1/6 s.a.f.s. M.a.k army

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorgmal Snow

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well... I have for long time wanted to make a Safs... I finally got one and I already want more :)

Hopefully I will make about 3 or 4... I also want to learn new weathering techniques and use an airbrush.... so excited but I know its gonna be slow going...

progress so far...

SAFS-1.jpg

SAFS-2.jpg

SAFS-3.jpg

SAFS-4.jpg

SAFS-5.jpg

SAFS-1.jpg

NO NO!!
the kit is quite old and I believe they only made two types of 1/6th MAK... there was an opening cockpit one but I am not to sure if it was in kit form... but it had lights and everything...

After waiting nearly four years to get one I am in no hurry to hack it to bits to start to reproduce it...... but idid any way :)

I want my SAFS to be as articulated as possible.. so that means a wee bit of work before I start...

I want the feet to be solid and good and heavy. I also want to see if I can replicate some ball joints instead of having to track down bionicles on ebay..

SAFS-8.jpg

the only part that I have reproduced so far.. id the little cooling fins at the back...

SAFS-7.jpg

Wow, your brave man. I cant wait to see what you come up with dude. Your work is nothing but fantastic Dorgmal.

Oh Dorgmal Snow, you are one lucky guy to get his hands one of these. I'll be watching this thread really closely knowing all the great custom work you do.

Woooow had no idea there was soooo much love for the SAFS :)... well I best get me backside in gear and get on with this project.......

Filled the shin and knee.. hope the milliput stick to the plastic.. its funny old tackle!!

SAFS-12.jpg

SAFS-13.jpg

hahahah I have only just started the project :)

haha we will have to see but I will try to help you out if I can my friend :).. but openly recasting and selling stuff is a wee bit naughty... and I don't want to get me of the boards in to trouble :) Very excited about this though

well the legs are filled and need a good thigh rubbing with some uber fine glass paper ...

SAFS-14.jpg

I am also working on my crouch area... I have basically got to fill it so that when its cat it will be SOLID..

SAFS-15.jpg

Back