1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So lack of a fully articulated 1:6 spine = Hasbro/lack of "essense" *rolls eyes*. Realistically, I don't know how you could get closer to the CGI movie character, except to make it out of metal (x2 price).

By no means am I saying Hasbro is better (that's ridiculous). And it is crazy to think that once you have GG in hand that you would not be impressed. What I'm saying is 90% of the movie GG is caped and hunched over. What I am seeing posted here is GG straight back and caped. His "movie" personality is not coming out of the sculpt for me so as a result it translates to "toy" rather than a mini replica!

I think Grievous' design lends itself to looking "Toy" like when miniaturized. Unless you're making a lifesize one (HUGE) with real metal parts and something to resemble marble, I think it will always be a little like that. I think the figure looks amazing...WANT.
Btw, Grievous was inspired by a plastic spray bottle.
GenGrevSprayBottle.jpg

Mine hasn't converted yet. Got on the wait list about three weeks ago. I figure if nothing happens by next week I'll just pick up the regular through BBTS.

Mine hasn't converted yet. Got on the wait list about three weeks ago. I figure if nothing happens by next week I'll just pick up the regular through BBTS.

I got on the waitlist on the 18th of Feb and haven't heard anything. Anyone else have any better luck?

Sent from atop my Dewback

We should start a waitlist thread for the exclusive grievous. I recently got on the list but the outlook looks pretty grim. Please post if yours converts and your sign up date!

So lack of a fully articulated 1:6 spine = Hasbro/lack of "essense" *rolls eyes*.

We'll everyone is saying how SSC went 'all out' with the joints but yet you can't hunch the figure of a character that was hunched for the entire movie?

This sums up SSC though, so close yet so far.

I'll get the figure eventually, it just doesn't wow me at the moment.

I don't know that HT could've done better. For the hunched look, the only option would've been to sculpt him hunched. Guess they're going to displease one camp or the other but personally I'm glad they went with a straight back.

I don't know that HT could've done better. For the hunched look, the only option would've been to sculpt him hunched. Guess they're going to displease one camp or the other but personally I'm glad they went with a straight back.

I didn't mention HT, it doesn't always need to be HT vs SSC.

Surely the ability to hunch the figure couldn't have been that hard, just curious seeing the character spends majority of its time hunched and this has been three years or so in the making.

It's just something I'm curious about, that's all.

I didn't mention HT, it doesn't always need to be HT vs SSC.
Right, because there's another 1:6 company that could've possibly made this.

Surely the ability to hunch the figure couldn't have been that hard, just curious seeing the character spends majority of its time hunched and this has been three years or so in the making.
I think you're underestimating how difficult it would've been to add joints to his back, but whatever. This is a nitpicky hobby, but seriously, we're not going to see it re-made for a decade, at least. Overall, it's a fantastic figure and the positives outweigh the negatives, so I'm fine with how he came out.

Back