1/6th Scale Phase I Clone Captain

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the Phase I Clones made by SSC so far are based off of AOTC. The only ones CW based other than the obvious Captain Rex is the Phase I helmet inclusions on the Commanders.

All the Phase I Clones made by SSC so far are based off of AOTC. The only ones CW based other than the obvious Captain Rex is the Phase I helmet inclusions on the Commanders.

Does anyone know if Rex is going to go to a Phase 2 helmet?

Nothing has been formally announced but given that not just his helmet but his armor is slightly different especially with the hashmarks and the weathering I would say that an eventual Captain Rex 2.0 is a given.

Can't wait for mine to ship. I just need the sgt clone and I'm all set. I do think the red is the best of the bunch, they did a great job on him.

Nothing has been formally announced but given that not just his helmet but his armor is slightly different especially with the hashmarks and the weathering I would say that an eventual Captain Rex 2.0 is a given.

I hope so, Mike, I hope so!:pray:

dex.png

:lolAwesome:lol

It's not. It's the plastic the bases come in. I leave it on for display because the silver paint likes to stick to the bottom of the feet of some Star Wars figures. I don't want it to hurt potential resale value years down the road.

Waxer and Boil.

I always forget about Waxer and Boil.

I have to look, I own both of these I thought they came with P1 and P2 helmets also (please a face).

They did. They had human sculpts, Phase I and Phase II helmets.

Does anyone know if they are going to make a rex P2 helmet? Why I am posting do they sell them by them self if you own the 1o one? I would hate to buy another one.

I guarantee you that Sideshow will never sell just the helmet. If you look at Captain Rex that Sideshow gave us:

2187_press09-001.jpg

and what he looks like now:

Rex11.jpg

716px-RexPhase2Badass-SWE.jpg

There are more differences than just the helmet. They'll definitely do one the question is just when.

Rex Mk2 looks awesome! What does it takes to get SS to make this and the rest of the CE Clones?

I always forget about Waxer and Boil.

They did. They had human sculpts, Phase I and Phase II helmets.

I guarantee you that Sideshow will never sell just the helmet. If you look at Captain Rex that Sideshow gave us:

2187_press09-001.jpg

and what he looks like now:

Rex11.jpg

716px-RexPhase2Badass-SWE.jpg

There are more differences than just the helmet. They'll definitely do one the question is just when.

I never looked that close to the pictures I have seen of him. On Screen yes. Rex was the 1st clone I bought, if they make another one of him. I will buy it again.

See I was thinking about whether not a Phase II Captain Rex would be a viable SDCC Exclusive and in some aspects he'd be perfect and in others he'd be more likely for a standard release.

Sideshow has said that an SDCC Exclusive would be a variant on an existing figure, a bonus figure that fans wouldn't feel obligated to get. Rex while has an abdomen difference, slight streaking on the armor, the addition of a pouch on his pauldron, harshmarks of his "kills" all over his armor and obviously the helmet difference is still a variant of the existing figure as that could easily be used as the base.

On the other hand, this Phase II Rex is what would theoretically fit in with the other Phase II Troopers and just like due to Gree's differences between his Phase I and II would require a new figure not only because of the radical differences between having and not having camo, it's also about getting the commanders in their proper forms for display purposes. That makes me wonder if they would do a Phase I Gree as an SDCC Exclusive and if so then absolutely Rex 2.0 would follow suit but if not, then I don't see where Rex wouldn't classified as the same.

Doing either one as a Comic-Con Ex could go both ways. I think both are different enough to warrant a regular release its not a simple repaint on either character. I would tend to lean that way with them getting their own release, but I could see with the fact people don't get worked up about Clones they could do it with a high enough ES and be ok.

Actually Josh has a fantastic point, SSC's treatment of Clones has been a little different most likely due to customer response. Two of the AOTC officers were SDCC Exclusives and if you had asked me before that, I would have been sure that they'd all be actual releases within the line.

I guess a Phase I Gree or a Phase II Rex would actually follow suit to the SDCC Exclusive model for Clones without much of an issue.

Either way I have a feeling this SDCC will bring another Clone but I'm unsure from what it'd be from.

Whatever clone if they do a clone for Comic-Con is fine with me. I love getting a clone as a take home item from Comic-Con each year. :rock

Back