1/6 Starz Spartacus: Blood & Sand/War of the Damned

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This request is bit more serious then my Harold & Kumar request lol; I really think there is a market to be had with these. The gladiator and Roman armor used on the show is simply amazing and regardless if your a fan of the show itself, it should garner enough interest /attention from casual onlookers (check out war of the damned screen caps to see armor).

I would personally buy Spartacus (Andy or Liam), Crixus, Gannicus, and Julius Caesar (for the Roman armor and gear and to have a 1/6 scale of ****ing Julius ****in Caesar)

I understand the side characters may not sell well to non fans but a license Spartacus would probably sell very well regardless. There could be three versions released 1) Arena Version (season 1) 2) Outlaw (season 2) 3) General/Bringer of Rain (Season 3-my personal favorite battle armor). Crixus may be another character that would sell well because like spartacus he is pretty well known as a historical figure in that war.

Please make it happen--- current rumors suggest that the show runners will be doing a Caesar (same character in spartacus) show after Spartacus ends this year so this world will remain in peoples lives enough to justify producing them even at series end.

Already done by CMToys - they have done both Spartacus and Crixus. Spartacus in training outfit and his "God of War" armor.

gladiator_a_2.preview.jpg

Those are non licensed ones aren't they? The head sculpts could be better with sideshow/hot toys quality. That doesnt look like Manu Bennett to me at all.

The armor has changed alot as well. War of the damned armor blows that older garb away. Also its not exactly a replica of what crixus wore on the show. I have seen the aci Spartacus ones as well but they don't cut the mustard for me. Actual licensed products possible?

Last edited:
You're not on a roll.

First "stoner" figures and now gladiator figures.

What's next?

1:6 celebrity chef figures?

How about 1:6 figures based on NBC late night & news personalities?

;) :p

Lol what's wrong with gladiator figures? Are they any more ridiculous then super hero figures or alien marines lol. Don't get me wrong I collect superhero figures too I just don't get where u draw the line for what is reasonable/rediculous. Which figures do u collect anyway??

how do gladiator figures equate to chefs and news casters?? You must not like the genre and that's OK but its not anymore ridiculous then terminators or many of the other licenses that currently exist in the format.

Leonidas and Perseus are the only figures so far in this genre. Leonidas is one my favorite figures too. Spartacus in his war of the damned gear would look very good.

Also My Harold and Kumar request was more of a joke but based on some of the other request (uhm Britney spears/twilight) on this board it wasn't that bad.

For god sake, with all the fantasy figures currentlg in the market would it really hurt to have a gladiator line that is actually based on real life historical characters.

Last edited:
Lol what's wrong with gladiator figures? Are they any more ridiculous then super hero figures or alien marines lol. Which figures do u collect anyway?? Terminators?? Ya thats way more reasonable.My Harold and Kumar request was more of a joke but based on some of the other request (uhm Britney spears/twilight) it wasn't that bad

For god sake, with all the fantasy figures currentlg in the market would it really hurt to have a gladiator line that is actually based on real life historical characters.

To right ! I love spartacus and dont collect 1/6 anymore but this could start me up again.
I think there would be plenty of interest in this.

I think most of understand your enthusiasm, but . . .

Gladiator figures in general are a niche and KAUSTIC PLASTIK and a few others have address the interest in gladiator figures with a few releases using likenesses collectors are familiar with; however, the cost & effort of going after a license such a SPARTACUS, etc. is prohibitive let alone no guarantee to absolutely sell let alone justify a production run short of you alone guaranteeing to buy the entire production by paying up front.

I'm not bursting your bubble, but then again I am.

Would it be nice to see officially licensed SPARTACUS figures? Sure . . . for those who would actually buy such figures, but given the dynamics within the hobby you're better off assembling your own with what's currently available and being satisfied with a sense of accomplishment as a hobbyist.

It doesn't need have an officially licensed stamp on it.

Again, I understand your enthusiasm; however, after seeing so many "Would this make a great license?" threads here and elsewhere over the years of which I admit I started a few myself . . . I understand the "futility" & "irrelevancy".

It's not like any company is going to absolutely listen to one or many customers and go out and get a license just because a few customers say so.

When it comes to licensing . . . it's very fickle and it's all about timing & trends and whether a company is willing to make a gamble on it provided it'll pay off for them, but you/we as collectors/customers can't make any guarantees on our end because the end produce could very suck @$$ or we'll be the cheap@$$es we are and pass it on due to price.

