1/6 Star Ace - Underworld Evolution - Selene Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Star Ace - Underworld

The sculpt is very pretty, but I don't know how much Beckinsale I'm seeing here. The body is also too skinny. It looks to be a very nice figure regardless though. The paint looks pretty good from what I can tell. The outfit, along with the accessories, also look good. I do agree that a second blue eyed vamp sculpt would have been appropriate for this release. Looking forward to more pics. :)

TBH they need resize head abit, the rest already perfect

Ok, I finally got to see it on a full size monitor and here are my thoughts. Keep in mind this is coming from likely the biggest fan of the franchise you'll ever meet.

The good: The sculpt for the most part is great, the accessories and base are awesome, and the sculpted hair was a very good decision.

The needs improvement: Selene's mouth is weird, it should be smaller? and have crackly lipstick. Also she has to have her latex top and bottom of her costume. It's as much a part of Selene as anything. Finally, she should have a alternate vamp head with blue eyes. I think I can speak for most here and say that we would pay an increased price to get the extra head sculpt.

The bad: Nothing. I think with a few tweaks it will be an amazing figure. Hats off to Star Ace.

Obviously I'm going to buy multiples regardless of tweaks or not. But I know this franchise like no other and I think if the above things are addressed than it will be a perfect representation of Kate Beckinsale's Selene.

Do we think the lip details can achieve the crackly look without looking a hag? Kate has naturally full lips but purses them often in Underworld, im not sure this will translate well to a small plastic form. Argh i dont know :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we think the lip details can achieve the crackly look without looking a hag? Kate has naturally full lips but purses them often in Underworld, im not sure this will translate well to a small plastic form. Argh i dont know :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be done quite easily. It has to be very subtle...almost do a slight dry brushing.
Underworld-Evolution-Selene-Cute-Face.jpg

I'm pretty disappointed in the outfit. Hopefully this is just a super early sample/prototype and they eventually give us something that looks more like latex. Imagine getting a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman figure where the suit was this spandex looking material instead of latex. This is just as bad IMO.

^^^ agreed! It's such a shame that even if this is a prototype why can't it be near about what it shld be! This has several issues : sculpt size, fabric, the whole body is like an Ellen Page doll. The section above her thigh is like a wooden wedge covered with fabric. They really really need to fix a lot of issues for this to not have frowns when people open their boxes....

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

dat thigh gap.

i don't even care if they don't change the sculpt... but please... the body.

The more I look at it now, the more flaws I'm finding. :ohbfrank:

- Head needs resizing
- Hair needs to be longer
- New body, needs to be more filled out with slightly broader shoulders
- Glossy, latex looking cat suit
- Coat needs to be longer
- Boots could be a touch bigger
- Head sculpt needs a tweak here and there

Yeah, call me picky... :lol

I will reserve faith in you Star Ace :pray:

^^^ agreed! It's such a shame that even if this is a prototype why can't it be near about what it shld be! This has several issues : sculpt size, fabric, the whole body is like an Ellen Page doll. The section above her thigh is like a wooden wedge covered with fabric. They really really need to fix a lot of issues for this to not have frowns when people open their boxes....

I agree for the most part. I've made a custom Selene and know the suit and the differences between the suits worn in each movie and this definitely needs some work on it. Sculpt size however is going to be big on the proto b/c it will shrink during production. With that said, I've got faith in Star Ace :pray:

Obviously a more filled out body would be completely wrong for Beckinsale or Selene. The suit is based on Evolution and the costume details are appropriate to that film. Believe me the developers of this figure have looked at the source material as closely as possible.

It really is refreshing to be at the show and hear the overwhelming praise for this and all the figures. It makes coming here a little easier to take (but not much).

hey we all want to love it, theres seems to be a lot of interest in her. But theres no denying her huge head.

1/6 Star Ace - Underworld

I think everyone wants to love it! But it's clearly lacking! If it was just one thing I would hope it will be fixed. I doubt they will revisit the body, the fabric and the sculpt.
But if they don't they will lose a lot of customers! In today's time when hot toys is near perfect on most departments (yes they do miss from time to time but not in all areas like sculpt, fabric and body) - it would be a big mistake not to take this to the drawing board and fix a whole lot of things!

To me personally a body change will solve 75 pct of the problem. That is not a body - a 200/300 dollar figure shld have!
If they don't change the body the issue is this costume won't fit on any other body by phicen or others! That 100 dollar figure from phicen and other boot leggers (barring the sculpt and base) beats this on all counts!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Obviously a more filled out body would be completely wrong for Beckinsale or Selene. The suit is based on Evolution and the costume details are appropriate to that film. Believe me the developers of this figure have looked at the source material as closely as possible.

It really is refreshing to be at the show and hear the overwhelming praise for this and all the figures. It makes coming here a little easier to take (but not much).

Dave, but the outfit isn't right. Can you please ask them what happened to the shiny latex looking parts of her costume? It's as needed as anything else on this figure. This is the major issue I have. I hope Star Ace corrects this. By the way, my comments are only meant as constructive.

Here is a pic detailing what I'm talking about. The arms and legs aren't leather like her jacket and corset, it's clearly a rubbery latex material. Even Kate has said in interviews that it is a hard costume to get in and out of due to the material, and powder was used to help get it on and off.

kate-beckinsale-underworld-evolution.jpg

Last edited:
Back