1/6 Space marines.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm good. I can be patient. Been searching the Internet for one, and it brought me here to this thread. Currently reading page by page and taking in all the awesome. Only on page 160 now.

Yeah, from reading, they are scaled down with a shrunken head. Dunno how to shrink the heads down. I'm still reading. Love y'all's work! Would love to do my own marine one day. Surprised no one else sells kits to make them.

Well i wasn't doing casting at the time so i left it to Mark (Dorgmal snow) after we finished making the original set. Mark has also gone back and redone various new parts since as well.

It costs a lot of money to make the molds so i'm not inclined to make them now.

The only other original set to me made is via 3D printing by EFFalcon which you can see a few pages back.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's probably one of the greatest custom projects ever made when you consider the group participation that took/taken place. What other custom project can boast such a thing?
The community spirit alone is like an oasis on this forum! :p

right... sorry for being such a slack trousered wet nurse... not been on here for a while too many threads to update and so little time.. you know the score:(.. and a massive sorry for not getting back to folks pm's.. I will do my best to check in more often.... Wanderer....That is looking chuffin amazing!!!!!!!!! and I can not wait to see the updates...

so not much to show from be I am afraid... only my Templar rework...

Still need to weather the helmet in...

1170689_345116558956265_1627633946_n.jpg

543146_345116435622944_35936438_n.jpg

1157724_345115752289679_2048879084_n.jpg

right... sorry for being such a slack trousered wet nurse... not been on here for a while too many threads to update and so little time.. you know the score:(.. and a massive sorry for not getting back to folks pm's.. I will do my best to check in more often.... Wanderer....That is looking chuffin amazing!!!!!!!!! and I can not wait to see the updates...

so not much to show from be I am afraid... only my Templar rework...

Still need to weather the helmet in...

1170689_345116558956265_1627633946_n.jpg

543146_345116435622944_35936438_n.jpg

1157724_345115752289679_2048879084_n.jpg

The king is in the hizzle! Ha
Cheers mate - yeah my tech marine looks awesome...coz you did all the work on it! :p
That Templar is possibly the best yet. Love that colour scheme. Bit of leather strapping here and there would be superb..

Progress pics..

Decided to mount a gun pod on the top of the backpack. It'll have full rotation. Just need to raid my old Zoid toys to arm it up.

I've decided other than the power axe, this guy will be all about close quarter fighting as opposed to my other guy who is pure artillery. They'll make good counter points.

null_zpsd5423e42.jpg

One of the lower power arms. Haven't beefed them up yet. Bionicles are superb!

null_zpsce5f5b23.jpg

One of the upper arms. Used an old McFarlane Spawn figure for the claw. All poseable and very cool looking :)

null_zps3cf84c7f.jpg

Finally, the Servitor Skull. Used the tail of the Spawn figure which I think gives it a pretty cool look.

null_zpsb9326965.jpg

null_zps324faaff.jpg

It's all WIP but the basic design is all coming together. Still a long long way to go though.

Last edited:
It's gonna look friggin cool when it's finished :)

Thanks mate. It's an exciting project even just brainstorming ideas :D

Strangely, it'll resemble a scorpion with the 8 arms and the gun 'tail' arching over the head

Edit: on that note, snapped an extender on to the gun platform to give it a bit more length

null_zpsb385b433.jpg

I'll see tomo what it looks like with the weapons mounted up

Last edited:
One of the things about building these Marines is deciding what to do and what NOT to do ! My Blood Angel went through about half a dozen "looks" before I was happy with the direction he ended up taking . That's why I took a break from my Ultramarine , I was beginning to get a little "snowblind" and lose sight of what I wanted to do . My concept with him was to build a nice clean "rookie" and then add ( weathering/weapons/damage/insignia )to him when the feeling took me . This way , he "evolved" organically , as his battle experience grew . This threads beginning to get me fired up again and it'll be soon time to jump back in ! ( Quite literally , as I'm planning on a jump-pack and maybe even a Landspeeder !! ) :wink1:
P.s . And Wanderer , your Techmarine's looking fantastic , by the way .:clap
P.P.s . Someone earlier in the thread was enquiring about how to shrink down heads for a Marine project . One idea is to look for a good headsculpt from a wrestler figure as there are some great sculpts and the scale looks pretty good as well !

Glad ur getting the taste again TG :) I went through that after I completed my Guardian Marine. Felt quite jaded after all the effort I put in. After some time though and getting my hands on this bad boy, it's really fired me up :)
Hopefully we can kick start things properly again.

I agree about the thought process behind these Marines btw. I'm very lucky as Dorgmal built the majority of the Tech from the ground up so all I'm doing is adding little design elements to bring it in line with my existing figures. I generally have an idea of where I'm going though, I feel it's important to have a plan but I also let things evolve organically along the way. Ideas get ditched, new ideas form... It's a very rewarding custom project doing these figures :D

Last edited:
Awesome work. :panic:
Only seen a few pages.

Do they even have 1/4 (maybe even PF) statue of warhammer stuff out there? Only stuff I have found are the small Sideshow pieces from years back and then just large actual game pieces.

Now to go through +250 pages of warhammr stuff. :wink1:

up to page 89. (170)
Maybe I am not there yet, but any thoughts on going beyond space marines? Find some creatures to bash and get some orks? Would kill to see Chaos terminator and a Dreadnaught.

:drool

Last edited:
Back