1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure definitely has faults (i.e. the eyes) but that is far from unusual. Even with near perfect HT figures you will find pages and pages of fixes and mods (i.e. Batman) and same with Sideshow's offerings even when they are supposed to be just about perfect (i.e. the new Vader everyone raved about and now all I read is a laundry list of mods people are doing that virtually reworks everything other than the light-up boxes and gloves).

A complex figure like this that never truly existed in the real world is going to have limitations to just about everyone. For me, I got enough of a hunch to make me satisfied. I'm more dissatisfied with the eyes and the limited poseability of the fused arms.

I could never tell anyone that this figure, or any other, is worth $250. I do not believe any 1/6 "toy" is worth $250 to be honest. But 'value' is in the eye of the beholder....

Can't people just create a foam hunch to enhance how hunched ( or lack of hunched ) he already is? They could slip it right under the cape for hunched poses. Seems like that'd be an easy fix, it's one I'm gonna try anyways.

Right, because there's another 1:6 company that could've possibly made this.

I think you're underestimating how difficult it would've been to add joints to his back, but whatever. This is a nitpicky hobby, but seriously, we're not going to see it re-made for a decade, at least. Overall, it's a fantastic figure and the positives outweigh the negatives, so I'm fine with how he came out.

It didn't really seem that hard for Tony Mei to just change the shape of the socket joint to give Grievous the ability to look up. That's really all it would have taken, and it looks so much better. The character spends more of his time in the film hunched, Sideshow should have saw this coming. It doesn't make the figure less awesome, there's really only like 3 things that keep this figure from being a 10/10 for me. This is one of them.

Right, because there's another 1:6 company that could've possibly made this.

I think you're underestimating how difficult it would've been to add joints to his back, but whatever. This is a nitpicky hobby, but seriously, we're not going to see it re-made for a decade, at least. Overall, it's a fantastic figure and the positives outweigh the negatives, so I'm fine with how he came out.

Relax, I'm asking why SSC couldn't get another hinge or way to hunch it, not saying anyone else could do better either.

I think certain members here lately have picked the crap out of things so much that people can't even comment on anything anymore without getting slammed.

It's great that your happy, awesome, I just thought it would be able to bend 3/4 of the way up the spine to hunch it a bit, that's the characters stand out feature to me.

I did say I'm still buying one.:wave

This figure definitely has faults (i.e. the eyes) but that is far from unusual. Even with near perfect HT figures you will find pages and pages of fixes and mods (i.e. Batman) and same with Sideshow's offerings even when they are supposed to be just about perfect (i.e. the new Vader everyone raved about and now all I read is a laundry list of mods people are doing that virtually reworks everything other than the light-up boxes and gloves).

A complex figure like this that never truly existed in the real world is going to have limitations to just about everyone. For me, I got enough of a hunch to make me satisfied. I'm more dissatisfied with the eyes and the limited poseability of the fused arms.

I could never tell anyone that this figure, or any other, is worth $250. I do not believe any 1/6 "toy" is worth $250 to be honest. But 'value' is in the eye of the beholder....

Great post.

1622277_10202600600849956_1614634761_n copia.jpg

I've just received mine. Quite fragile figure, I already broke two parts on the arms (I already fixed them).

Ok so I do like the figure a lot!! I posted in here that I was thinking of selling him already but honestly it is not because I feel the figure is bad overall. I was a little put off on how big the box was and how big he is. I took him out and played with him a bit. Here are some pics I took and a review vid I did of him....

12855537093_d158653d06_b.jpg

12855882264_7097b39d69_b.jpg

12855536133_1901bafe6f_b.jpg

12855878614_b79ff0a599_b.jpg

12855877284_bcb63b86e2_b.jpg

So many great pictures in this thread. Grievous really came out great. Definitely want to pick him up. But I have to get a new case first. No more room in my other.

Nice turnaround on opinion! Grievous won you over. :clap AND GREAT POSE and pictures!!!

Ok so I do like the figure a lot!! I posted in here that I was thinking of selling him already but honestly it is not because I feel the figure is bad overall. I was a little put off on how big the box was and how big he is. I took him out and played with him a bit. Here are some pics I took and a review vid I did of him....

12855537093_d158653d06_b.jpg

12855882264_7097b39d69_b.jpg

12855536133_1901bafe6f_b.jpg

12855878614_b79ff0a599_b.jpg

12855877284_bcb63b86e2_b.jpg

Back