1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only can I thought of was the rifle cleaning kit. :dunno

you need to be realistic, rifle cleaning kit is a luxury item and it's not like he had a rifle to clean until later stage.

canned food, water are something you need to survive in the post apocalypse. maybe he stashed it in his car but later onwards he should at least have them inside his backpack.

anywhere we can get hydration pack & sardines cheap? there's some canned food on ebay but it's very expensive.

you need to be realistic, rifle cleaning kit is a luxury item and it's not like he had a rifle to clean until later stage.

canned food, water are something you need to survive in the post apocalypse. maybe he stashed it in his car but later onwards he should at least have them inside his backpack.

anywhere we can get hydration pack & sardines cheap? there's some canned food on ebay but it's very expensive.

Rifle cleaning kit.

Battle%20jacket%20details1_zpsxwguf2uj.png

uU8Hqzh.jpg

6pPfY9F.png

Unless you're referring to a different can.

Plenty of washes and earth tone dry brushing. For metal parts of weapons get a nice silver (I recommend Vallejo, hobby lobby coupon will take it down to a buck and change) and dry brush the edges where wear would occur from getting knocked around. Just remember to clear coat it and that no matter where you have friction, such as a grip, you'll have paint rub. And remember sometimes less is more! Too much weathering is as unbelievable as too little. Good luck! Looking forward to seeing your work!

Hi, thanks for the pointers! here is what i have done...

i have only weathered the shotgun so far, as i have added some extra weapons and gear to the figure to make him look a bit different. i will post some pics a bit later on...

anyway heres the shotgun...

image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg

Agreed. As for your work Deathstroke87 that looks amazing, like if it's been worn due to being used alot. The scratches on the wood looks great. You did a good job.

Agreed. As for your work Deathstroke87 that looks amazing, like if it's been worn due to being used alot. The scratches on the wood looks great. You did a good job.

Thanks dude!

here we go, I like to think of his as post-Fury Road with a few added bits of equipment...

SAM_1616.jpg
SAM_1619.jpg
SAM_1618.jpg

Finally got my figure today. Put him together and all. Great figure needs a darker beard. And I will do a body swap have the neck removed and weather the clothes later today.

Finally got my figure today. Put him together and all. Great figure needs a darker beard. And I will do a body swap have the neck removed and weather the clothes later today.

I don't think he needs a body swap to be honest. At least not when using the scarf. The arm needs a bit of work though.
All I did was change the shirt and the bracelet. Weathered the leather and flipped the leg brace. Still wanna get to a touch up of the head, but I'm gonna finish my Grizzly Max outfit first.
acbc51e6769d49d9ca3fbb805ebcac61.jpg

:lecture

That's a fantastic collection, and a lot of good work. :drool

I agree that the body's fine. The clothes seem to be specifically tailored for it.

I'm using the scarf on both of mine, so there's no issue or hint of overly long neck.

:lecture

That's a fantastic collection, and a lot of good work. :drool

I agree that the body's fine. The clothes seem to be specifically tailored for it.

I'm using the scarf on both of mine, so there's no issue or hint of overly long neck.

Thank you! Appreciate it! I have some new stuff coming to make the Grizzly Max outfit more or less correct. It's been hard finding enough good pictures showing the harnesses and stuff, but I think I have it almost figured out. Will post a picture when I finish him.

Thank you! Appreciate it! I have some new stuff coming to make the Grizzly Max outfit more or less correct. It's been hard finding enough good pictures showing the harnesses and stuff, but I think I have it almost figured out. Will post a picture when I finish him.

Thats a great set, and it must've taken a lot of work to cobble together (especially grizzly Max). Well done man!

Do you think the leathers from the VTS figure can be used to make a Road Warrior Max? I'd love to have the 2 side-by-side...

Ok, this will be my last set of pictures of this figure, promise!

i have gained a bit of confidence in my painting/weathering abilitiesand have painted up his face, goggles and sniper rifle. and i think i am finally 100% happy now.

let me know any pointers to improve!

Thanks

SAM_1642.jpg
SAM_1643.JPG
SAM_1635.jpg
SAM_1636.jpg
SAM_1645.jpg
SAM_1637.jpg
SAM_1646.jpg

Thats a great set, and it must've taken a lot of work to cobble together (especially grizzly Max). Well done man!

Do you think the leathers from the VTS figure can be used to make a Road Warrior Max? I'd love to have the 2 side-by-side...

Thank you!
I don't think the leathers are good for a Road Warrior. The Road Warrior has the belt, no repairs and has a tighter fit. More like a classic motorcycle outfit. Think maybe the Ghost Rider set would be better? But I do think that they would make a great Thunderdome Max as I think his jacket looks almost identical to the VTS version. I'm actually planning on doing just that.
7e106058192d785f8cb4670376cfeb18.jpg

Yeah I know it's not necessary buy I already swapped them out and on a banner body it looks good. I thought I show you guys my finished work.20161204_130916.jpg20161204_130956.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back