1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely, pretty much one of my most wanted. SSC said at a SDCC panel two years ago they would definitely be finishing them but a lot has happened between then and now. I see Zuckuss from Mediacom come up every now and then but holding out for SSC to do it.

Bossk with exclusive snarling face is still one of my favorite SW figures I have. I like IG too but his arms are a bit floppy and he doesn't hold his weapons very convincingly. He is standing more to the rear of the shelf looking over everyone.

I almost got the Medi 4-LOM droid hunter but then I saw a few pics that showed just how undersized it really is compared to SSC figs and decided against it. The Hasbro one - with a little work - can look pretty decent and is correct scale. Hasbro Zuckuss is so good you almost wouldn't need a SSC one, maybe for a more accurate gun. Only issue is the pleather is going on all those (can be fixed with paint though.)

And yeah - I've found SSC IG to be a bit of a "set and forget" fig. SSC went all-out on the articulation (probably too much) but the joints don't seem to endure much reposing before starting to feel a touch loose. Also, don't extend/unextend the legs too much as it scratches the weathering paint, and be very careful of the tiny pegs that hold the weapons in place in the hand grippers - they aren't quite properly positioned so they are too tight and can break.

The display cabinet is Finally ready, and here is Bossk!

0145c8ac9683c69350614eea3acfb2c2.jpg
6a5c10a334bab87d6c7e043c8143314f.jpg

Crappy iphone pics and not really a great pose(man its hard to get him to hold that gun!

Nice clean display, Aliaz. Bossk looks great. One of my favourites.

Thank you. Had a bit of trouble changing the heads, but I guess I just gotta pull a bit harder.

Will try for a kneeling pose later since I suspect I will need that top shelf for the speeder bike.

You know I never noticed how bad the arms, wrists, shins and ankles looked before now. Why did they add shading on the ankles and wrists like that. You're supposed to try and hide joints, not accentuate them. Looks horrible.

Bossk is like a black car...he looks better in the dark.

Neat pose though Aliaz! :)

You know I never noticed how bad the arms, wrists, shins and ankles looked before now. Why did they add shading on the ankles and wrists like that. You're supposed to try and hide joints, not accentuate them. Looks horrible.

Its not as noticeable in hand but I see what you mean. Wish they had used the same texture on the arms and legs that they used on the head. However he looks quite odd in ESB too.

Thank you. Reposed him again in a standing position, thats pose was mostly a test to see if I could fit him on the middle shelf of my cabinet.

The figure's quite a departure from the on-screen Bossk so maybe that jointed look was part of the "action-y" EU take. The real Bossk has those stiff arms and tree trunk legs that don't lend themselves to any articulation. This Bossk has actual wrists and ankles, with shading to prove it.

These changes stopped me from buying the SSC Bossk (the wrists in particular were so wrong for the onscreen character,) but I can see what they were going for, kind of inspired by that Unleashed Bossk Hasbro did maybe ten years ago.

Hiya. Had the same issue with the hand, but the gun has a small peg with a corresponding hole which really helps!

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it seems the wrist peg on the hand with the hole is a bit small, and it only works on the left hand, so the hole and the Gun peg cant align.

Is there a good way to hold a smallish wrist peg in place?

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it seems the wrist peg on the hand with the hole is a bit small, and it only works on the left hand, so the hole and the Gun peg cant align.

Is there a good way to hold a smallish wrist peg in place?
You should be able to replace the wrist peg with one that works, no? Can't say for sure as I don't have this figure.

Ah that's right, these aren't the normal style. I've used small clear rubber bands to tighten up or fill in joints on 3 3/4" figures. Good since it's not permanent. Something like that could work, but there're probably some better options.

The display cabinet is Finally ready, and here is Bossk!

0145c8ac9683c69350614eea3acfb2c2.jpg
6a5c10a334bab87d6c7e043c8143314f.jpg

Crappy iphone pics and not really a great pose(man its hard to get him to hold that gun!

If you switch the right hand to the slightly more curved hand, the "thumb" spike sits in the trigger area pretty convincingly and then the other hand holds up against the front handle. It took me a bit but you can get a more convincing position where it looks like he could actually fire it. Even how you have it here though is better than what the actual movie position of the gun is which is basically pinched into his armpit because the costume gloves are pretty much non-functional.

If you switch the right hand to the slightly more curved hand, the "thumb" spike sits in the trigger area pretty convincingly and then the other hand holds up against the front handle. It took me a bit but you can get a more convincing position where it looks like he could actually fire it. Even how you have it here though is better than what the actual movie position of the gun is which is basically pinched into his armpit because the costume gloves are pretty much non-functional.

Thx for the tip! Ive tried that but the wrist peg on the curved hand is a bit small so it slides out . Will try to fix it during the weekend.

Back