1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No stand is after. Although it's not noticeable it's alot better then the one before the weathering is still there underneath the new coat of paint.

Mine is still up for grabs. No mods made to any of the VTS equipment. AF jacket , pants shotgun and knife are included. I'll also add the custom sweatshirt.

Thanks, Paul! Love it, but because of you I went ahead and got all that extra AF stuff (clothing and knife) and have it sitting here waiting for the VTS head/body/vest/boots needed. I'm hunting for a lowball price on the VTS at this point.

Curious - I have done a lot of scale modeling so I am pretty experienced with weathering powders and the like, but I am curious as to what you guys would seal pastels or weathering powders with on 1/6 clothing. Without a topcoat the powders would rub off. I was thinking a thin, acrylic, matte-varnish sprayed on with an airbrush, but I was wondering how durable it would be on a soft, porous surface that would need to move and bend like 1/6 clothing.

Thanks, Paul! Love it, but because of you I went ahead and got all that extra AF stuff (clothing and knife) and have it sitting here waiting for the VTS head/body/vest/boots needed. I'm hunting for a lowball price on the VTS at this point.

Oops! Sorry I made you spend that extra money. If anyone is still looking I'm letting it all go for the same price I paid for the VTS figure, all the extras are free. ( I pre-ordered at the lower price)

Oops! Sorry I made you spend that extra money. If anyone is still looking I'm letting it all go for the same price I paid for the VTS figure, all the extras are free. ( I pre-ordered at the lower price)

No worries, Paul. I'd be all over your set if I didn't already have half the stuff. Someone will get lucky here.

Curious - I have done a lot of scale modeling so I am pretty experienced with weathering powders and the like, but I am curious as to what you guys would seal pastels or weathering powders with on 1/6 clothing. Without a topcoat the powders would rub off. I was thinking a thin, acrylic, matte-varnish sprayed on with an airbrush, but I was wondering how durable it would be on a soft, porous surface that would need to move and bend like 1/6 clothing.

I used weathering powder for the first time on this figure and now I want to put them all over everything :) I didn't really feel the need to seal it - they stuck to Max's pleather really well. Rubbed off a little with handling but once I got him into a pose I just touched up here and there and he was good to go. Not really an answer to your question sorry! Just my first-time experience.

Mine just shipped from Monkey Depot...I was on the fence about it because I typically only collect figures that are at the Hot Toys quality level and this does not appear to be there....but when it came down to it I am just way too big a fan of the movie not to add this piece to my collection. Anyone else pick this piece up solely out of love for the movie or is anyone out there enjoying the figure based upon it's own merits?

got the new high octane anthology re-watched FR in b/w/chrome edition and started settin up my vts max. is very cool, so glad its in collect. was surprised to see the shoulder pad is meant to only go on when vest is there, can rest on shoulder well enough w/o vest tho which is a relief. have him as the prequel comic book ver now so no vest(wrong shoes i know). also the collar on coat is stitched down on chest? easy to un-hook that?

plan doing the full look set up soon. but do like him bare bones look so far.

Got more free time to continue working on my Max. Added buttons/studs on the sides of the collar and the shoulder pad using fabric pins. The jacket's original zipper was replaced with a different one with smaller teeth. Knife sheath was repositioned (brought to the front of the black strap) and added with a black ziplock. My Max is now 90% complete. The only missing piece is the leg brace from Fullmetal which I'm still having to pay off in payments.
15401361_823268007815633_2107526308_n.jpg
15451070_823268217815612_1890289994_n.jpg
15423567_823265437815890_207381670_n.jpg
15416070_823271374481963_131110153_n.jpg
15415969_823278571147910_1275298716_n.jpg

Actually I don't I'm still paying for it as well. Lol but I have seen a good amount of images and Jake Rahmier showed me some pics if his brace. Looking at it it's a lot more accurate then the vts brace in terms of the shape and piston. And it functions really well.

Timewalker may have more for waitlist......my wife had a waitlist converted for my xmas present.......I had no idea she was getting it for me, so we cancelled one waitlist......so they have at least one more!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back