1/6 Space marines.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to see the Marine with some paint on Wanderer !
And PermaG , I started work on an Orc Boss a while back , I'll be returning to it at some point . :wink1:

Some inspiration for your guys. Which I am pretty sure most of you have seen anyway. :)
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJU5kUj6Puo[/ame]
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsvCLG1QZjs[/ame]
I would love to try to make my own version of a Dreadnought, I just dont have the space. :thud:
In time...

And 255 pages later...
seems it is just as with the statues...
I am a year or so too late. :thud:

:clap

Regardless, I see more than marine now and more people doing others. Cant wait to see some more orks and eventually terminators and such. :pray:

Thought I'd share a pic of the jump-pack . Still a lot to do , but I've started with some engines and the basic shape . For a "simple" shape , it was deceptively difficult , as getting it to look good from all sides was a bit tricky and getting the engines in the right position was harder than it looks !

P.s . Sorry about the small photo , Photobucket is being a REAL pain in the *** !:gah:

Thought I'd share a pic of the jump-pack . Still a lot to do , but I've started with some engines and the basic shape . For a "simple" shape , it was deceptively difficult , as getting it to look good from all sides was a bit tricky and getting the engines in the right position was harder than it looks !

P.s . Sorry about the small photo , Photobucket is being a REAL pain in the *** !:gah:

Wow very nice :clap

Nice job :) Makes you wonder how Dorgs bashes these backpacks out within an evening!

Well they take him longer than that lol but he is still a machine and damn fast.

The fabrication is taking me longer than it usually would for a couple of reasons . First off is the design , like I said above , it's deceptively difficult to turn reference pics of the miniature pieces into 3D items using flat sheets .Which brings me to the second reason , the material I'm using is more ABS plastic than styrene . It's thicker than the usual styrene sheet I'd use and therefore has to be cut with my Dremmel ( Minicraft really , but I call it my "Dremmel" out of habit !) and is more laborious to clean up . It also makes a hell of a mess and therefore I'm relegated to the back garden while I work ! It needs to be cemented with super-glue rather than styrene which also slows the process down ( ironically ) . It's this material that I plan on using for my Landspeeder , so I hope to get some work done over the next couple of days , while I have some time off work . I think that if I don't get some parts cut out before the weekend , this project will have to wait until NEXT summer . :(
Aah well , at least I've got the materials to carry on with Boss Bludknut , so I can at least crack on with him !:yess:

It took me weeks to do all the bits i done on the original kit before sending them to Dorgs plus a further 4 months for dorgs to do his bits, make the molds and have full sets cast.

Not really an update as I haven't done much but it's a nice pic :)

null_zps01223c96.jpg

Last edited:
Bit more done to the waist; adding some wire details. Also added a cannon to his chest.

null_zps89883266.jpg

null_zpsd13cc24a.jpg

null_zps8bafab90.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great Wanderer ! Your build is acting as an incentive to get back to work with my 1/6 projects , as the last few months have been pretty 1/6 free , as work and other things haven't left me much time . But I'm getting there ! :wink1:

Not much progress but an idea where each figure is going to stand when completed.
Waiting on a few bits to complete the mech arms and a replacement knee pad from Dorgs then it's onto the paintjob...

null_zps3fecb1b3.jpg

I've re-sprayed the Tech black as I always get a better final paint effect when I dry brush over it. I do miss the grey colour though...

null_zpsf7905ca2.jpg

Last edited:
Bought some metal bathroom shower piping and cut it to length for the upper mech arms. Worked out quite nicely giving it a Doc Oc vibe but was an utter ball ache to get right. Don't think I'll get much more girth to the arms but adding bits of detail here and there and wiring should help.

null_zps922bff41.jpg

Test fitted everything and it holds up well. One issue is that the backpack is tremendously heavy so it is propped up by the back of the cabinet. Dorgmal has come up with a solution for me which Should be pretty cool though if I can get it right :)

Last edited:
Back