1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rorywan again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EVILFACE again.

Damn.

Loving all the pic's....lots of ideas for poses to try. A couple more with some Droids. :)

Grievous90.jpg

Grievous101.jpg

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rorywan again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EVILFACE again.

Damn.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to King Darkness again.

You can send some Reputation to EVILFACE again. But do you really want to?

Damn.

hey wor-gar got any pics of how you did it I would like to try

I think I took a before and after that I posted way back when I first got this figure. Let me see if I can find it. It's kind of hard to see/understand until you have the figure in-hand.

EDIT: Found it on page 204:

Here's the "hunch"... on left is how he should be posed but he'll topple right over, while on the right is how he can be posed and still stand on his own.

View attachment 94652

Here's the neck/head posing problem -- they stack up to restrict movement:

View attachment 94657

Here's my FIX... (bending the back plate upward so collar can slide past):

View attachment 94658

And here's a side view before-and-after if it helps...

Anyway, here's the NECK MOD for anyone who wants to try it. See below, by heating (hair dryer) and slightly raising the back plate so the collar can slide passed it, this allows the head to look up higher.

View attachment 94748

He doesn't have to look up when he's hunched, just straight ahead, which this mod allows.

Last edited:
Nice mod. I got the same range by heating and slightly raising the Y shaped back plate so the 'collar' could slip under it. I was nervous about actually cutting anything off, so I just moved things.

Does the head actually hold its position? My head is a bit floppy with all that rubber pulling on it.

The cold water sealed made it strong on holding, but I'm still not satisfy yet, more needs to be done....

Now I do have one little niggle. The stand. Ugh. Good idea but....not quite there. Base is WAY too light and the swivel would be a more effective support if it had a "ratchet"-style ability similar to many of the figure's joints. I may have to find an alternative....I just don't trust that flimsy stand.

But the figure itself rocks!

Don't have mine yet. Getting anxious. Great pics of everyone's Greivous. I'm just wondering if you can't add some heavy washers or some kind of weight to the bottom of the base to make the base heavier so that it doesn't move.

Don't have mine yet. Getting anxious. Great pics of everyone's Greivous. I'm just wondering if you can't add some heavy washers or some kind of weight to the bottom of the base to make the base heavier so that it doesn't move.

I have no problem with it moving. It behaves more like a third leg than a stand. It will slide like the feet will, but you position it like a tripod and you're fine.

The rubber pad on the underside was a great idea that really doesn't work at all on mine because its slightly recessed, enough so it can't get a grip. I don't like stands and never use them, but this one is fine with Grievous, necessary, and doesn't bother me... with the cape on.

It going to be the lack of hunch. I can see your point. Without the hunch it lacks the "essence" of the character
So lack of a fully articulated 1:6 spine = Hasbro/lack of "essense" *rolls eyes*. Realistically, I don't know how you could get closer to the CGI movie character, except to make it out of metal (x2 price).

Back