1/6 Space marines.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my armor in the post! Thanks Dorgy!!!!! :1-1:
I can't believe how tiny that noggin is. Unfortunately I'm leaving town tonight for awhile and won't get to play dollies for a few weeks. What a horrible thing to get in the mail knowing full well there's nothing I can do with it but think of ideas for when I get back. :impatient:
Beautiful work Ron, these pieces are amazing!

Hi All

Thanks heaps again guys and I have completed him so here are a few pics until tomorrow when I get better outdoor pics. Mark you should be able to get the laurels from any good craft shop.

So until tomorrow guys enjoy the pics and I'll have a full recipe on what I used as well.

Ron

Picture007.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Ron...simply stunning mate! The choice of colour scheme is growing on me the more I look at it. Love that almost steampunk look you've got going there with the muted colours. You've definitely set the bar for the rest of us with this...

Soooo cool Ron and I love it!!!!

breakersrevenge you will love Sebs Chaos marine its sooooo good... and please take pics in its new home :)

Really great to see more appearing

that looks fantastic Ron. I've got my bit's also and I'm beavering away. Just waiting for one part to arrive and I'll soon be up and running

Beautiful work, loving the colour scheme also :)

Hey Guys

Thanks for all the feedback on him and I'll have my usual pics up around lunch time today.

And big guy I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up were I got the 9TH LEGION from well done buddy and great movie.

Ron

Hey Guys

Here it is enjoy.

After I received my armour from a good mate and put it together I didn't want to do one of the normal chapters that are out there and after watching the movie EAGLE I decided to go with the 9TH LEGION.

I thought that a Roman/Marine style armour would be a great way to go, and also giving the armour a more rustic colour scheme it would add more to the feel and look of Roman armour. After the armour was all put together it was painted and weathered using Vallejo, GW paints and pastels.

RECIPE
Armour - The armour and grenades are all resin and needed just minor sanding to get it to fit correctly. The tubing is from other figures and kits from the bits box, the right shoulder armour design was built up using plasti-card and laurel stickers and a 28mm shield.

The helmet, chest plate, right/left knee guard and left leg have had laurel stickers and parts from some LOTR action figures also 28mm shields and 1/6th badges used. The chest straps are 1/6th modern day belts cut and glued into place, the waist belt is from the Hasbro Jango figure.

The front and back skirts are pieces of old hanky and the leather strips have been cut and glued inplace and the studs are 1/6 buttons. The studs all over the suit are also 1/6 and the purity seals are again strips of old hanky and the seals themselves are putty with three 1/6 buckles and the other is again putty with a 1/72 idle wheel pushed into it.

9a1.jpg

9a2.jpg

9a3.jpg

9a5.jpg

9a6.jpg

9a7.jpg

9a8.jpg

Ron WOW mate and what a piece you have too. I can see others following this unique style you went with and deservedly so.
Well done mate on an amazing piece.

Maybe next one should be a Praetorian Guard type?? With an Roman Attic style SM helmet ;)

As for the 9th Legion too easy mate lol Both "The Centurion" and "The EAGLE" do an interesting tale of the 9th Legion.

Guys I feel a numpty asking this but what body are you lot using for the SM armour to fit?

I have dremelled the armour and still don`t get a good fit with the thigh armour and it`s really pliable now lol
So I`m going to order a slim body and then kick back onto this project. Annoyed as hell as I want to dry fit everything before commencing on it and all mods needed for the Black Templar battle worn character I`m doing.

I used ACI bodies which are identical to a standard TT. You will have to dremel the the thigh armour alot then pop it in boiling water then push it up the leg with the bodysuit on. That's what i did anyway.

Oh 1 more thing with the thigh armour, the front and back tend to be alot thicker than the sides so make sure you dremel them good n proper and just check by using your thumb and finger to see how thick they still are.

Yeah the thigh armour is on my list of remakes it's such a pain... Cbob is so right but u can also can also dremel down the thighs on the body it's self

Back