1/6 Star Ace Toys - The Boys - Butcher & Homelander Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'll stick with SooSoo.

mUmYP6U.jpg

snd1lDg.jpg

Even with the SooSoo sculpt I just don't see the likness. Maybe it's those unsettling beady eyes but it just looks weird to me.
It's definitely off in a few areas. The area that screams out to me most is the mouth being too low. That large gap between the nose and mouth makes his smile extremely unnatural and muppet-like to me, as if he has no muscles in that part of his face. Moving it up would help a little (but I'm sure it's WAY too late for that now)

Moved up a bit:

279934597_10166046217320007_4833704730767514182_n.jpg

intro-1618527249.jpg

Even with the SooSoo sculpt I just don't see the likness. Maybe it's those unsettling beady eyes but it just looks weird to me.
It's not perfect but it's the best sculpt we'll get from any of these figures. Unless if you want to pay hundreds for a custom sculpt.

I'm happy enough with that sculpt and they're also including 2 other sculpts that they haven't shown the latest version of. Beats whatever the hell that Star Ace version is.

GslFGqM.png

Last edited:
It's definitely off in a few areas. The area that screams out to me most is the mouth being too low. That large gap between the nose and mouth makes his smile extremely unnatural and muppet-like to me, as if he has no muscles in that part of his face. Moving it up would help a little (but I'm sure it's WAY too late for that now)

Moved up a bit:

View attachment 580341
View attachment 580342
Yeah, nah, it's definitely the eyes.

jeez this thing looks awful. Not just the paint but the loss of detail in the sculpt from casting plus that huge gap at the back of the head. I used to be a fan of the SA Harry Potter figures, but there quality has just constantly gone down hill with each new release. Can't believe they're charging $300 for this.

It's not perfect but it's the best sculpt we'll get from any of these figures. Unless if you want to pay hundreds for a custom sculpt.

I'm happy enough with that sculpt and they're also including 2 other sculpts that they haven't shown the latest version of. Beats whatever the hell that Star Ace version is.
You just got my hype back up for this release. Love everything he comes with!

Wow. I normally lean on the side of "easily impressed" but this is just embarrassing. I liked the Star Ace proto sculpts for Butcher and Homelander so I was gonna go with their versions at least for the heads, but at this rate that Butcher is gonna look like ****. Guess SooSoo is the way to go after all.

The people that wanted to get this over the Soosoo version were already setting themselves up for a massive disappointment, sure that sculpt isn't accurate but it will be nicely produced, with Star Ace you can count on one hand the number of sculpts they've put out that are passable at best but they've been on a downward spiral for years, I guess the thing is nobody could've predicted the final product would be this BAD like it's absolute garbage, I haven't seen something this bad in years even the Asmus Ash which a lot of people hated can be salvaged is some way or another, this is just beyond saving, I'm even seeing people reporting that the cape comes dirty, this is next level bad and it's shocking to me that Star Ace are still in business, if we were to find out this brand is just a front to launder money I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:
Agreed with RRX I have no stakes in this figure but it's shocking that they can charge $160+ for trash.

I really feel for the sculptor who's work is really good, the company have screwed his work.
This thing is $300 too :lol

It’s not even a downgrade, it’s an actual scam. I’m sure they’ll lose this license just like they lost HP, surely someone at Amazon sees this somehow.

Agreed with RRX I have no stakes in this figure but it's shocking that they can charge $160+ for trash.

I really feel for the sculptor who's work is really good, the company have screwed his work.
If only it was $160 :lol

The SooSoo version is $160, which is a great price. This on the other hand? Straight up high way robbery that they're getting away with. Let this company die.
ToIheLj.png

It's bad, but it isn't as bad as the pictures hinted to. Still awfully bad, though.

The smiling head looks pretty good in Justin’s video, I think I’ll try to get that for the SooSoo version. Unless SooSoo improves their sculpts significantly, I think I’m happiest with the Star Ace likeness compared to all the other sculpts out there.

The smiling head looks pretty good in Justin’s video, I think I’ll try to get that for the SooSoo version. Unless SooSoo improves their sculpts significantly, I think I’m happiest with the Star Ace likeness compared to all the other sculpts out there.
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I really can't see what looks good about that sculpt.

1654276101606.png

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I really can't see what looks good about that sculpt.

View attachment 581024
Lmao yeah there is nothing good about that. Straight up looks like it comes from a $25 wax figure.

Imagine paying $300 for that. :ohbfrank: Meanwhile SooSoo is putting out quality headsculpts for $150.

D3ODME0.png

Last edited:
Back