1/6 NAUTS x DAMTOYS - Resident Evil 2 Remake" Claire Redfield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're a bit more on the brownish/red side, but yeah, that is actually pretty accurate. lol
Claire's got style, just not when it comes to boots. :lol

View attachment 625564
Still think the head looks small on the figure when I look at screenshots like this. She would greatly benefit from a body with narrow shoulders. Something like Phicen S25B

Seamless legs and arms can be very poseable if done right. There are cheap Xing bodies that have swappable arms and legs that can do a 90 degree angle.
Oh yeh wasn’t referencing Seamless in general, but the replacement seamless legs for classic Claire look like they are a solid piece, which wouldn’t work for the arms. Also had a Dam body with seamless male arms and they wasn’t the best. Ada’s body looks really good but very little movement in the arms. For Dam specifically I don’t think they have a good alternative to sculpted arms yet

At this point, I have to be in desperate need for a character in my collection for seamless arms. They crack, they restrict posing ability, they discolor from bending. It's just not a good option because most companies are going to cut corners to keep costs down and not make them well.

I was desperate for a Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano, so I picked that figure up and just don't pose the arms, which is lame. And really kills my desire for any more figures with seamless arms.

As crappy as those arms look without the jacket, it's better that Claire didn't come with seamless arms. She'd be breaking within two years if you posed her holding a rifle or anything.

At this point, I have to be in desperate need for a character in my collection for seamless arms. They crack, they restrict posing ability, they discolor from bending. It's just not a good option because most companies are going to cut corners to keep costs down and not make them well.

I was desperate for a Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano, so I picked that figure up and just don't pose the arms, which is lame. And really kills my desire for any more figures with seamless arms.

As crappy as those arms look without the jacket, it's better that Claire didn't come with seamless arms. She'd be breaking within two years if you posed her holding a rifle or anything.
I just wish for bodies like Poptoys Xing they’d sell seperate replacement arms and legs. Considering how easy it is to replace arms on those bodies.

I love seamless for the aesthetics. Don’t really care about durability unless it’s extremely short.

I hope silicone becomes a mainstream material. It seems to hold up a lot longer than rubber and less affected by posing longterm.

I love seamless for the aesthetics. Don’t really care about durability unless it’s extremely short.

I hope silicone becomes a mainstream material. It seems to hold up a lot longer than rubber and less affected by posing longterm.
That's kind of the problem though - the elbows and shoulders were cracking from posing on the Wonder Woman figures after six months. It was absurd how fast those started breaking.

Silicone is definitely the way. I hope companies do start using it.

That's kind of the problem though - the elbows and shoulders were cracking from posing on the Wonder Woman figures after six months. It was absurd how fast those started breaking.

O yea hot toys rubber material sucks. It’s crazy how bad the rubber material was up until the last wonder woman. Even third party bodies seem to last longer.

Grogu, hellboy all wonder womans before WW84. All the same shittty rubber. All of them have the same issues.

So…I’ve had Claire for 2 days now and…it’s not THAT bad.

What this figure asks of you is to spend time ‘aging’ the jacket. As in, you gotta keep massaging the leather jacket to give it the natural wrinkles and folds from daily wear, particularly the elbows and shoulders.

At least that’s what I’ve been doing. I still need to age it some more, but currently its ‘beginning’ to look more natural than it did out of the box. That’s the trick, out of the box it looked flat. Wrinkles and folds adds realism.

image.jpg

So…I’ve had Claire for 2 days now and…it’s not THAT bad.

What this figure asks of you is to spend time ‘aging’ the jacket. As in, you gotta keep massaging the leather jacket to give it the natural wrinkles and folds from daily wear, particularly the elbows and shoulders.

At least that’s what I’ve been doing. I still need to age it some more, but currently its ‘beginning’ to look more natural than it did out of the box. That’s the trick, out of the box it looked flat. Wrinkles and folds adds realism.
How are you "aging" it? Just massaging it with your fingers to wear it in a bit? Or using something else? Are you heating it up first?

I ask because there's probably credence to this being the problem with the leather.

Yeah… currently in the process of figuring out a body swap for hot toys RE4 Ada as the body was falling apart with some pretty nasty rips in the elbows

How are you "aging" it? Just massaging it with your fingers to wear it in a bit? Or using something else? Are you heating it up first?

I ask because there's probably credence to this being the problem with the leather.

Oh boy, this can be taken out of context, but here goes😅😅:

Just straight up massaging, squeezing and pinching. No heating up, no ointments of any sort....

SHUT UP GUYS!!🤣🤣🤣

I don’t know what’ll happen to the leather in the long run...but, I can’t stand how puffy and flat it looks. I figured, if it can’t look natural I’ll just have her without the jacket, OR, try and make it look natural potentially damaging it.
And if it does get damaged, well, i was planning on displaying her w/o the jacket either way.

Those on a budget that are on the fence about picking this up OR actually own it and don’t wanna damage a ridiculously expensive figure...I wouldn’t recommend doing it UNLESS you don’t care about the consequences.

Has anyone tried removing the grey undershirt to see if it'll make the jacket appear thinner? I didn't really think Damtoys would actually give her a full grey undershirt underneather her tank top. I thought they'd go the direction of just having small pieces sewn onto it to give it that illusion that she's wearing two shirts. Also, is anyone who actually has the figure now ever gonna do a video review of her at all? Judging by photos doesn't really do it for me. Plus I really think Damtoys should have included her minigun. Her posing with it would have made her look badass without the jacket.

Back