1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
31281903822_abf8e24e9d_c.jpg

30605288564_242102256a_c.jpg

31390613006_8eace94de0_c.jpg

31281899382_f087109133_c.jpg

Looks awesome buddy, great photos and congrats ��

Nailz I used acrylic paint, mainly dry brushed it on. Used three colors, khaki, territorial beige, and brown oxide. I mixed the first two. They are apple barrel brand acrylic as well. So hope that's some ideas.

Ok you guy were right after trying the top of the outfit on the original body the arms sit better the the hot toys banner body so I decided to stick with the vts body and I removed the pads on the legs. Only thing is to have the beard darkened which I will have a friend do that as I'm not as skilled with painting head sculpts but here he is complete.20161204_215506.jpg

Thanks but I switched it back to its original body as the articulation around the arms are better suited. I returned the banner as indy's body.

Ok you guy were right after trying the top of the outfit on the original body the arms sit better the the hot toys banner body so I decided to stick with the vts body and I removed the pads on the legs. Only thing is to have the beard darkened which I will have a friend do that as I'm not as skilled with painting head sculpts but here he is complete.

Looking good!

The VTS is a very natural looking body, and I also like the option of the double jointed elbows.

Yup the banner body is also double jointed and the forearm has skin texture but when it had the shirt and jacket and the best on the arms didn't move in close so the pose wasn't natural. So I used the original body I did put some paint on the arm to match the hands so that's ok.

That's what I found with the ZC muscle body. It seemed a good idea at the time, but it just didn't work well. However, that body was perfect for the looser fitting Art Figures outfit.

Yeah I agree the only body that can work as a replacement would be the damtoys narrow shoulder body 2.0 ether with rick or daryl sculpt.

I got an extra scarf for Max as the one isn't nearly long enough for movie accuracy. If you zoom in on the attached picture you see that it goes all the way down while still being bulky around the neck. Two does it.
83bd5c68c968059010bb26d9dc6e855e.jpg

ef5b753c03ce3b2a9bfc73907986b3b9.png

slikkerias and Luisenigma, those figures look awesome. I wish mine looked good as your guy's figures. It's really accurate to the movie Mad Max.

Thanks noface. I'm sure if you can do the weathering on your figure. Dry brushing works

Throwing my finished Max into the mix. All props and thanks to everyone here for sharing their tips, tricks and ideas!

max1.jpg

max2.jpg

max3.jpg

max4.jpg

max5.jpg

Recipe is mostly VTS with AF shirt, Mr. E boots and HT Keaton Bruce Wayne body with padding (the VTS body just didn't have enough bulk for me). Weathered with Folk Art antiquing medium and Bragdon powders. Sherlock skull :)
:duff

Got my Max a couple days ago and finally had a chance to sit down with him. Out of the box, this is a very nice figure. One thing about this figure, though, is that the weathering on the outfit does not photograph well. Even though it cold be improved upon for that "been through hell" look, in hand it's not as sparse as it looks in pictures. I'm not as exacting as some on here, so I was happy with the level of detail and weathering that it came with. The one thing that did bother me, though was the lack of detail on the right arm. I had a spare HT Mandarin body laying around, so I briefly considered a body swap. After comparing the two bodies, I decided that the Mandarin body was too short for a total swap, so I decided to hack away and just swap the right forearm. Despite doing some major damage to the bicep, it worked out pretty well. The HT forearm has a larger wrist peg hole, so I couldn't use the VTS wrist peg and all I had were small ball joint pegs. I ordered some larger ball joint wrist pegs, so I will swap the tiny one out for a better fit when they arrive.

IMG_5933_zpsx8zpoetz.jpg

IMG_5936_zpsdhcvnrc3.jpg

IMG_5947_zpselntdye4.jpg

I did a few small mods on the vest (removed a couple flaps and the belt loops from the knife sheath).

IMG_5943_zpszumwvpxj.jpg

I'm almost ashamed to post any pics of my mostly unmodified Max after the amazing customs that have been shown in this thread, but here is one. Other than the aforementioned mods all I did was flip the leg brace. Oh, and I didn't like the "Wasteland Ranger" name plate, so I sanded it off, repainted and just wrote on "MAX" with a Sharpie. I like it better. The only other thing I plan to do is try to make a paracord bracelet for him,as I don't like the plastic one he came with.

IMG_5944_zpsi1c7oess.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back