1/6 Premier Toys - The Warlord (Mad Max Immortan Joe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same thing happened here..
View attachment 580110

Maybe their system had a blip, and only recorded the other tracking stages later?

The last two entries appeared this morning:

CAN / Shipment departed from airport of origin country
2022-05-29 22:54

CAN / Hand over to airline.
2022-05-28 01:18

4PX / Item will be despatched; as advised by posting customer.
2022-05-26 19:20

ShaTian,DongGuan / Depart from facility to service provider.
2022-05-26 01:46

ShaTian,DongGuan / 4px picked up shipment.
2022-05-25 16:38

ShaTian,DongGuan / Shipment arrived at facility and measured.
2022-05-25 16:38

Parcel information received
2022-05-25 04:22

He's looking good there.

Just a matter of futzing with the hair, and the armour if possible so the pauldrons are closer to the shoulders.

vlcsnap-2022-05-30-15h15m11s049.jpg

The hair will probably hide that gap, as it did in the promo photos, because I don't think the armour can be pulled down much. It already looks close enough to the belt.

The mask sounds a bit precarious, in that it only stays in place by friction until the head moves.

I'd forgotten that the revolvers were diecast, and I don't think Premier ever mentioned that the mask was as well. Plastic might've gripped the face more tightly.

The boots look very good, and Joao mentioned they were split cut too.

vlcsnap-2022-05-30-15h16m17s179.jpg

And that hideously detailed back too!

vlcsnap-2022-05-30-15h16m30s786.jpg

Mask needs a repaint, and hair needs more futzing, but damn that looks really really great. May need a body swap also….he was a huge barrel chested guy

Not my pics but from the OSR group.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1653925896638.jpg
    FB_IMG_1653925896638.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1653925889137.jpg
    FB_IMG_1653925889137.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1653925881051.jpg
    FB_IMG_1653925881051.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 0
Mask needs a repaint, and hair needs more futzing, but **** that looks really really great. May need a body swap also….he was a huge barrel chested guy

I'd be happy to leave the mask as is, as it's close to the prop.

But it's one of those situations like Han's Hoth coat, where the filters used on film change the colours. In Joe's case, the colours were warmed up. I watched the film again recently but wasn't looking out for any colour changes by scene.

Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Immortan-Joe-Display-Mask.jpg

Its the teeth on the mask. They are just not painted well. The should be way more prominant, and a bit more yellow….

its the main feature of this character…his hallmark.

It just looks like a sloppy job, too dry brushed look. Needs a very solid paint, to define the teeth well.

3EA07697-5129-4B80-909B-2ADDAF787D71.jpeg

64C164D3-2F4B-4B60-9F52-9F9E89ECF97E.jpeg

Its the teeth on the mask. They are just not painted well. The should be way more prominant, and a bit more yellow….

its the main feature of this character…his hallmark.

It just looks like a sloppy job, too dry brushed look. Needs a very solid paint, to define the teeth well.

View attachment 580125
View attachment 580126

I see what you mean.

That's something I might do to tidy them up.

Immortan Joe’s sheer size and mass are really important characteristics…with the smaller frame body on the figure it feels a little like an Immortan Joe Cosplayer…I really want to like this one but why is he so small…?
reminds me of the Hot Toys Drax…perfect head on a skinny body that just killed the illusion of it actually being the character.

Looks great. Should be fun to futz. Overall, I think he looks girthy enough. My biggest fear was him looking slim but I don't think he looks too slender.

As much as I like the guns in his holsters, I really love the chain belt... and its weight should help make the belt sag (hopefully not make the pleather disintegrate faster).

Immortan Joe’s sheer size and mass are really important characteristics…with the smaller frame body on the figure it feels a little like an Immortan Joe Cosplayer…I really want to like this one but why is he so small…?
reminds me of the Hot Toys Drax…perfect head on a skinny body that just killed the illusion of it actually being the character.

Looks great. Should be fun to futz. Overall, I think he looks girthy enough. My biggest fear was him looking slim but I don't think he looks too slender.

As much as I like the guns in his holsters, I really love the chain belt... and its weight should help make the belt sag (hopefully not make the pleather disintegrate faster).

I'm thinking he'll pair well with VTS' petite Furiosa.

He isn't skinny, but I think it might be possible to give him more of a gut by putting some padding under the cloth at the bottom edge of his armour to push it out more.

There is a lot that can be futzed on this one, and I hope everything stays in place because there's the issue of working the hair, keeping the mask attached, shifting the armour and belts. Literally a lot of moving parts that could impact on each other.

Hopefully once the hair's been initially water trained it'll be easier to work later along with the other futzing.

Yeah, I hope the head comes off easily as I would like to futz the body without having to worry about the head/hair.

Also have to tape down those loose chest chains while working; they'll make me crazy.

I hope the chest armor can be pushed down a bit. Looks like it is floating. That would also help with the padding around the middle.

The one thing that drives me crazy is that little rectangular badge that has slid down his chest. No way to fix that. But hey...

All in all though, the face, the boils all over, the details, the outfit bits -- Premier really did an amazing job on something that has so many ways to fall apart or for a company to cheap out on.

Yeah, I hope the head comes off easily as I would like to futz the body without having to worry about the head/hair.

Also have to tape down those loose chest chains while working; they'll make me crazy.

I hope the chest armor can be pushed down a bit. Looks like it is floating. That would also help with the padding around the middle.

The one thing that drives me crazy is that little rectangular badge that has slid down his chest. No way to fix that. But hey...

All in all though, the face, the boils all over, the details, the outfit bits -- Premier really did an amazing job on something that has so many ways to fall apart or for a company to cheap out on.

Yes, that badge/medal is lower in at least two production versions, whereas it was closer to its proper place on the proto.

But Premier does have a history of making curious decisions.

Unless it's only tacked on with 'tacky' glue, it's probably going to leave a mark if you move it. You never know though, the Chinese factories like using weak glue...

Yes, that badge/medal is lower in at least two production versions, whereas it was closer to its proper place on the proto.

But Premier does have a history of making curious decisions.

Unless it's only tacked on with 'tacky' glue, it's probably going to leave a mark if you move it. You never know though, the Chinese factories like using weak glue...
Could be part of the overall mold too. Not sure. Of course, it will be the first thing I try to get a fingernail under.

Again, not a huge deal. Maybe his badge slipped down in the heat of battle. A year from now I won't remember the reference pictures.

My figure has reached California according to USPS. No delivery date yet though.

Can't wait to get him in. I do think the body should be bigger around the chest and waist. I wonder why they didn't do that but it might have lost ab articulation, but that wouldn't have mattered regardless. I think what we got however is good for a third party release.

Could be part of the overall mold too. Not sure. Of course, it will be the first thing I try to get a fingernail under.

Again, not a huge deal. Maybe his badge slipped down in the heat of battle. A year from now I won't remember the reference pictures.

My figure has reached California according to USPS. No delivery date yet though.

:lecture

That's one thing about this costume being so complex!

Back