1/6 utility belt material ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nevermore

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys & gals
Does anyone have a clue what sideshow or any of the other major manufacturers make there belts from ? Could do with a few stormy utility belts but wouldnt know what to make them from? I wondered if they may be vinyl has anyone ever cast anything like this before & any tips on the best way to do it saw a sandtrooper belt on toy anxiety but need more than 1 any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :wink1:

I used leather from Michaels, they have scraps you can buy in all kinds of colors. I you need a templat for the holster I'll post it when I get home.

4-3.jpg

Yeah sure like to see how you did the box parts on the leather? Or do you mean you made the gun holster with the leather ?

I used leather from Michaels, they have scraps you can buy in all kinds of colors. I you need a templat for the holster I'll post it when I get home.

So I'm not crazy! I saw leather at Michael's several times, but passed on buying it because I didn't think I needed it.

Then I realized I did need it, and so far I've checked 2 different stores and couldn't find any leather in either one, for several months now...

I was beginning to think I had just imagined or dreamed it all! :panic:

Michaels carries a product line called the 'leather factory' and I think you can buy direct. There is also another leather company called 'Tandy' that might help you.

I just went to Michael's today, and actually found the leather in the store! :lol

And all this time I thought I was just going crazy... Don't know why I couldn't find it before. :slap

Here is the template. I'm not sure how to make it printable, so if someone can PM me on that I will fix this post.

holster.jpg

Nice one Lopie im sure we can figure it out will fit nice on the new sandy corporal ive just bagged :)

No problem Bro. glad I can help, and welcome to the freak show. Post some pics when you get one done. I making one for my Hammerhead tonight.

Hey JA nice to see ya on here :) Forgot to ask what ya gonna do with the camo scout helmet when i send it? You leaving it as is or painting white ? Im gonna try figure out best way to apply the tiny symbol on the side of the helmet prob find someone making decals or make a ickle stencil & just spray it on lol
oh nearly forgot to say anyone interested i spoke to sideshow this afternoon & they provided a list of materials used to make the armoured figures the utility belts on stormys & clones are made from urethane vinyl rubber need to figure out how to make some of these for the legion of stormies & scouts planned :)

Last edited:
Back