1/6th Hammerhead Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will Hot Toys do any cantina figures outside of maybe Greedo? Or will Sideshow ever go back to that territory?

Id like to think HT will get to Greedo at some point. If even through the Battlefront line which they seem to have started.

Really wish they'd do some more aliens.

BTW. Great pic Maw-maw. Very jealous !! :)

I'm guessing the battlefront line will be for non-movie or game-only figures like the jumptrooper or for game versions with extra accessories like they did with the Snowtrooper. They probably figure a "movie" version will sell better even if it's the exact same thing.

I'm guessing the battlefront line will be for non-movie or game-only figures like the jumptrooper or for game versions with extra accessories like they did with the Snowtrooper. They probably figure a "movie" version will sell better even if it's the exact same thing.

Yeah either way they are killing 2 birds with one stone and getting potential buyers from both camps. Gamers and Movie fans.

Was taking some figure pics and had to take a new shot of this brilliant figure.

P1UnZQW.jpg

This figure looks really good. Great photo! I wish Sideshow would consider re-releasing some of there older figures. And if need be make some slight upgrades or modifications. I missed out on some figures that I would like to have in my collection. Greedo, Hammerhead, Tusken Raider - In my opinion these figures still hold up.
I wonder if Hot Toys will explore alien figures in the future?

Thought I'd join the pic party for the Hammerman... here he is hanging with his bros.

RI8drFs.jpg

He's a really great fig that still takes pride of place on one of my ANH shelves.

oEMcplx.jpg

What's funny is that a buddy of mine told me not to buy this figure because the head (it's soft/rubbery) would droop and crack over time. Well... so many years later, still going strong.:yess:

look at that walrus looking sucker cookoo cachew

Star Wars was conceived in that same drug-hazed period as the Beatles and their Walrus, so it kinda makes sense there'd be a Walrus in SW. I love his original Walrus flipper hands instead of those standard hairy wolfman hands they gave him for the close-ups (you can still see the flippers in the wide shots though.)

He even holds his gun with the rubbery flippers just fine in the original scenes, so could have worked for the close-ups too - so poo-poo to you, GL!:lol

In the absence of a figure, the Gentle Giant 1/6 Walrus statue makes for a good substitute. And their Greedo is also better than the SS but obviously the pose is fixed.

3IrpgwN.jpg

1fqmSqf.jpg

I really should switch him over to flipper hands configuration...

And while I look at it maybe some Coco stand toppers to custom size for the base to make the floor match the bar.

This is one Sideshow figure I'd pick up if I could find it for a reasonable price. One of the cooler alien designs in Star Wars and a nice looking figure.

Yeah. I will be always sad about letting mine go. It was a good catch on ebay, but then money issues ... oh well. Maybe i'll try grab him again someday, maybe even EX with staff.

They had a MIB non-ex at SDCC going for $400. I wish so bad I had jumped on him at first offering. I was new to 1/6th and "trying to limit my collection". Well, I am over that idea now and really kick myself for missing him and Greedo.

Come on Hot Toys. 40th anniversary of our first taste of scum and villainy needs an entire cantina cast!

Yeah I'd take this, Greedo, and Walrus Man for Cantina characters. I suppose I'd take Dr. Evazan to go with Ponda Baba too.

They had a MIB non-ex at SDCC going for $400. I wish so bad I had jumped on him at first offering. I was new to 1/6th and "trying to limit my collection". Well, I am over that idea now and really kick myself for missing him and Greedo.

Come on Hot Toys. 40th anniversary of our first taste of scum and villainy needs an entire cantina cast!

The Sideshow Greedo is a decent figure, but I think the price and demand for it is simply about no other 1/6 Greedo fig, not about the actual quality or accuracy of the fig itself.

The headsculpt looks more like a generic Rodian than Greedo - the snout seems way too elongated. Stuff like the bright orange vest and the forest green head color on the Sideshow Greedo really threw out the likeness for me too, and the fact that the belt Sideshow made is 100% wrong. I sold mine for over $300 and made a custom one that overall feels a bit more like Greedo from ANH to me - I did use a SSC jumpsuit though.

It's a character that is SO ripe for the HT treatment, but it'll likely be a few years before they get to him. But who knows - they made a power droid (even if it doesn't look like it'll get released) so maybe it'll be sooner rather than later.

This is my custom Greedo in a Cantina display I had him in a few weeks ago...

it8spTi.jpg

The Sideshow Greedo is a decent figure, but I think the price and demand for it is simply about no other 1/6 Greedo fig, not about the actual quality or accuracy of the fig itself.

The headsculpt looks more like a generic Rodian than Greedo - the snout seems way too elongated. Stuff like the bright orange vest and the forest green head color on the Sideshow Greedo really threw out the likeness for me too, and the fact that the belt Sideshow made is 100% wrong. I sold mine for over $300 and made a custom one that overall feels a bit more like Greedo from ANH to me - I did use a SSC jumpsuit though.

It's a character that is SO ripe for the HT treatment, but it'll likely be a few years before they get to him. But who knows - they made a power droid (even if it doesn't look like it'll get released) so maybe it'll be sooner rather than later.

This is my custom Greedo in a Cantina display I had him in a few weeks ago...

it8spTi.jpg

which head sculpt is that for greedo

Hammerhead is a great figure, I dont know how much HT could improve on it. Sideshow definitely made a quality piece with this.

The only little issue I had was that the tied-up granny shawl thing he has over his neck/shoulder area wasn't big enough to properly cover him the way it does in the movie, so I bought an extra one from TA. I don't love the resin pouches, but that's how Sideshow did most pouches back then.

It's a very solid figure. I like the taupe-colored blaster. The staff really elevates the figure too - it's a great inclusion. The only thing that would have been cooler is if they gave him a little blue Richard Simmons leotard so you could turn him into Kenner hammerhead (though you'd have to cheat - the upper arms/legs aren't finished.)

which head sculpt is that for greedo

custom-made. hands and gun are custom made too.

The only thing that would have been cooler is if they gave him a little blue Richard Simmons leotard so you could turn him into Kenner hammerhead (though you'd have to cheat - the upper arms/legs aren't finished.)

And the shifty eyes.

zaWnKup.jpg

Back