1/6 NAUTS x DAMTOYS - Resident Evil 2 - Ada Wong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it confirmed dam toys ada is using tbleague? I've never owned a phicen/tbleague body before so I am looking for tips to maintain her and prevent cracking
Just do what I said. Extreme poses only for short periods of time. Poses that don’t push the limits are fine to leave them in for a month or two as long as you repose them after that so the material can heal again. When they get sticky apply some cornstarch/baby powder. Other than that, you’re good. I feel like there’s this false narrative going on that they’re very delicate and rip easily because of the hot toys seamless products that all failed. For example Thors arms, Wonder woman bodies, grogu’s mouth. These all rip. Or spontaneously combust out of nowhere even in museum pose. But these are all made of rubber. Not silicone. Even hot toys is following in TBLeagues footsteps with their latest wonder woman being a full silicone figure.

is it confirmed dam toys ada is using tbleague? I've never owned a phicen/tbleague body before so I am looking for tips to maintain her and prevent cracking
I use Silicone Finishing Powder to maintain my tbleague bodies

Attachments

• IMG_0246.jpeg
    IMG_0246.jpeg
    509.2 KB · Views: 0
Just do what I said. Extreme poses only for short periods of time. Poses that don’t push the limits are fine to leave them in for a month or two as long as you repose them after that so the material can heal again. When they get sticky apply some cornstarch/baby powder. Other than that, you’re good. I feel like there’s this false narrative going on that they’re very delicate and rip easily because of the hot toys seamless products that all failed. For example Thors arms, Wonder woman bodies, grogu’s mouth. These all rip. Or spontaneously combust out of nowhere even in museum pose. But these are all made of rubber. Not silicone. Even hot toys is following in TBLeagues footsteps with their latest wonder woman being a full silicone figure.
Wonder Woman isn’t fully seamless. The legs are on pegs underneath the skirt

I own about 11 TBLeagues. 6 have some sort of ripping/tearing at the elbows/knees despite minimal posing and staying in the box, and one literally started melting into gelatin so I had to discard it. They look nice, but having to re-apply baby powder is a royal pain. I wouldn't advise using cornstarch as that will attract Roaches.

With an actual silicone body any dust can be easily wiped off and it never needs powder to prevent feeling sticky, whereas Phicens need an occasional rinse/powder to stay clean and prevent stickiness.

Missed opportunity for Damtoys to use a silicone body, especially given the delays, but using Phicens keep production costs lower. A real 1/6 silicone body costs about as much as Ada does.

Hopefully DamToys makes a jointed hard-body alternative available. Can't use Claire's body without repainting as the skin tone appears off, and Worldbox still has a lot of work to do to make their female bodies look nicer.

Just like nearly everything in the hobby, when it comes to degradation, there's multiple factors involved. One person's experience is never really indicative of what's going to happen with everyone. Like pleather for instance, I've nearly never had that issue of them cracking unless it was from a pre-owned figure I bought from someone else. Ones I've personally purchased are still look as good since they day I bought them with the one exception of HT ANH Han Solo boots. I've been using Phicen/TBleague bodies since before they used the metal endo skeleton and even then, I had the plastic internal joints snapping, but never any cracking in the skin itself.

That said, it sort of surprises me how doing a bit of maintenance every now and then on these pretty expensive collectibles appears to be too much of a chore for some to do at least once a year. Are these the same ppl who can also never be bothered to wash their car or clean the inside every once in a while? :lol

Just like nearly everything in the hobby, when it comes to degradation, there's multiple factors involved. One person's experience is never really indicative of what's going to happen with everyone. Like pleather for instance, I've nearly never had that issue of them cracking unless it was from a pre-owned figure I bought from someone else. Ones I've personally purchased are still look as good since they day I bought them with the one exception of HT ANH Han Solo boots. I've been using Phicen/TBleague bodies since before they used the metal endo skeleton and even then, I had the plastic internal joints snapping, but never any cracking in the skin itself.

