1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ThreeZero will need a clear idea of what team to do next, especially if they want to continue selling them as teams.
Time for everyone's favorite Mighty dance Battle Fever! :lol

7tgy2j.gif

6aj096.gif

Judo and karate dance elements?

6aj0hp.gif

LOL was that a Disco Dagger to the head?:horror
6ba2g2.gif

6aj14h.gif

Can't imagine why this didn't get adapted for a western audience.
Although he's pretty badass!

6aj0yl.gif
6av67l.gif

Culture shmulture somewhere in south west europe, who can tell the difference. Although Gypsy Kings spanish-franc-xpats, so it's legit!
He should have kept his Zorro/Flamenco hat on when in Battle mode with sword! :lol

6aj26b.gif

Elektra has got nothing on a traditional sai wielding cossack! I guess the hammer & sickle as weapons would have been to on the nose.

So a team whose premise is built on 70s Disco craze dance/battle moves, and they didn't include a Brazilian doing Capoeira!?
He should have been the surprise 6th green/gold ranger?
6al01x.gif

Really, that's where you're putting the "entrance"?
6aja35.gif

Oddly in the vein of Supaidāman a co-production of Toei Company and Marvel Comics?
Imagine if they could cross over today!:wink1:

Last edited:
I've seen photos more often of Lord Drakkon and he looks amazing.

Still curious why they changed the placement of the helmet jewel though.

I've seen photos more often of Lord Drakkon and he looks amazing.

Still curious why they changed the placement of the helmet jewel though.
Drakkon just hit my pile of loot.

I am mildly disappointed that the jewel is a tad too high, but I think that's just maybe the reference material being inconsistent.
Sometimes the jewel is just right above his visor.
mighty-morphin-11-lord-drakkon-feature.jpg

The one JDF wore for the promo was pretty far down his helmet.

Other times it's further up.
787374862a5f18049fe4e78b172828e0.jpg

It's not 100% perfect, but the finished version leans more towards some versions I've seen.
83ae849d-a67b-4399-8dd3-c8f68946761c.jpg

I've noticed that ThreeZero have announced some new GI Joe figures (Roadblock and Firefly). For the past 2 years, the Power Rangers announcements have followed the GI Joe announcements quite closely, so I'm optimistic that we might see some new ThreeZero Power Rangers stuff soon.

Drakkon just hit my pile of loot.

I am mildly disappointed that the jewel is a tad too high, but I think that's just maybe the reference material being inconsistent.
Sometimes the jewel is just right above his visor.
Spoiler Spoiler:

The one JDF wore for the promo was pretty far down his helmet.

Other times it's further up.
Spoiler Spoiler:

It's not 100% perfect, but the finished version leans more towards some versions I've seen.
Spoiler Spoiler:
He also hit my Pile of Loot! I wasn't expecting him this quickly. I may have to ship my Pile of Loot soon with him and White Ranger.

I agree, it seems like the jewel placement and size of it changes quite often in the source material. I think it just seems so off for me coming from ThreeZero because, with their Transformers line, they're down to the absolute detail of the design.

Once I have him next to the other Rangers, I don't think it'll bother me as much.

He also hit my Pile of Loot! I wasn't expecting him this quickly. I may have to ship my Pile of Loot soon with him and White Ranger.

I agree, it seems like the jewel placement and size of it changes quite often in the source material. I think it just seems so off for me coming from ThreeZero because, with their Transformers line, they're down to the absolute detail of the design.

Once I have him next to the other Rangers, I don't think it'll bother me as much.
With only Ranger Slayer on the horizon, any predictions on who gets announced next? The line seems to have done very well for itself, and while I doubt we’ll get something like a Dino Thunder White, Time Force Pink, or Magna Defender anytime soon, I wouldn’t be surprised by a Zeo Gold or Lord Zedd to spice things up.

I’m kinda surprised they haven’t announced a Dragon Shield Black Ranger. Simply for the fact that it’s an easy variant of an existing figure and they did the Dragon Shield Red Ranger.

With only Ranger Slayer on the horizon, any predictions on who gets announced next? The line seems to have done very well for itself, and while I doubt we’ll get something like a Dino Thunder White, Time Force Pink, or Magna Defender anytime soon, I wouldn’t be surprised by a Zeo Gold or Lord Zedd to spice things up.
I can't see ThreeZero NOT doing Lord Zedd. If they're willing to do Lord Drakkon and Ranger Slayer, I imagine that North America is their target market.
I’m kinda surprised they haven’t announced a Dragon Shield Black Ranger. Simply for the fact that it’s an easy variant of an existing figure and they did the Dragon Shield Red Ranger.
Armored Black Ranger might not sell well enough to justify it. Tamashii Nations had an Armored Black Ranger S.H.Figuarts that I believe started off as an exclusive and Bluefin had so many leftover product for years after.

Armored Black Ranger might not sell well enough to justify it. Tamashii Nations had an Armored Black Ranger S.H.Figuarts that I believe started off as an exclusive and Bluefin had so many leftover product for years after.
While the option is there for variants, I think being selective is important. These are $100+ figures, not $20 Hasbro line-stuffers. Hasbro’s churning out stuff like color-swapped Rangers, cel-shaded paint variants, one-off special episode versions, etc. They’re often very impulse-purchase driven.

Armored Jason mostly worked because he’s JASON, the central leader, and he had the armor for several episodes. Zack had it as a one-off. It would make as much sense as a version of Adam wearing the Defender Vest.

I’m sure there’s some demand, but focusing on new characters will get more mileage at this scale than slight cosmetic tweaks.

…Though I myself might cave to a Green Ranger V2 figure.

While the option is there for variants, I think being selective is important. These are $100+ figures, not $20 Hasbro line-stuffers. Hasbro’s churning out stuff like color-swapped Rangers, cel-shaded paint variants, one-off special episode versions, etc. They’re often very impulse-purchase driven.

Armored Jason mostly worked because he’s JASON, the central leader, and he had the armor for several episodes. Zack had it as a one-off. It would make as much sense as a version of Adam wearing the Defender Vest.

I’m sure there’s some demand, but focusing on new characters will get more mileage at this scale than slight cosmetic tweaks.

…Though I myself might cave to a Green Ranger V2 figure.
Armoured Black Ranger would probably work as a PX Previews where they only make a limited amount of the figure.

I wouldn't mind seeing these at some point:
1649360647856.png

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers six pack box set is on the way. :)
They arrived safe and sound. And now, i also ordered Threezero White Ranger (my favorite :D) and Lord Drakkon. I wonder Why these two were absent on Sideshow site. I had to get them from BBTS. They are still on the pile of loot with Mafex Black Costume Superman.

Did you make those bases yourself? They look awesome.
Thank you! Sort of. I designed them and had a third party base manufacturer print them up for me.
I later found our that he stole my designs and started selling them to everyone, so they are available now if you want to get yourself a set.

Last edited:
Back