1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skin color looks decent there, but all the colors seem pretty washed out in that video. Suit almost doesn't seem yellow in some shots - more like a beige. Maybe it's my screen.

Great Video Svnmelter! Good choice of background, no lingering on the box, multiple angles and poses, good shots on the accessories, and short and to the point. :clap

Skin color looks decent there, but all the colors seem pretty washed out in that video. Suit almost doesn't seem yellow in some shots - more like a beige. Maybe it's my screen.

I watched it on my laptop which has a really good monitor, it didn't look beige to me, it looks like a faded yellow.
The suit is definitely lighter than the first version, but I think it looks more accurate.

I tried my best to boost the colors to look as seen in hand. My camera doesn't capture colors the best unfortunately.

Great Video Svnmelter! Good choice of background, no lingering on the box, multiple angles and poses, good shots on the accessories, and short and to the point. :clap

I watched it on my laptop which has a really good monitor, it didn't look beige to me, it looks like a faded yellow.
The suit is definitely lighter than the first version, but I think it looks more accurate.

Thank you :)

Im seriously consider to get this Bossk to display with my coming Hot Toys Boba Fett Deluxe and Slave 1 Lego set (love him in Clone Wars). But seeing all the photos and reviews here have to give up that intention, everything is fine with him except that way too dark skin color.

Im seriously consider to get this Bossk to display with my coming Hot Toys Boba Fett Deluxe and Slave 1 Lego set (love him in Clone Wars). But seeing all the photos and reviews here have to give up that intention, everything is fine with him except that way too dark skin color.

It comes down to a common problem with Sideshow's paint apps - they tend to nearly always overdo the final washes, making things darker or thicker than they should be. Many of the details on the Luke Snowspeeder fig (most notably the gloves and boots) are too dark and my v.1 IG-88 had a wash that was so thick it seized up a few of the joints. The Sideshow R2 also had a too-thick weathering wash that came close to ruining the metallic look of the dome.

But washes aside, even their skintones on some of their more recent human figs have been too dark - many said that Luke and Han Hoth almost looked Eskimo, and I'd argue my TOD Indy is a shade or two too dark.

Judging from a few pics where people have complained that the wash on Bossk was uneven (there's a leg pic someone posted that has little or less wash) my guess is that the dark brown-green wash that was applied over the more mustard-tan base color wasn't thinned enough so adhered to the middle of scales instead of just filling the crevices as was probably intended, darkening the overall look of the figure.

Taking previous figures (like R2) as example, it's possible that using rubbing alcohol might gently remove some of the dark brown wash from the raised scales, and just leaving it in crevices as intended, lightening the look of the figure.

It comes down to a common problem with Sideshow's paint apps - they tend to nearly always overdo the final washes, making things darker or thicker than they should be. Many of the details on the Luke Snowspeeder fig (most notably the gloves and boots) are too dark and my v.1 IG-88 had a wash that was so thick it seized up a few of the joints. The Sideshow R2 also had a too-thick weathering wash that came close to ruining the metallic look of the dome.

But washes aside, even their skintones on some of their more recent human figs have been too dark - many said that Luke and Han Hoth almost looked Eskimo, and I'd argue my TOD Indy is a shade or two too dark.

Judging from a few pics where people have complained that the wash on Bossk was uneven (there's a leg pic someone posted that has little or less wash) my guess is that the dark brown-green wash that was applied over the more mustard-tan base color wasn't thinned enough so adhered to the middle of scales instead of just filling the crevices as was probably intended, darkening the overall look of the figure.

Taking previous figures (like R2) as example, it's possible that using rubbing alcohol might gently remove some of the dark brown wash from the raised scales, and just leaving it in crevices as intended, lightening the look of the figure.

Yeah Bossk supposed to be a yellowish humanoid reptile.. this v2 of SS just wayyyy too dark green. V1 on the other hand just too light!

From my opinion, this one has the best color mixed for Bossk (combination of dark green +yellow/orange)
KOTO_BOUNTY_BOSSK.jpg

Just got my Bossk today, and it is an awesome figure!
Other than the pant's legs riding too high, which I intend to fix now, I have absolutely no complaints.

Awesome pic, Darkness. I believe you may be the single-handedly propping up Sideshow's sales.:lol

It may just be the pose, but the v.2 Bossk seems a little taller than v.1 - curious if they tweaked the body or if it is the same as v.1.

How are people lowering the bottom of the pants/bandolier?

This fig is absolutely great btw, true his skin is too dark, but everything else is awesome. The best Sideshow fig I've bought in a long time.

Snagged $20 extra RP's from Spook so far towards this guy.:yess:

Hoping to accumulate about $50 in RP's by the end of Spook and I'll be happy to pay $160 for Bossk after RP's.

Which is... about what the first release Bossk was... but included an extra headsculpt.:gah::rotfl

Excellent.:clap

Toy Anxiety just confirmed they will not be getting this Bossk fig due it being a SSC-only product - so for those hoping to buy the new parted out head, looks like it's a no-go.

Interestingly, they won't be getting the new Dengar fig either.

Back