1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how SooSoo Toys will match up to 3Z offerings of MMPR 1/6 figures. Still have not gotten the re-release of Kiba or Dragon Ranger after 3Z made the announcement back in Q3 of this year?

Toys Blunderland has been forever scrubbed from existence here @MarkKing after the higher ups made their call (and I think that you might have notice that). After various members here got majorly screwed over by them (myself included) and also posted on various 1/6 forums (including here), action was taken after a nightmare of posts regarding their very shady action.
I was able to recoup a few hundred from Blunderland, out of 3k or so. I hope awful things happen to them.
I do wonder how far 3Z goes? I have a feeling their Tommy's are guaranteed to be made....but it's all a gamble. Dino Thunder is probably the least desired of the Tommy's and I cannot see them do all Ranger teams.

I can see all MMPR, ZERO and Space, but nothing beyond that. I want to be wrong though.

Soosoo doing Zeo Gold is weird because pretty sure 3Zwill do them, unless something is going on we do not know about is happening with the license.?

I was able to recoup a few hundred from Blunderland, out of 3k or so. I hope awful things happen to them.
I do wonder how far 3Z goes? I have a feeling their Tommy's are guaranteed to be made....but it's all a gamble. Dino Thunder is probably the least desired of the Tommy's and I cannot see them do all Ranger teams.

I can see all MMPR, ZERO and Space, but nothing beyond that. I want to be wrong though.

Soosoo doing Zeo Gold is weird because pretty sure 3Zwill do them, unless something is going on we do not know about is happening with the license.?
Rumors are that 3Z was possibly working on or considering the four we just got announced and both SooSoo and PT are trying to beat them to the punch.

Given Tommy’s popularity, I can see Dino Thunder getting made, but I didn’t take any chances and put in a pre-order. If 3Z makes their own, I’ll likely grab it and sell the other. That’s one of his more popular forms, from one of the more popular seasons. The one I’m most skeptical about getting 1/6 representation of is Turbo Red. It’s the one that always gets forgotten (it didn’t show up in either “Fighting Spirit” or “Dimensions in Danger”, despite all the other forms making a showing), it’s from one of the least popular seasons (nearly killed the franchise), and he gave it up to TJ midway through the season.

I’m probably in the minority in really liking it.
cb69a8c92c786e2a86b0cfcca67b6970.gif

Who knows? If these do well for SooSoo, maybe it’ll encourage them to tackle more non-MMPR teams and characters. Maybe some villains too.

wonder why SooSoo did only 400? Really weird but sure there is a financial reason about the amount.

I love almost all Power Rangers until 2008 or so and then it really changed for the worst and couldn't get into it.

Preordered Tommy....skipping Jason as he seems likely to be made by 3Z.

Turbo is kind of where I fell off watching Power Rangers originally. I mean I was also getting to the age of feeling too old for it but that season/movie didn’t have the same appeal. To be fair though at the time I don’t think I watched a ton of Zeo either.

Nothing was a straight timeline for me. I lost a lot of interest when Jason Left in MMPR. He was my fav ranger. Tried Zero and Turbo but just not for me. Saw Inspace coming form school and had a crush on Patricia Ja Lee(Pink Ranger).

Then actually watched Light Speed(Very underated), Time Force(My Favorite), and a couple more. I remember loving the Magic Rangers also...but somewhere around OverDrive it was bad. Almost everythig else seemed to have lost. Maybe they made everything to kiddie, lowered the story line levels and action waned.

Now and then I go back to watch past seasons, and nothing has changed. The pre-2008 or so series are just more watchable. I know people liked Dino Charge, but by then I was not watching any TV. Almosst all TV shows I quit on and moved on with my internet life.

wonder why SooSoo did only 400? Really weird but sure there is a financial reason about the amount.

I love almost all Power Rangers until 2008 or so and then it really changed for the worst and couldn't get into it.

Preordered Tommy....skipping Jason as he seems likely to be made by 3Z.
The 400 number is probably just a ruse to get people to buy lol.

The 400 number is probably just a ruse to get people to buy lol.

No doubt, seems like their 400 figures are plentiful.

I only have the 3Zero Tommy figures and would buy these but have a problem spending more on third party figures than I did for officially licenses ones. I'll wait to see if 3Zero eventually makes them.

Nothing was a straight timeline for me. I lost a lot of interest when Jason Left in MMPR. He was my fav ranger. Tried Zero and Turbo but just not for me. Saw Inspace coming form school and had a crush on Patricia Ja Lee(Pink Ranger).

Then actually watched Light Speed(Very underated), Time Force(My Favorite), and a couple more. I remember loving the Magic Rangers also...but somewhere around OverDrive it was bad. Almost everythig else seemed to have lost. Maybe they made everything to kiddie, lowered the story line levels and action waned.

Now and then I go back to watch past seasons, and nothing has changed. The pre-2008 or so series are just more watchable. I know people liked Dino Charge, but by then I was not watching any TV. Almosst all TV shows I quit on and moved on with my internet life.
I think RPM might be in my top 3. It’s from 2009, and I really felt it nailed the balance of characters, plot, humor, action, and maturity lacking in many modern seasons.

Power-Rangers-RPM.jpg

Some of my favorite stunts, meta humor, cinematography, high stakes, and pacing. It’s memorable, from Doctor K’s screwed up backstory to Dillion’s angsty loner facade to Ziggy being one of the most unexpected additions to the Ranger ranks. Everyone pulls their weight, and it’s obvious why many in this season went on to better things.

