'd like to see better pics of the braids to see if they really are bits of Granny's knitting wool or if they look ok.:monkey1

We'll be waiting a while for local etailers in Aus to get ours.

The one thing that is consistent with the vest is it is pretty concave at the top, and the bottom piece is dead flat. It will be interesting to see if it is a simple fix (pad the top of the vest, bit of heat on bottom piece,) or not fixable at all (i.e. push out the top of the vest a bit and he looks fatter etc.)

I agree. I would think heating the bottom armor piece to bend with the body, and maybe stitching the vest tighter to the body (at least along the bottom) might have to be done.

It's very disappointing, but ultimately not a deal-breaker for me.

Wow this is really weird... July 10th is my birthday as well! Not even trolling here.. Anyways, it's gonna be a great day for us and everyone else who gets their Boba in the mail!!! FINALLY gonna be here!!!

IMO figure looks awesome and the amount of detail in the figure just blows my mind. And for once, I am happy to see everyone starting to ignore all the trolling posts from the whiners about the color, the vest, and the _____, lego this, lego that... stfu already and let everyone else enjoy this great figure release. :clap :yess:

Weird indeed. It willbe a day long remembered :clap

In the video posted at 2:30 in he does give the vest a bit of a squish and it seems pliable enough. I really think this will be a case of warming the plates and reshaping them to have the right curvature. Honestly should be an easy fix similar to what happened with the chest armor of the Stormtroopers.

SS is a 501st version of Boba. Or the robot chicken version of Boba, plain and simple in my opinion. Congrats to those getting him.

I'd like to admit I purchased Boba Fett from Hong Kong for $250 with EMS shipping!!! I know it's a crazy price, but I live in Asia and I want it now instead of a few weeks from now. I've been waiting a YEAR (since Comicon 2011!) for this and finally next Tuesday the year long wait will be over! :hi5: :yess:

In the video posted at 2:30 in he does give the vest a bit of a squish and it seems pliable enough. I really think this will be a case of warming the plates and reshaping them to have the right curvature. Honestly should be an easy fix similar to what happened with the chest armor of the Stormtroopers.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost: I plan to strip mine all the way down as soon as I get it. For those who just think they should be able to take a figure right out of the box and have it be perfect, well, this might not be the figure for you. :dunno

I'd like to admit I purchased Boba Fett from Hong Kong for $250 with EMS shipping!!! I know it's a crazy price, but I live in Asia and I want it now instead of a few weeks from now. I've been waiting a YEAR (since Comicon 2011!) for this and finally next Tuesday the year long wait will be over! :hi5: :yess:

I paid $175 from Sideshow, with regular shipping, and he will be here the same day :dunno

:lecture:exactly::goodpost: I plan to strip mine all the way down as soon as I get it. For those who just think they should be able to take a figure right out of the box and have it be perfect, well, this might not be the figure for you. :dunno

Probably no figure will be for them :lol

In all honesty its a good idea to do with just about any figure as redressing it yourself allows you to usually get a tighter fit and a better display. But especially on this one as the vest needs sorting.

Yes, I agree. I will just bend and shape the abdomen plate and that should make the rest of the armor plates curve around the body properly. :wink1:

Probably no figure will be for them :lol

In all honesty its a good idea to do with just about any figure as redressing it yourself allows you to usually get a tighter fit and a better display. But especially on this one as the vest needs sorting.

Yes, I agree. I will just bend and shape the abdomen plate and that should make the rest of the armor plates curve around the body properly. :wink1:

And if simply re-shaping the armor doesn't work the material may need to be taken in a bit. I'm wondering if there's even a spot for the entire vest to open up or if it sits wide like that because it's designed to slip over the shoulders. If that's the case it would make sense that it sits wide at the base of the vest and the only way to fix it would be to take it in some.

Back