1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My K arrived today pretty much out of nowhere. In hand I'm quite glad I did not cancel my order, which I was seriously tempted to do after how many QC issues I had with my Deckard. I mean, I am STILL waiting for some replacement parts from KG. I picked my Deckard up a couple weeks ago and his boots were completely stuck to the stand, and then I picked him up again a few days ago and noticed that one of his shirt pockets had only been sewn on halfway and was about to completely fall off :slap.

I do think K is a definite step up from Deckard in almost every respect, but I think both figures eventually could really benefit from a body swap. K especially suffers from too-long arms and a sunken-in collar bone area. Does anyone know if just the standard neck socket thing would fit inside these necks on the head sculpts? I'm not familiar with bodies that have the same neck connection that is on these bodies.

Yeah the narrow shoulder body they used has always been an odd one with it's weird proportions and incompatible joints. Which is why I stopped buying it for my customs long ago.

I might carve out forehead and jaw line a little bit later, but looks pretty good.

SuperMad_K_001.jpg
SuperMad_K_003.jpg
SuperMad_K_002.jpg
SuperMad_K_004.jpg

Really nice shots there, kyekye.

Update on the Odicoat. I'm in a pretty warm/humid area right now but the jacket got stuck together at the spot where the lapel magnets are. I'm thinking the product does need to be sealed in some way. It still looks good overall but I may try washing it to see if I can start over in some way.

Anyhow, just want to express caution about the approach for now. I'll update further as I experiment a bit more.

Forgive me if this has been covered before. I just received this figure, but he is missing his shoulder holster. Did he originally come with one or no? Can anyone suggest a good replacement? Not sure if this gun will need a bigger pocket in the holster area.

Forgive me if this has been covered before. I just received this figure, but he is missing his shoulder holster. Did he originally come with one or no? Can anyone suggest a good replacement? Not sure if this gun will need a bigger pocket in the holster area.

Try to take everything out of the box, and check the place you unpacked it. I once lost Frodo's sting like that, and when discovered it in between the inner box parts. Sometimes when it is shipping things move inside quite strangely.

31 days since I paid for this......still no sign. Maybe this week!

And now more than one comment about missing holsters has got me concerned.

31 days since I paid for this......still no sign. Maybe this week!

And now more than one comment about missing holsters has gone concerned.

Yeah, that has me concerned too. The fact that its in a baggy makes it easy to fall out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely get in touch with KG about the missing holster if you bought from there. My Deckard was missing his whiskey bottle and instead had two of the glasses.

Same situation here no update on tracking since 8/1 when it was delivered to hk post. Paid for it mid July with the crazy high shipping cost too...

Thanks everyone, I did contact KG about this.

And for those of you that have waited a long time for something to ship, just recently I waited 2.5 months for an $800 figure and I know your pain

Good luck everyone. Ive been waiting since March to get my replacement parts for Deckard. Probably a dozen total emails exchanged back and forth and still waiting.

They did not respond to the missing holster message yet, but several week ago when they sent me the message about Speedpost and another $30 to get this figure, I gave them a second shipping address due to Covid, and they still screwed up the address. Its actually a miracle this package ever found me. It was sent to Manhattan and I requested Brooklyn.

Back