1/6 s.a.f.s. M.a.k army

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..... but the army grows.........

SAFS-29.jpg

Wow. That's a lot of molds, and a lot of resin. This is going to be amazing project.

For ball joints, I recently casted up the parts of a HT ankle joint and with some sanding got the ball to fit back into the joint. It's extremely snug. FYI.

yeah I did that with the space marine foot... It was costing me a fortune just to buy those little ball joints

Cheers Sock... yeah to much going on for my wee brain :)...

but I can not wait to get a shot of primmer on one....

Shyam... how tough are they :)

Well I use a resin that is mega tough..... take one of your space marine bits.. and throw it on the floor... hard :) if it breaks I will send you a new part but it won't... this stuff is ace..I experimented with some other resin last week, it cast up lovely and was easy to use but when it cured it was bottle.. well it did not withstand my testing program andy way.. which is me being clumsy and knocking stuff over and standing on it :)..
ow and the USCM parts arrived Shyam.. thanks so much and that project is next for sure...

got to cast up the final 7th Safs body and thats me sorted ... I think :)

Started playing around with the parts today... they are gonna be so much fun to make...

SAFS-30.jpg

SAFS-31.jpg

Been playing around with some animation armature.. bleeding great stuff but wiped out the dollie funds... should be worth it though...

SAFS-35.jpg

SAFS-36.jpg

SAFS-37.jpg

Wow, it is looking good. Did you cast the resin hollow within? (not solid) That's quite amazing.

That's amazing skills. I can't figure out how roto did it, cos when you cast it hallow, won't the reproduction jam within the mold? I am impressed

yeah remoulding is a total nightmare :) I will take a pic of the mould and show you ... its a BIG mould bigger than my head and weighs as much as ma momma... and she's a biggon!!!

Right the animation armature is stunning... but way to expensive... :( so I have come up with a much cheaper option of using some animation wire instead....

It loos a little short at the mo.. but I need to figure out the joints... I am thinking of using either black latex gloves or some thicker black rubber gloves... my nurse has loads I can have!!! Matron!!

SAFS-38.jpg

SAFS-39.jpg

SAFS-40.jpg

Last edited:
All thats left to do is reproduce the hatch and its done... well the easy part is......

Used more wire to play around with Number Two.....

Also reworked the fingers to get a bit of expression in them..

SAFS-43.jpg

SAFS-42.jpg

SAFS-45.jpg

SAFS-41.jpg

SAFS-44.jpg

Back