Last edited:
I think RPM might be in my top 3. It’s from 2009, and I really felt it nailed the balance of characters, plot, humor, action, and maturity lacking in many modern seasons.

Power-Rangers-RPM.jpg

Some of my favorite stunts, meta humor, cinematography, high stakes, and pacing. It’s memorable, from Doctor K’s screwed up backstory to Dillion’s angsty loner facade to Ziggy being one of the most unexpected additions to the Ranger ranks. Everyone pulls their weight, and it’s obvious why many in this season went on to better things.
I loved this one also. 2008 or so waas an arbitrary timeline. Maybe it was with 2009 RPM that was the real last gasp in many Ranger fans.

Funny thing is, that coincided with the rise of a certain ahem, agenda which we see all over our movies, print and TV shows today.

I remember hearing rumors about social media and how it was really CIA controlled as they saw people moving away from traditional media. I used to work in print media back then and some of the things I saw in the back rooms kind of made me think back then, "sounds about right."

I wonder if this is why Power Rangers really ceased being Power Rangers like it used to be?

Anyway, I would love to also see some of those RPM suits in 1/6 scale. It's hard to figure out these companies. I would hate if Soosoo toys just did these 4 and nothing else.

But I also hate that 3Z has not committed to figure Ranger projects. If they just say they will do the first 10 season, or gave me their long term plans, I would be 100% invested into 3Z....but these companies have no transparency.

I wonder if this is why Power Rangers really ceased being Power Rangers like it used to be?

Anyway, I would love to also see some of those RPM suits in 1/6 scale. It's hard to figure out these companies. I would hate if Soosoo toys just did these 4 and nothing else.

But I also hate that 3Z has not committed to figure Ranger projects. If they just say they will do the first 10 season, or gave me their long term plans, I would be 100% invested into 3Z....but these companies have no transparency.
As a casual viewer, I think everything goes through highs and lows in their attempts to maintain relevancy. The last season I watched was "Beast Morphers" and, honestly, it's right at home with MMPR, Ninja Storm, and other similar seasons. I had a good time with it.

As for 3Z, I don't think they want to commit to anything. MMPR sold well enough for them to continue, but there's no guarantee that fans will snatch up Zeo, or In Space, or Time Force, or RPM, etc. Saying they'd do 10 seasons is something not even Hasbro effectively pulled off (hence my many lonely sets of incomplete teams they abandoned).

As a casual viewer, I think everything goes through highs and lows in their attempts to maintain relevancy. The last season I watched was "Beast Morphers" and, honestly, it's right at home with MMPR, Ninja Storm, and other similar seasons. I had a good time with it.

As for 3Z, I don't think they want to commit to anything. MMPR sold well enough for them to continue, but there's no guarantee that fans will snatch up Zeo, or In Space, or Time Force, or RPM, etc. Saying they'd do 10 seasons is something not even Hasbro effectively pulled off (hence my many lonely sets of incomplete teams they abandoned).
Agreed.

Although Hasbro is a different beast...pun intended. I think just looking at the struggling sales, increased their prices beyond what fans are willing to pay for all their brands. It was a TERRIBLE management move by them. They thought fans would simply roll over.

I have not and will never buy a 25 dollar Marvel Legends. My limit was 19.99 plus the awful tax. They played a game and got people fired, yes the economy also, but the price was not something people wanted to pay. When I heard Hasbro 3 years ago talking about increasing prices to increase profits, I saw the fans reaction, then you had Disney doing their agenda push, fans simply moved on rather than pay the extra 5 dollars. That's a 20 plus percent increase.....at least on most figures.

I honestly think there is no saving power rangers. I think they alienated fans...similar to Star Wars, I just don't see fans coming back. There is no NEW audience as media is too divided to ever have a cult following again. Just my 2 cents.

I simply want 3Z to tell us a plan. After Zeo, is there a plan for another series of figs. I think we were all shocked when they announced Zeo as they have been quiet.

When it comes to popularity and lastability......

I also think there is some psychology in play. People tend to forget CGI more so that practical effects and same with CGI generated characters/backgrounds.

So people are no remembering vividly action scenes. Nothing lasts the test of time if we were extrapolate the idea that CGI is forgettable. Hence modern CGI Megazords and Morphing sequences are not at memorable as the past.

Their is psychology to nostalgia. Things simply have to be real. I wonder if there is a similar affect with modern theme music happening. Haven't seen any psychological studies or data on this yet.

All 4 are up for PO on GianToy:

https://giantoy.com/collections/pre...-action-figure-a-b-c-d?variant=40327905607743
You might need to be signed into your account to see it.
What I notice is these look very similar to 3Z in terms of material and it almost has a metallic look which is nice. These might as well be 3Z figs at this point. Obviously we need to see them in hand, but I mean hard to screw up Spandex, helmet, and weapons....As long as the clothes are not baggy, this should be an easy slam dunk.

Ordered Tommy because he's Tommy....but Jason will always be the best Ranger.

Jason Rules Tommy drools.:bat2:

I po'ed the soo soo toys zeo gold and black dino ranger figures just in case threezero doesn't make them. More jason and tommy figures ftw. I will need more proper stands for these figures though.

So for those who have bought soo soo toys figures before: How do they compare to say a threezero figure?

Last edited:
Back