1/6th Hammerhead Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got this guy at a “decent” price.

3828550A-93E4-4B3D-ADA7-092556B61F55.jpg

still love this figure. it was an awesome figure done by SS just wish they did not get caught up in all those clones and just worked on cantina aliens. probable would have had a lot more aliens by now.

Congrats! Nice pickup.

Thanks Chris!

still love this figure. it was an awesome figure done by SS just wish they did not get caught up in all those clones and just worked on cantina aliens. probable would have had a lot more aliens by now.

I agree. I’ve never had any interest in collecting clones, but thats only since the OT is my favorite SW era. Would’ve been great if they went down the list of Cantina Patrons and Jabba’s Guests & Goons!
He’s not HT quality but he is still solid and an AWESOME figure. I’m very glad I was able to get my hands on one :)

Damn you guys scared me! I saw this thread at the top of my page and for a split-second thought HT teased a Hammerhead. Still a pipe-dream I see.

Hehe apologies GD for resurrecting an old thread. Just wanted to share! :)

in honestly i don't know how much more HT could improve on this figure. i mean SS did a great job i just dont know what the can vastly improve besides a touch of paint here or there.

Definitely one of my favorites. The outfit, paint and belt bag could be improved, but the head and body sculpt is absolute perfection. Love it.

Definitely one of my favorites. The outfit, paint and belt bag could be improved, but the head and body sculpt is absolute perfection. Love it.

:exactly:

Yeah, I've had a plan to upgrade the outfit a bit, but it never bugs me enough to do it and the sculpt really is brilliant. The one simple thing I will likely do is paint out the gold dots in the eyes, which I think are supposed to be like "doll dots." Just black gloss eyes I thought would look cooler.

And congrats on the purchase, DR37! It really is one of Sideshow's best creatures and poses really well. With an upgrade to the outfit and a few tweaks to the paint it really would be HT quality.

Interestingly, a buddy of mine didn't buy this fig because he was convinced that the head would either crack or sag over time - wrong on both counts, but with Ht's record with rubber, who knows - if it was a Ht fig, he might have turned out to be right.:lol

Yeah, I've had a plan to upgrade the outfit a bit, but it never bugs me enough to do it and the sculpt really is brilliant. The one simple thing I will likely do is paint out the gold dots in the eyes, which I think are supposed to be like "doll dots." Just black gloss eyes I thought would look cooler.

And congrats on the purchase, DR37! It really is one of Sideshow's best creatures and poses really well. With an upgrade to the outfit and a few tweaks to the paint it really would be HT quality.

Interestingly, a buddy of mine didn't buy this fig because he was convinced that the head would either crack or sag over time - wrong on both counts, but with Ht's record with rubber, who knows - if it was a Ht fig, he might have turned out to be right.:lol

I don’t think you should paint over the eyes. They are pretty accurate actually. Apart from the real ones lighting up - if I’m not wrong. The eyes are basically empty holes with some light diodes it seems to me. Pretty sure that’s not ‘shine’, but diodes or small bulbs (whatever they used at the time).
5c15c021ad6d339723592d70f7f6882c.jpg

When the eyes are closed they seem to be turned off, but you can still see them in there
57dece17a50ed0d05b1a783aba4f8492.jpg

Damn, there's some pretty hefty prices out there (and they are Euros not USD) ! So as I think I decided the last time I looked, I think I'll wait on a HT version :lol

But seriously this is a real situation where HT needs to look at the market and see this guy is wanted, if they are indeed selling around that range.

I'm just hoping there are a couple in the Mandalorian. Imagine a bounty hunter Hammerhead with awesome outfit. Would look so sweet and irregular on the shelf compared to all the others.

View attachment 464288

in honestly i don't know how much more HT could improve on this figure. i mean SS did a great job i just dont know what the can vastly improve besides a touch of paint here or there.

Thanks! I love the articulation especially in the ankles which are nearly seamless; the wrist articulation is amazing as well for such a simpler & older design.
I was surprised the head was rubber, then realized that if it were cast plastic it would most likely be top heavy. I’m guessing I’m lucky it hadn’t leaked considering it was MIB sealed - Boussh’s boots on the figure I got leaked for a weeks.
A couple things I could see HT upgrading is the outfit and some minor paint apps, which neither are bad at all, but as mentioned could be better.
I’d like to add more “spotting” to the sculpt that I’ve seen in some screencaps and tighten up the ankles a bit. He stands fine but would like him to be a bit more sturdy.

Thanks! I love the articulation especially in the ankles which are nearly seamless; the wrist articulation is amazing as well for such a simpler & older design.
I was surprised the head was rubber, then realized that if it were cast plastic it would most likely be top heavy. I’m guessing I’m lucky it hadn’t leaked considering it was MIB sealed - Boussh’s boots on the figure I got leaked for a weeks.
A couple things I could see HT upgrading is the outfit and some minor paint apps, which neither are bad at all, but as mentioned could be better.
I’d like to add more “spotting” to the sculpt that I’ve seen in some screencaps and tighten up the ankles a bit. He stands fine but would like him to be a bit more sturdy.

I believe the head is made of a foam material. I have never heard of anyone having problems with it.

Damn, there's some pretty hefty prices out there (and they are Euros not USD) ! So as I think I decided the last time I looked, I think I'll wait on a HT version :lol

But seriously this is a real situation where HT needs to look at the market and see this guy is wanted, if they are indeed selling around that range.

I'm just hoping there are a couple in the Mandalorian. Imagine a bounty hunter Hammerhead with awesome outfit. Would look so sweet and irregular on the shelf compared to all the others.

View attachment 464288

Ithorians are my favorite aliens, so I hope to see them in the Mandalorian. If HT made a Ithorian I would be very happy. As many ithorians as possible please!

This is the screencap (thanks Slikkerias)... those subtle spots and stripes would look sick.

5c15c021ad6d339723592d70f7f6882c.jpg

View attachment 464288

It’s insane! Here in the U.S. I’ve usually seen $399 and up. I passed on one months back that was a bit less but the guy was a smoker. After spending my eBay bucks and subtracting the 10% earned eBay bucks promo that was going last week i was able to pick this up for $233.

This is the screencap (thanks Slikkerias)... those subtle spots and stripes would look sick.

It’s insane! Here in the U.S. I’ve usually seen $399 and up. I passed on one months back that was a bit less but the guy was a smoker. After spending my eBay bucks and subtracting the 10% earned eBay bucks promo that was going last week i was able to pick this up for $233.

Ok thanks. $233 is reasonable. We here in Europe are really shafted when it comes to eBay. There are no eBay promos or eBay bucks. No wonder they are losing big time to Amazon over here.

Anyway I'll continue to light a candle each day for HT to make some of these aliens :lol

Darn! I got excited for a moment in thinking a new 1/6 Hammerhead was coming?!

Someday, somehow, a 1/6 Hammerhead will be mine!!!! :gah:

Back