1/6 Star Ace - Underworld Evolution - Selene Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Star Ace - Underworld

agreed. i dont think we're looking for a bigger body. Yes, Beckinsale is small but she does have some curves especially with the corset on

she does have a fairly slim and almost teenage type body, she's very petite, i wouldn't call her a curvy woman.

i really do think the oversized head makes her body look too small though, thats the issue, her petite frame looks child-like when you have a cartoon head on top, which is how it looks.

seriously the thigh gap.

anyone who thinks the body is okay is nuts.

look at that ****ing gap. it's inhuman.

she does have a fairly slim and almost teenage type body, she's very petite, i wouldn't call her a curvy woman....

Didn't say she was a curvy woman, b/c she's not by any means. I said with the corset she has some curves...meaning that with the corset bringing in her waist, her hips are accentuated (IMO) to show more form or "curve" at her hips

No one wants her to be as curvy as black widow but she shld still look like a girl / petite woman, rather than a teenage boy / girl.

I think
1) fix that leg gap that is atrocious
2) change costume to latex see pic below of the same without corset
3) reduce bobble head sculpt
4) do a better paint job like you can see her in the movie screen shots. (Lips etc)

7ce5297c317bacc204dc3ed4df52d606.jpg

a1d11d10fcf832f9441deb8c2672f10c.jpg

e0339efeefbfad40d3cc3aecc880a932.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Comparison for y'all

1422.jpg

1419.jpg

1421.jpg 375797-162505-selene.jpg

My points from earlier post:

- Head needs resizing
- Hair needs to be longer
- New body, needs to be more filled out with slightly broader shoulders
- Glossy, latex looking cat suit
- Coat needs to be longer
- Boots could be a touch bigger
- Head sculpt needs a tweak here and there

:duff

Last edited:
1/6 Star Ace - Underworld

Id like to see a nude with the arms down, just to get a clear idea of build, but wont likely see that until its parted out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, I really don't see how you can judge any think from a bunch of crappy, grainy pictures!

Angles are just wrong, there's no definition...

... And remember that they said they'd try to have something to show for the con. So most likely, were in the very early stages of the prototype. So come on, cut them some slack and don't be such nitpickers.

So far they have a rather stunning record of producing good, reasonably priced figures, and they don't seem to have too much delay.

So how about a little trust here?

Those stick legs... :lol

I was debating getting this figure, but I think I'd live in fear of that outfit deteriorating. I'll see how the final product looks, I guess.

Shadows make the "thigh gap" appear larger than it is. Shiny latex isn't possible due to not being available in a material that would allow for poseability and would not deteriorate. Remember shooting the fim they sprayed her down before each take to get that shiny look. The pleather used for the body suit won't deteriorate.

The corset seems to have the wrong stitching. Looks like there needs to be more lines down the center. I'm confident they will fix it. I like the head sculpt. Though now I am noticing the larger head proportion to the body.

1/6 Star Ace - Underworld

Dark lord Dave definitely has a good point there . So that needs some thinking!

Not sure on others and it will be interesting to know but I have this phicen figure and it did not deteriorate one bit over years. (But again I am not a pose repose guy)
While phicen overall figure was nothing to talk home about, but they did achieve the latex look and feel to a great extent...
I think somewhere they (star ace) can find a balance to get that look and feel rather than a "track pants stitched tight" feel ... :(

My intent is to only get the best possible Selene considering we all waited for years for this. They did such a stellar job on the base (probably outwitted even hot toys and many other statue manufacturers by miles)
But no matter what - that thigh gap, outfit etc still bothers me and hope it's revisited!
I also think the corset is stitched to the under suite and is not a separate piece (or so it looks / appears) but may be I am wrong.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Comparison for y'all

View attachment 216151

View attachment 216152

View attachment 216153 View attachment 216150

My points from earlier post:

- Head needs resizing
- Hair needs to be longer
- New body, needs to be more filled out with slightly broader shoulders
- Glossy, latex looking cat suit
- Coat needs to be longer
- Boots could be a touch bigger
- Head sculpt needs a tweak here and there

:duff

I agree with all these points. I also think there should be a separate portrait with pale skin and ice blue eyes. And I would like to see what it will look like with real hair. That said, if this is what Star Ace ends up producing I may pick up the HS or a parted out piece or two, but use all the various bashing bits that I have from elsewhere to put together a hybrid.

Shadows make the "thigh gap" appear larger than it is. Shiny latex isn't possible due to not being available in a material that would allow for poseability and would not deteriorate. Remember shooting the fim they sprayed her down before each take to get that shiny look. The pleather used for the body suit won't deteriorate.

Pleather won't deteriorate?

Ehhh.... Not too sure about that. Faux leather peels and cracks all the time, whether it's furniture, clothing, etc...

I gotta say, I need the shiny catsuit for this figure. Otherwise it just looks like a random biker chick. Selene needs that suit, it's a major part of making her, her.

Couldn't they use thin black patent leather?

Guys, I really don't see how you can judge any think from a bunch of crappy, grainy pictures!

... And remember that they said they'd try to have something to show for the con. So most likely, were in the very early stages of the prototype. So come on, cut them some slack and don't be such nitpickers.

So far they have a rather stunning record of producing good, reasonably priced figures, and they don't seem to have too much delay.

People just want to tear something apart, that's all. :lol
Give them time.

Just pointing out areas for improvement. We are the ones spending our money on these figures after all.
And to be fair, the pictures are good enough to make a decent assessment of what the figure is like currently.

I would like to agree with 16K about this being a prototype, but truth be told, you just never know.

Just go over to the Star Ace Harry Potter thread; and take a look peoples reactions to some of their newest editions. :wink1:

I have faith in them, but as a self described Underworld expert I just thought I'd offer some thoughts. This is strictly contructive friendly advice, I love what Star Ace is doing.

The corset seems to have the wrong stitching. Looks like there needs to be more lines down the center. I'm confident they will fix it. I like the head sculpt. Though now I am noticing the larger head proportion to the body.

The corset material on the prototype is too stretchy and doesn't hold the design impression well. That will be addressed.

Also about the body- this is a static body
- the female adult body is still under development. But will probably have slightly different proportions.

The corset material on the prototype is too stretchy and doesn't hold the design impression well. That will be addressed.

Also about the body- this is a static body
- the female adult body is still under development. But will probably have slightly different proportions.

Thanks Dave, appreciate the updates.

Back