1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today.
A good figure with a few issues. I believe the head is a bit too wide and the arms too long. Doesn?t help that the feet are small.
Next to my modded black box K I?m unfortunately a bit disappointed that this one isn?t remarkably better. In some areas it?s not as good. Black box boots are superior and the tailoring of the fur lining is too since the fur isn?t stitched on the SM. The SM coat is slimmer and has the more accurate fur though - which is good.
I think I?ll mix and match the two figures and see what it comes out to. I?ll probably use the SM coat, shirt and pants and the BB boots and suspenders. Not sure which head I?ll be using on this yet.
All this said the figure is definitely worth the price.
2a2f72acb101b24ff341d980c2d86c9f.jpg

72746a97b5d0a1eca4a67d019e271de2.jpg

They did not respond to the missing holster message yet, but several week ago when they sent me the message about Speedpost and another $30 to get this figure, I gave them a second shipping address due to Covid, and they still screwed up the address. Its actually a miracle this package ever found me. It was sent to Manhattan and I requested Brooklyn.

I finally got a response from KG, stating they will ask supermad about replacement parts.
I don't expect this to happen any time soon, the last time I encountered a problem with them
it took 5 months for them to resolve it (broken plume on helmet from TBLeague's Great Alexander).
Inform us when you have any news here, I will do the same.

Hey guys! Could anybody please confirm if this body is bigger than the one that comes with the SMT figure?
Found it on ebay as “narrow shoulder 4.0
I plan to use the Jnix sculpt, and after reading a few pages, it seems the SMT body is too smal, right? So is this one a bit bigger?
0C1A37C5-1EAE-4035-A234-09AD85CE01A6.jpeg

I guess there's a slow plane and a fast plane.. i have a power ranger, ordered from KG with the same shipping method arriving very soon that wasn't shipped until the 15th... yet K is still doing loops around the globe XD
000shipping.jpg

Mine arrived, and it's very good, no complaints.

Right, now to replace that body because his arms are way too long. Anyone already swapped this out and can recommend a cost effective replacement? Thanks!

Just when i thought he was lost in the post land he arrives! The paint apps on the sculpts are very clean, really like the wet look blood effect. his arms do feel quite long but the proportions seem ok in photos, especially sideways...
DSC_0671.jpg

Just to let you know guys, my online tracking never said that it moved from Hong Kong either, then it just appeared at my door. I wouldn't put much faith in that tracking being up to date.

Finally some movement on this for me. Just got to Los Angeles after no updates for 24 days. Expected delivery date is Saturday.

Back