1/6 Quantum Mechanix (QMx) Justified (Raylan Givens)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they sell painted heads or just unpainted? I'd love a Raylan figure but don't really feel like the hassle of finding a painter and waiting a year in line.

I think I might pick up one of those new heads as well. I actually bought the very first version when it came out, that was without the hat. And someone else did a run of badges later on, but I can't remember who. But I would definitely love to take another crack at this figure.

IMG_20200623_071626.jpg

I think I might pick up one of those new heads as well. I actually bought the very first version when it came out, that was without the hat. And someone else did a run of badges later on, but I can't remember who. But I would definitely love to take another crack at this figure.

View attachment 488295

Looking nice!

I got the same un-hatted head. Now I want the hatted version.

The only things that have proven impossible to find are the holster and badge clip so I assume people have just been cutting that out of some leather themselves?

I used Corrigan Holsters for mine (https://www.facebook.com/CorriganHolsters/), who did a great job. The one on Chris Donaldson's custom was by a guy called Gustavo Bautista Ponce (I found his Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/gustavo.bautistaponce - which has some amazing stuff on it).

Do they sell painted heads or just unpainted? I'd love a Raylan figure but don't really feel like the hassle of finding a painter and waiting a year in line.

They're all unpainted, but I'm sure they know some people. I just watched a few tutorials, picked up some new acrylics, busted out my airbrush and took a run at it myself. It was honestly one of the best parts of putting the figure together, for me.

I?ve splashed out for a whole bunch of outfits for Raylan and Boyd and will be customising aspects of them too. First up is a classic and personal favourite of mine- Raylan?s casual look from season 2, on his day off spent slipping Tim and dealing with the Bennetts-
The Denim Sandwich
5B1D8EC6-9F70-4277-B47C-9D809A52CC9E.jpg
57F26F5C-396A-40F0-AD05-C31B78C6558B.jpg
I made a lot of changes s to the jacket including hand stitching (I?m definitely no seamstress but it?s all passable at standard viewing distance,) correctly shaping and positioning the ?donut? buttons and button holes, adding the red Levi tab and almost managing to paint the logo onto that sweet 7x4mm(approx) piece of fabric and painting the whole jacket more accurately.
Everything else is currently as it came but I?ll be removing the pop-clips from the flannel shirt and placing the buttons on the correct side as I?ll only ever use this as an unbuttoned option. This is my first kit-bash and it really makes me wish there was a wider variety of 1:6 clothing out there.

Agreed. I’ve got a few other pairs and have my eyes on another set too. There’s so much trial and error to get the right fit, cut, detailing and colour. I’ve also had to shave down the base body a lot due to how many layers Raylan wears.

I absolutely love Justified and I feel like a reboot is a bad idea. I thought the ending was very satisfying.

I absolutely love Justified and I feel like a reboot is a bad idea. I thought the ending was very satisfying.
I think the ending of Justified was perhaps the most satisfying ending of any series...I LOVE THE SHOW. I am however looking forward to the upcoming limited run series. I don't view it as a reboot. I looks like they are taking another Elmore Leonard story that was very much in the vein of Justified and adapting it. Looks like the new series takes place 8 years after the first run. I hope somebody makes a figure......lol

Yeah I don't see the previous ending being hurt or ruined by this, given this is supposed to be a whole new story in a whole new setting.

I do think it would probably be best to leave Boyd out of it though, as tempting as it would be to bring him back. Since that story and relationship definitely ended in the best possible way and could never be topped.

Back