1/6 scale James Bond Lotus Esprit S1 scratchbuild (Complete)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marine Boy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a tiny bit of paint touch up still to do, but i had run out of Satin black and didn't want to waste the sunny weather. For anyone who wasn't following the build diary, it starts here:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/james-bond-original-creations.20953/page-418
lotus168.jpg

lotus170.jpg

lotus169.jpg

lotus171.jpg

lotus172.jpg

lotus173.jpg

lotus174.jpg

lotus175.jpg

lotus176.jpg

lotus177.jpg

lotus178.jpg

lotus179.jpg

lotus180.jpg

lotus181.jpg

lotus182.jpg

lotus183.jpg

lotus184.jpg

lotus185.jpg

Pop-up headlights are motorized.

lotus186.jpg

lotus187.jpg

lotus188.jpg

lotus189.jpg

lotus190.jpg

lotus191.jpg

lotus192.jpg

lotus193.jpg

lotus194.jpg

Cement guns are motorized as well.

lotus195.jpg

I even made a bonus accessory. I had to make the window glass removable just for this. I wanted to make the windows function, but there just wasn't enough room in the door because of the working door handles.

lotus196.jpg

More pics to follow when it gets darker, to show the lighting features.

Attachments

• lotus168.jpg
    lotus168.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Re: 1/6 scale James Bond Lotus Esprit S1 (Complete)

Beautiful! The first photo looks 1:1 and the last photo is hilarious. Well done on a fantastic project (crying I wish I had one).

Fantastic job, looks absolutely amazing. Congratulations a stunning piece.

Agreed, that first picture looks 1/1 scale. EPIC MASTERPIECE!

And it was so fun to follow this build from the beginning in late 2018. Incredible work and attention to detail.

I'm not sure if you have a collection of 1/6 vehicles -- if you do I must see it -- but what do you do with this Lotus now that it is finished?

Some shots at dusk. I also added the Giugiaro badges ahead of the doors, which i forgot to do. I still need to add Lotus badges on each wheel, but the ones i printed are fractionally too big.

The indicators come on automatically, when the steering is turned.

lotus197.jpg

lotus198.jpg

lotus199.jpg

lotus200.jpg

lotus201.jpg

Reversing lights come on automatically, when the car is pushed backwards.

lotus202.jpg

Horn push in the steering wheel works too.

lotus203.jpg

The interior light comes on when the doors are opened. The ashtray opens and pushing the gear lever, opens the front compartment. The choke lever, operates the cement guns, as in the movie.

lotus211.jpg

Battery bank is located in the engine cover.

lotus204.jpg

lotus205.jpg

lotus206.jpg

lotus207.jpg

lotus208.jpg

lotus209.jpg

lotus210.jpg

Thanks for all the kind comments. It's been a difficult build for sure. The last few days have been maddening, as once one thing is sorted, a new problem arises. I get the feeling this is what owning a real Esprit is like.

I'm not sure if you have a collection of 1/6 vehicles -- if you do I must see it -- but what do you do with this Lotus now that it is finished?

I have many 1/6 vehicles, the HT Batmobiles and DeLorean, the Blitzway Ecto-1, as well as many bikes and military vehicles. This is the first i have built from scratch though. I'm currently working on a Snowspeeder, which hopefully will be finished in a few weeks.

I've always liked the Esprit, long before i even got into 1/6 collecting. I don't actually know where to put it yet.

I must echo the others. When looking at the photos, I did think I was looking at the real thing . I didn’t own the Esprit but I used to drive the Elan.
I was scrolling down and took a while to realize I was looking at an incredible model.
It’s been a couple of years, but the time and effort have paid off.

It is an amazing looking machine. I really enjoyed looking over your photos.

Truly extraordinary work! Just unbelievable. This was one of the first corgi cars I ever got and have been pining for a larger more realistic one since I started 1/6. In some ways this is the grail for me and your efforts are really stunning.

looks real!

The Roger with the fish photo is epic, just too much fun there.

I hope it is burglar protected ;-)

Thank you for sharing

Absolutely magnificent work! I’ll reiterate what everyone has said: they look like 1:1 scale shots!

The Lotus has always been my favorite Bond car!

Ha! all that work and you put the steering wheel on the wrong side. Great job, looks 1:1.

Stellar job, great attention to detail, dedication for perfection.
Best custom job I 've seen so far.

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated!

This is so awesome! Great job!
Now you need 1/6 Anya Amasova Bond girl! :lol

I'm hoping Big Chief will release a trio of Bond, Anya and Jaws.

As it was another nice day, thought i would take a few more shots.

lotus213.jpg

lotus214.jpg

lotus215.jpg

lotus216.jpg

lotus217.jpg

The closest thing i have to Anya, is Verycool's Jenner figure. I've tried to recreate the Lotus publicity photo.

lotus218.jpg

lotus219.jpg

Where's our cars?

This is BS!!

lotus223.jpg

So not fair!

lotus220.jpg

Ever get the feeling somebody doesn't like you?

lotus221.jpg

lotus222.jpg

Back