That said, it sort of surprises me how doing a bit of maintenance every now and then on these pretty expensive collectibles appears to be too much of a chore for some to do at least once a year. Are these the same ppl who can also never be bothered to wash their car or clean the inside every once in a while? :lol
I just powdered my tbleague figures with SFP lol but have yet to wash my car lol.

Last edited:
I own about 11 TBLeagues. 6 have some sort of ripping/tearing at the elbows/knees despite minimal posing and staying in the box, and one literally started melting into gelatin so I had to discard it. They look nice, but having to re-apply baby powder is a royal pain. I wouldn't advise using cornstarch as that will attract Roaches.

With an actual silicone body any dust can be easily wiped off and it never needs powder to prevent feeling sticky, whereas Phicens need an occasional rinse/powder to stay clean and prevent stickiness.

Missed opportunity for Damtoys to use a silicone body, especially given the delays, but using Phicens keep production costs lower. A real 1/6 silicone body costs about as much as Ada does.

Hopefully DamToys makes a jointed hard-body alternative available. Can't use Claire's body without repainting as the skin tone appears off, and Worldbox still has a lot of work to do to make their female bodies look nicer.
Climate may be a big factor. We don’t have roaches here and no other house bugs of any kind except the occasional spider. And I noticed Americans like to build their houses out of cardboard and in Europe it’s all concrete so it may be easier for us to control humidity and temperature inside the house.

To the folks who have her in hand; there any chance you can let me know what material her holster's are made out of?

To the folks who have her in hand; there any chance you can let me know what material her holster's are made out of?
That’s a good question, because it’s difficult to tell. In some images, it looks thin like pleather—but then, the holster itself looks like leather or some type of plastic or pliable material.

At any rate, I took a chance and decided to get the thing parted out on eBay to upgrade my existing Ada. Not sure if it was a good idea or not. At least I’ll have two holsters, so hopefully one of them survives through the years.

I’d really like for these licensed companies (third party companies seem to be listening now) to ditch the use of pleather. Hell, even genuine leather rots over time. Unless you are going to sit and treat every figure you have with 303 leather conditioner—which is a lot of work if you have 60 to 100 figures and still does not guarantee some of it won’t rot away—then it would be more advantageous to just use pliable plastics or rubber for anything that’s meant to be leather.

Hot Toys is notorious for its continued use of pleather, even when they’ve proven time and again that they can replicate the look of leather without using that frail material. It all comes down to the material used and the paintwork.

Climate may be a big factor. We don’t have roaches here and no other house bugs of any kind except the occasional spider. And I noticed Americans like to build their houses out of cardboard and in Europe it’s all concrete so it may be easier for us to control humidity and temperature inside the house.
Nice! Living in Hawaii is great, but the climate isn't too Phicen-friendly here. Probably why I've had so many issues with them haha.

Might just keep Ada displayed in the trench coat when she arrives, or wait till the third party Ada sets come out and kitbash a RE4 remake outfit for her.
It appears to be using the same material as the MTToys Jill Shoulder Holster. It's thin but durable plastic made to look like leather without all the cons of leather, so you shouldn't have to worry about it corroding at all :)

Overall, the figure is decent. they did skimp out compared to the third party outfit set in terms of quality. The Damtoys Ada doesn't come with a complete scarf. It just loops around the neck, but it does look the part with the coat on. The belt for the coat is velcro, and the pockets aren't real. The heels come off very easy. She did fall over as i was taking photos. The holster seems to be a pleather-ish material (not sure). I'm not sure which proportions I like better between the custom and the official.

The accessories are up to Damtoys standards. The typewriter is a nice addition. The front half of her hair is removable to swap with another in order to use the glasses with the head sculpt. There is a slight difference in skin tone of the body and the sculpt.

Attachments

• 20231109_163341.jpg
    20231109_163341.jpg
    672.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231109_163353.jpg
    20231109_163353.jpg
    737.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231109_163408.jpg
    20231109_163408.jpg
    718.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231109_163853.jpg
    20231109_163853.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
can someone do a height comparison? and also see how the head looks on a smaller body? she looks massive! might make me cancel.

Back