1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to say that, though the paint job is lagging and it's not perfect, the VTS sculpt is the most recognizable. Even more than the ML one... I think a repaint of the VTS head is the way to go.

Mine is not the Eleven. It's the Modern life sculpt. I do see Hardy in the Eleven but again Hardy has so many different expressions so you would need 20 different headsculpts to capture them all.
242086e98b6ee5b13df1928d6a062f55.jpg

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk
But it really is all a matter of lighting. Here's the same sculpt in different lighting.
55e3c9787abb58b875056e22a3fdb64f.jpg

I'd have to say that, though the paint job is lagging and it's not perfect, the VTS sculpt is the most recognizable. Even more than the ML one... I think a repaint of the VTS head is the way to go.
I have both VTS and Modern Life and they are both great likeness. For me the ML is the best, but maybe because of the paint. Again Hardy has many different expressions.

Hey, so I have painted up the boots.

How would you go about weathering the weapons?

Thanks!

Hey, so I have painted up the boots.

How would you go about weathering the weapons?

Thanks!
Plenty of washes and earth tone dry brushing. For metal parts of weapons get a nice silver (I recommend Vallejo, hobby lobby coupon will take it down to a buck and change) and dry brush the edges where wear would occur from getting knocked around. Just remember to clear coat it and that no matter where you have friction, such as a grip, you'll have paint rub. And remember sometimes less is more! Too much weathering is as unbelievable as too little. Good luck! Looking forward to seeing your work!

I think there are pros and cons to each sculpt, and each captures a different aspect of Hardy, while none of them are dead on, 100% perfect. Personally, I like the VTS the best still, though it is a bit idealized, in the way that many HT sculpts tend to be more idealized, "pretty boy" (or girl) versions of real actors.

Really outstanding weathering right there! Is that the VTS jacket and pants? Looks totally transformed.
Thanks! Yes that's the VTS jacket and pants. Used mixed brown, yellow and white acrylics to get that beige desert sand kind of look, just really carefully used the tip of a spunch and then brushed it all with Fullers earth. 😊

anyone used the Gandalf shirt how did you go around cutting it making it look like Max shirt since i see it's in rather pristine condition.

This a great look I want to get max to look like. It's a 3D art by someone found it on google. me-pyon-keep-08.jpg

If I remember right I think they did but I don't know the name of the site. He even did profile shots of him.

Yeah of course. And also Finally! Monkey depot got their shipment in, I have my tracking number.

Does anyone know of a 1/6 Ford Falcon or 70s Mustang? Could be radio controlled or just a model. I would love to make a custom Interceptor, but can't seem to find a car body to build it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back