I just think given sideshow and hot toys current library of fantasy figures these gladiators would open up a whole new customer base that they have been missing. Not to mention the current customer who would buy these if they were available. Why shouldn't they get the sales that aci is getting for their generic figures. They obviously sell or they wouldn't keep making them. They have 3 versions of Spartacus now!!! You think anyone would be buying those generics if hot toys and sideshow released quality licensed Spartacus products. Just saying in general if there is a market for these fantasy figures there will definately be one for the gladiators and even the romans such as Caesar and crassus

Also a starz Spartacus license won't cost nearly as much as terminator, avengers, batman etc.. the license fee varies. Lower licensing fee allows for a buffer even if they don't sell in as much volume as avengers figures. The cost of any license is based on the popularity/attributes of the product. They don't all just cost the same amount.

In fact you could argue to the contrary. That a Spartacus release could result in more net profit per sale then avengers due to the lower licensing fee cost and thus lower Fixed Cost. Manufacturing cost are a whole different ballgame and none of us are privy to that info (so we can only speculate). I guess it may cost more for Spartacus if they use metal but they wear less and just have swords/shields as accessories. It would seem making say Hawkeye or ironman would cost them just as much in direct materials and direct labor.

Last edited:
I don't understand why Gladiator-type figures should be considered 'niche'. The primary reason I never bought any was because I wanted officially licensed movie-based ones made by Hot Toys and not a lesser company making half-decent figures with generic heads. I would say that is probably true of most people who don't have any gladiators in their collections. With what Hot Toys is capable of I'd bet even people who had no prior interest could get excited about a line of these guys once they saw a finished figure. Happens all the time.

Who is on so many people's wishlists for figures? Maximus from Gladiator. Spartacus figures would appeal to those same people aswell :dunno

Well the powers that be obviously believe they are niche. At least you have ignite which are nice gear but crap bodies, kaustic plastic, cmtoys and aci doing some nice affordable stuff and the odd customiser like spencer who does a nice custom final battle maximus.

Seriously I'd love licenced figures but you never see them for small cable shows. No dexter which has a huge following for example. No bsg figures either. And these are just regular guys in clothes so pretty easy.

Grab the cmtoys, crixus is really nice I'm person. my only criticism is the shield is undersized but the ignite ones are correctly sized. The cmtoys Spartacus can do with a head upgrade but plenty of heads around - armour of god version is great. Grab the aci general and Spencer's maximus and you'll have pretty good movie coverage. The other aci figures are not screen accurate. Plenty of Andy Whitfield sculpts out there.

Well the powers that be obviously believe they are niche. At least you have ignite which are nice gear but crap bodies, kaustic plastic, cmtoys and aci doing some nice affordable stuff and the odd customiser like spencer who does a nice custom final battle maximus.

Seriously I'd love licenced figures but you never see them for small cable shows. No dexter which has a huge following for example. No bsg figures either. And these are just regular guys in clothes so pretty easy.

Grab the cmtoys, crixus is really nice I'm person. my only criticism is the shield is undersized but the ignite ones are correctly sized. The cmtoys Spartacus can do with a head upgrade but plenty of heads around - armour of god version is great. Grab the aci general and Spencer's maximus and you'll have pretty good movie coverage. The other aci figures are not screen accurate. Plenty of Andy Whitfield sculpts out there.

I bought the ACI roman general figure but that figure is in a class of its on for the generic line!

Sadly, there is no truly fantastic Spartacus or Crixus and with close minded thinking it appears there never will be.

I bought the ACI roman general figure but that figure is in a class of its on for the generic line!

Sadly, there is no truly fantastic Spartacus or Crixus and with close minded thinking it appears there never will be.
--

With all due respect . . . you're coming off sounding that business/rick impracticality and/or disagreement/another point of view from other collectors equals close minded thinking. In reality . . . no 1:6 company produces 1:6 figures just to lose money over figures that don't sell.

WELL . . . depends on the company and the output . . . I may have to take that back. :p

Seriously though . . . from my perspective . . . it sounds like some posters here & elsewhere come off as is they have the absolute greatest idea/recommendation for a license/property/theme that would be a great in 1:6 and X company or companies should jump on it pronto and some disagree or have a different perspective then the poster either accepts it was a it w or gets bent out of shape about it.

