1/6 Quantum Mechanix (QMx) Justified (Raylan Givens)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hats in those photos: same or different? I'm no cowboy hat expert, so it may only be the angle but they look different - I prefer the way the hat looks in the photo on the right myself.

Pretty sure he wore the exact same hat all the way through. I think it just looks a bit different from certain angles, and the brim wasn't always as clean and straight as it should be.

Yeah, I'd imagine Raylan (the character) only has one hat, but because of costuming and whatnot, they have multiples.

Hot damn. I would've bet against this ever getting made. Justified is way underappreciated. I agree, that costume wouldn't've been the one I chose. This is about as close as I've been able to find to the costume they chose (right down to the dotted tie-tack/clip) ...

MV5BNzMwODcwNDg0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQ2NjgwNQ@@._V1__SX640_SY720_.jpg

It's from Season 2, "Brother's Keeper". Though, still not exact. Plaid is hard to get right in this scale. Given the choice, I probably would've picked this ...

tumblr_o2g5ilzGD41s7xfipo5_400.gif

... from the finale. It includes the denim jacket ... which would make it pretty versatile. Either that, or something like this ...

Raylan_Season_5_modesto.jpg

Definitely include an overcoat, though. Still ... if they get the headsculpts, the hat, and the boots right, the costume is probably a fairly easy adjustment. Looks like two sculpts, which is a good thing. Even better if it comes with a loose hat.

Raylan and Boyd are on my shortlist of must-buy figures, if they ever got made. I'm in, with this costume or another.

So ... where can you pre-order QMX? BBTS?

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they just put their stuff up on their site. They seem to have been around for a while, in terms of geeky, niche stuff, so, they have the infrastructure down, but they're just now entering the 1/6th fold after their seeming success with the Firefly figure. I'd definitely be down for a Raylan and Boyd. Sons seemed to eat up a lot of the press for FX (to be fair, it was a great show), but I still think Justified was king. I agree about the tailoring, but, seeing that Brother's Keeper is the look they chose makes me smile. That way, anytime you look at your Detolf, you can hear Raylan's amazing prayer in your head.:lol

I thought Raylan's 'prayer' was from Season 1.

Maybe this, also from Season 2 ...?

c96e63fc638246aeb2802564ca75df8f.jpg

Shirt looks closer. Wrong color tie, though.

SnakeDoc

Costume choice complaints aside ... the detail on the boots is really impressive. I own a pair of Lucchese Ostrich Leg boots similar to Raylan's, and that's exactly the right pattern ...

QMXBoots.jpg

GY1027.73_AngleRight.jpg

That they went to the trouble to figure out the pattern for the exact right boot -- didn't even mistake it for croc or lizard or something more intuitive than ostrich leg -- makes me fairly confident in how good the overall costume will turn out.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Surprised to see this, show is underrated. If the sculpt is good I could see a lot of deadwood bashes being done.

Assuming this is the costume they go with ... any suggestions for where to buy alternatives? Denim jacket? Black 3/4 length overcoat? Henley? Darker jacket/shirt/tie?

SnakeDoc

Wow, this looks great so far. Just the other day I was thinking a Raylan figure would be great to have, hoped one of the unlicensed companies might take a shot at it... Official is even better.

Agreed about the clothing, but it shouldn't be hard to find alternate shirts and a jacket. This gives me hope for a Michael Westen figure someday.

Assuming this is the costume they go with ... any suggestions for where to buy alternatives? Denim jacket? Black 3/4 length overcoat? Henley? Darker jacket/shirt/tie?

SnakeDoc

I've looked everywhere for a good denim jacket for my custom, but haven't had much luck. Most of them are only made for female figures and would probably be too small for Raylan. I think I've seen some Henley shirts around on ebay though, and of course there's lots of jackets, shirts and ties out there to choose from.

I've looked everywhere for a good denim jacket for my custom, but haven't had much luck. Most of them are only made for female figures and would probably be too small for Raylan. I think I've seen some Henley shirts around on ebay though, and of course there's lots of jackets, shirts and ties out there to choose from.

This is the closest jacket I've seen ...

13920528_1768501593363278_6258624135826953949_o.jpg

Right model. Levi. Color's too dark.

Justified_620_010713.jpg

The SS Jack Burton also has one ...

JackBurton-CC-SDCC2016-02-1-1-336x448.jpg

Color's better ... but the sleeves are rolled, and I'm not sure they'd be right if you undid them.

SnakeDoc

Yeah those two do look pretty promising, especially the Gosling one. And I imagine it could probably be lightened up a bit with bleach just like a real denim jacket.

Why not ask QMx for the figure you want? Seems like a better avenue than supporting Redman's sales.

Why not ask QMx for the figure you want? Seems like a better avenue than supporting Redman's sales.

The SDCC version was incomplete, so it's difficult to tell what they're including. I'm not dissatisfied with the version they showed ... but it didn't even have a gun -- or paint on the headsculpts -- so I imagine there's going to be more than was shown.

At a minimum, I'd add a black, 3/4 length overcoat to it.

SnakeDoc

Back