1/6 Scale Blade Runner Spinner scratchbuild (Complete!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made the side panels, behind the doors. Next step is the roof and wheel covers.

spin016.jpg

Tis a thing of beauty lol can only imagine how good the end product will be!

Picked up a cheap picture viewer for a few bucks and will build the central screen around it. I'll wire some of the dash buttons into it, to scroll through the images. I did a few screen grabs for suitable pictures.

spin020.jpg

spin021.jpg

I had to modify the roof fin slightly, as the separation line was in the wrong place, compared to the full size car. The error is also on the Fujimi kit, which i was replicating.

spin022.jpg

Installing the floor.

spin023.jpg

Starting to attach the wheel domes.

spin024.jpg

I came from the future. This your pic from few weeks from now. :lol
Actually this is a production photo from the original set. This doesn't have wheels or door gimmicks - only light up function.
See - you're doing a man's job!

001 - ULiSUuj.jpg

Last edited:
Making the front wheel covers.

spin025.jpg

Temporarily taped into place. This is to determine the exact location of the domes.

spin026.jpg

Gluing the dome into place. I've reinforced the joint with lots of small squares of plasticard. Once the bodywork is complete, some of this area will be cut away to provide space for the wheel folding mechanism.

spin027.jpg

Domes attached. I made the front light assembly to aid in the construction of the bodywork.

spin028.jpg

Strips of 1mm plasticard were glued to the angled sides to form the curved panels. Followed by lots of filler to blend it all together. Once the basic shape is complete, i will add the panel lines and surface details.

spin029.jpg

Last edited:
Light housings made from water pipe.

spin033.jpg

All the filling and sanding on the front wheel fairings done. Time to add the surface details.

spin034.jpg

Back