As previously posted . . . I understand your enthusiasm and in no way I'm trying to stop it. The end result is that SPARTACUS is an impractical license (thus far) for a variety of reasons. I enjoy the series myself and I think it would make a good license, but the reality is that it's too niche in the same manner that I and some other collectors enjoy 1:6 female figures ranging from fantasy, military, & sci-fi themes because they are female figures? Do you see the correlation.

There is no need for a "sour grapes" attitude/response.

IF & WHEN a 1:6 company actually secures a license or produces new gladiator figures based on/inspired by the current roster of characters in SPARTACUS, then by all means post your excitement & joy because I'm sure others will chime in with you.

My "close minded" thinking comment was directed at the company not u. Also if you would like to see the figures why come up with a bunch of excuses why they can't be made or they shouldn't. I guess I don't understand why a collector would take a position based on financial feasibility and manufacturing cost as legitimate reasons why a figure shouldn't be made. What is there to gain by speculating about such things. That is the company's job to analyze since they are the ones that know the actual costs of manufacturing. The also have access to all sorts of customer market data and projected sales forecast to assist them in identifying potential "niche" product lines that we are not privy too.

If a figure is badass do u really care how much it cost sideshow to make?? All you should care about is how much they are charging you for it since that is the only thing that impacts you, the collector, directly.

Don't give sideshow excuses/reservations. If you want to see the figures just post that. All this thread is for is to request a license not argue about economic feasibility and manufacturing cost since we don't have access to that info. Its just hot air without the financial data. The only public information is the actual license fee cost and you have to do some digging just to find that information as well.

Not necessary for you to post the same thing again about niche and feasibility, I completely understand what your saying what I don't understand is your motivation for saying it.

Last edited:
I could sit here and blow sunshine up your *** about having a great idea, but I'm not your mother. As DFC says, companies base their product on likely demand and profitability. Existing products reduce potential demand. If you feel they companies are wrong don't waste time on a forum posting a licence interest. Start an interest thread and get a custom off the ground. Plenty of the best figures in my collection came about cos someone like spencer, elvis, dark artist, louie tran, Trevor grove, sunohc, and many others saw the interest and stepped up to make it happen.

I could sit here and blow sunshine up your *** about having a great idea, but I'm not your mother. As DFC says, companies base their product on likely demand and profitability. Existing products reduce potential demand. If you feel they companies are wrong don't waste time on a forum posting a licence interest. Start an interest thread and get a custom off the ground. Plenty of the best figures in my collection came about cos someone like spencer, elvis, dark artist, louie tran, Trevor grove, sunohc, and many others saw the interest and stepped up to make it happen.

First, I don't want u blowing anything in my assss. I don't know what kind of kinky **** ur into but u can leave me out of it.

Second, this is a license request section of the forum if u don't like it here get out! Why would i post a license request in the interest thread?? Did you happen to notice all the other license requests in this section?? Why the hell did u pick mine?? There are plenty other requests in this section u could have chosen to grace with your feasibility forecasts..

From now on I'll pm u first to get ur approval before posting and u can tell me if its feasible or not based on all that data u have!

Lastly, I never asserted that they were feasible to make I just simply asked how u were so sure they were not (without data). If u don't like a request just say that. Why go into all this market demand, manufacturing cost crap when you don't have enough information. No offemse but it makes you come off as ignorant. Hell u may very well be 100% right but without data to support oyur conclusions its a meaningless coincidence.

I think u missed the point of my post and this section of forum. Simply to request a damn license not argue with idiots about manufacturing cost, supply and demand, market saturation etc. Since we don't have access to enough data to actual render reasonable conclusions.
who needs financial data and facts when u can just make things up to suit your beliefs/opinions

Last edited:
Sorry for trying to help. I'll just enjoy my Spartacus figures while you throw your toys out of the pram. Someone will be along to change your diaper shortly.

Sorry for trying to help. I'll just enjoy my Spartacus figures while you throw your toys out of the pram. Someone will be along to change your diaper shortly.

Thanks but insulting me is not help. Now I know your motivation, u have a vested interest in a custom or other brand and u don't want to see a Spartacus license with better figures being released.

The fact that you own a Spartacus supports my original post that people, other than me, would purchase figures from this license.

All this hogwash has been about protecting your current investment in your Spartacus figures!!!

Sideshow and everyone else who has been patiently waiting doesn't give a rats *** about your vested interest.

By all means enjoy those figures you have, I'll continue waiting!! If it never happens so be it!

Last edited:
I've never sold a figure and I don't plan to. Maybe you should wait till you've been here more than 5 minutes before you make assumptions

Back