1:6 Taarna from Heavy Metal discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone did this it would be Phicen, not HT.

Unless shes wearing an Iron Man outfit.

It's like falling through a black hole and finding myself in primary school. Kudos to the OP for remaining civil.

Re: Hot Toys Taarna from Heavy Metal discussion

I may start a thread titled "Hot Toys DX15 jal76 Figure..." anything is possible...

IDK, I'd have to see prototype pics before I'd commit.

Re: Hot Toys Taarna from Heavy Metal discussion

Hot Toys, since the title of this thread caught your attention I would also like to suggest a Mr. Roper and Jack Tripper two pack.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ah but they're not superheroes. A better example would have been John Ritter's Captain Avenger from Hero At Large. While it's not famous enough for Hot Toys, it's one of the best superhero movies. Like if Frank Capra made a movie about a cosplayer becoming a comic book hero and what happens when he disappoints the public.

The movie didn't do too well. My attorney and John Ritter had a mutual friend so I sent a fan letter that it was a great movie and would have done better if not placed in hard to find theatres. Ritter sent me many Captain Avenger autographed photos and he appreciated the letter.

Wow!! I had forgotten all about that movie. Haven't seen it since I was a young'n.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's like falling through a black hole and finding myself in primary school. Kudos to the OP for remaining civil.

Sure. It's meant to be fun. Taarna is being brought back in comics in September and it's a safe bet a movie. I don't mind starting the ball rolling now in Hot Toys mind. Also is Taarna very popular in Japan and China? That alone could get it made.

Also isn't Taarna now owned by the creator of teenage mutant ninja turtles?

Taarna premium statue at SDCC Sideshow booth. That shows rights are available. I'd rather see Hot Toys than Phicen make this.

Executive Replicas today announced a Heavy Metal line beginning with Taarna.

This is a great idea as long as it looks like the animation. Add the Barbarian leader and dioramas from Taarna.

But the most important quality to it's success will be the sculpting. The Phicen face sculptors have been disappointing to say the least. You need to get Hot Toys level of accuracy for this to work.

But the most important quality to it's success will be the sculpting. The Phicen face sculptors have been disappointing to say the least. You need to get Hot Toys level of accuracy for this to work.

I'm looking forward to see what comes out of this line. However, I don't agree with the last line...Hot Toys is really well known for their great human likenesses. I don't think you need quite that level of detail for an animation character, and the few animation characters HT has done always looked a little odd to me. TBLeague/Phicen does a pretty lousy job when it comes to trying to make an accurate human likeness, but their generic female sculpts are really nicely done.

I meant I'd rather see Phicen sculpt the Taarna animation face than use one of their generic faces for the 1/6.

Maybe Phicen will show a work in progress?

15442178_1403794989654111_1676917067881110370_n.jpg I always picture my ideal Taarna figure looking like this from Luis Royo

Not Hot Toys, and not 1/6......but wherever the original poster is I hope he's seen this and is excited:

8bee8c38-7b2d-49a5-b2f7-4bbfbc917030.jpg

Back