1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great conversation in here. I'm actually not planning on displaying figures in the speeder either. It's going to be Sandtroopers or Tusken Raiders or the droids with maybe Ben standing by -- probably rotate things out.

Not saying anything should be reworked here, but I do think in general cushions in 1/6 vehicles should be molded to be somewhat sunken in and lived in on things that aren't meant to be brand spanking new, an in-between look if you well. If someone is serious about putting their figures in they can customize the figures a bit too.

I think even if I got a HT cockpit I wouldn't put figures in it.

I agree on the molding, if anything they could provide swap out seats with no indentation and then a sunken in cushion.

Wow, I can't believe I'm basically alone in planning to display this with figs in it.:lol

That's a cool painting - never seen that one before.

I don't know everyone on this site, but I feel like you have one of the larger 1/6 SW collections on here lol, with figures to spare. I'm sure if I was in on this I'd mix up the displays with sometimes having figures and sometimes not. I'm getting the Jazzinc Falcon Cargo hold and doing the same thing there basically going to have it set aside from my detolf and then mix figures in and out of it.

Man I'd freakin love to have a Biggs figure as well. I always thought it was kinda funny how Lucas gave the coolest costume in the movie to a character who barely even appears in it. :D

I don't know everyone on this site, but I feel like you have one of the larger 1/6 SW collections on here lol, with figures to spare. I'm sure if I was in on this I'd mix up the displays with sometimes having figures and sometimes not. I'm getting the Jazzinc Falcon Cargo hold and doing the same thing there basically going to have it set aside from my detolf and then mix figures in and out of it.

I can relate to this. I keep thinking "oh I want this diorama environment, and this one, oh and that one". Then I remember they are all for the same figure I only have one of ha ha.

Talibane....can you please, pretty please with sugar on top, stop finding such flipping awesome reference images :pray:
This thing is never gonna get finished :slap :lol

Started to cast the parts thinking everything was sorted (only done 6 so no biggy)
Image 000.jpg

I will have a look at what's possible over the weekend, not promising this far along, but leave it with me :idea

PS, I'm on Gonk duty this weekend chaps so may find a bit of time.

Talibane....can you please, pretty please with sugar on top, stop finding such flipping awesome reference images :pray:
This thing is never gonna get finished :slap :lol

Started to cast the parts thinking everything was sorted (only done 6 so no biggy)
View attachment 483732

I will have a look at what's possible over the weekend, not promising this far along, but leave it with me :idea

PS, I'm on Gonk duty this weekend chaps so may find a bit of time.

:rotfl

I actually didn't even notice that rail when I posted that pic - I posted it because the angles showed how good it was looking overall!:lol

As I mentioned, if it's worth fixing it looks like a small rail could be added to slot in without altering anything existing. As I mentioned earlier, I assumed everyone would be having figs sitting in this so you'd never see it, but I was clearly wrong on that.

Honestly I don't really think it's worth making any alterations at this point. Especially since you've already put more than enough work into this.

I feel kinda bad now for even pointing it out. :p

Got to agree with Dave.

Also, someone else mentioned it - but that overhead shot looks like the seats on the on-set prop, have simply slipped down. The prop on display has the lower (black) portion jutted up again the top piece to give the illusion it's a one piece seat.

Personally, I think it looks odd having the coloured "bar" exposed; a continuous seat looks much better.

But that's just me...

Last edited:
Got to agree with Dave.

Also, someone else mentioned it - but that overhead shot looks like the seats on the on-set prop, have simply slipped down. The prop on display has the lower (black) portion jutted up again the top piece to give the illusion it's a one piece seat.

Personally, I think it looks odd having the coloured "bar" exposed; a continuous seat looks much better.

But that's just me...

It's 100% definitely not slipped-down seats because it's like that in the Tunisia version seen a few pages back and it's also like that in the California high-speed driving version seen in the 1976 pic (months after production) just below. It's faint due to shadow but you can see the bar curving inward and just in front of the line of the seat, and the bar going across the seats in this pic:

lz7K0hS.jpg

It's even (very faintly) visible onscreen. It's what the seat and headrests were fixed to. It's a structural member of the vehicle - there's the big perimeter oval, then a cross member that the seats were affixed to.

hppRmFS.jpg

This is one of the first pics from pre-production and it's there too:

VUfzU3u.png

Even in iconic promotional pics you can (again, very faintly) see a pinkish-rust line running just below the headrest:

i3p5nha.png

All Jason would need to do to achieve that look ( if he chooses to do it? ) is remove the head rests & the part between them, & set them back about 3mm, as he already has the bar space.
c8ae1e88f3deec3d3a596f0cdae8fc48.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

It's 100% definitely not slipped-down seats because it's like that in the Tunisia version seen a few pages back and it's also like that in the California high-speed driving version seen in the 1976 pic (months after production) just below. It's faint due to shadow but you can see the bar curving inward and just in front of the line of the seat, and the bar going across the seats in this pic:

lz7K0hS.jpg

It's even (very faintly) visible onscreen. It's what the seat and headrests were fixed to. It's a structural member of the vehicle - there's the big perimeter oval, then a cross member that the seats were affixed to.

hppRmFS.jpg

This is one of the first pics from pre-production and it's there too:

VUfzU3u.png

Even in iconic promotional pics you can (again, very faintly) see a pinkish-rust line running just below the headrest:

i3p5nha.png

Sorry, I was thinking you wanted a massive gap like that earlier photo (below) where there is a huge gap and you can see they have slipped down, particularly the one on the right.

All good!

Had that image been posted before? What a great reference. Very easy to see the proportions and details in that exposed panel area in front of the passenger on the deck.

Yeah, I scanned and posted that pic some time ago. I do wish the lighting/shadow wasn't so harsh in the pic though.

That is the California version, but it only varies from the two Tunisia landspeeders in the paint job (which is quite different - the nacelles have much more grey on the CA version) and interior controls.

Whether the California version is simply a redone version of the driveable Tunisia version I have no idea (the CA version was shot much later, after princiap photography) but the paint variation would suggest likely not. As far as I know, there were three landspeeders built: boom arm, Tunisia low speed driveable and the high speed driveable salt-flats CA version.

Very nice Jas!:clap

Sorry, I was thinking you wanted a massive gap like that earlier photo (below) where there is a huge gap and you can see they have slipped down, particularly the one on the right.

All good!

I think that is distortion caused by seeing part of that bar through the heavily curved windscreen that's giving that wider/fallen look and making the seats look asymmetric. I imagine looking through that windscreen would be like looking through Coke-bottle bottom glasses.:lol

Absolutely brilliant work Jas!
Been gone awhile from the board and just got caught up on everything. Simply amazing my friend.

Doing some test painting & weathering etc and just getting some other old builds and quick wins out the way before tackling the speeder.
I'm still full time at the hospital so bear with me chaps

Back