1/6 NAUTS x DAMTOYS - Resident Evil 2 - Ada Wong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks extremely disappointing tbh. I’ve had a kitbash using the MTToys sculpt, a third party outfit and poptoys and it looks as good as this if not better for a third of the price.

Her facial expression is so uncanny and kinda ugly. Not an expression I would ever imagine on Ada. Doesn’t fit her character.

She’s a petite woman but the seamless body is extremely small. She has little chicken legs. Doesn’t look like she’s suited to do any sort of spy work.

I’ll just pick up the bracelets and some other parts from ebay to improve the kitbash. I cannot for the life of me justify the insane pricetag.

(Old picture. I gave her a bracelet to hide the joint, swapped to more detailed hands and changed the gun since taking this picture).

IMG_7302.jpeg

This looks extremely disappointing tbh. I’ve had a kitbash using the MTToys sculpt, a third party outfit and poptoys and it looks as good as this if not better for a third of the price.

Her facial expression is so uncanny and kinda ugly. Not an expression I would ever imagine on Ada. Doesn’t fit her character.

She’s a petite woman but the seamless body is extremely small. She has little chicken legs. Doesn’t look like she’s suited to do any sort of spy work.

I’ll just pick up the bracelets and some other parts from ebay to improve the kitbash. I cannot for the life of me justify the insane pricetag.

(Old picture. I gave her a bracelet to hide the joint, swapped to more detailed hands and changed the gun since taking this picture).

View attachment 671597
Who the chick in the red dress? Don't recognize her.

I can agree that the clothing on Damtoys is much better. It’s a shame I don’t have a more recent photo in which I changed a lot of this kitbash. I put the dress too low on her body, so I corrected that. Gave her smaller hands, different gun and some other tweaks.

The main thing for me is the headsculpt. Yes on a technical level the Damtoys sculpt is more accurate but she looks like she just swallowed a turd. No appeal in that headsculpt whatsoever. Make up looks a little overdone too.

In the MTToys sculpt I can still clearly see Ada’s likeness with a small smirk and inviting looking eyes. From a technical standpoint my kitbash may not be better. But for the overall product I prefer mine. The bodyproportions and headsculpt really ain’t it on Damtoys. And we have to keep in mind the price when comparing these two. The Damtoys one has no business being as pricey as it is.

I’ll share a better pic of my updated kitbash when I get her out of storage.

IMG_7304.jpeg

Last edited:
Again, a decent stand in, but inferior. The smirk is ok, but the eyes don’t match with it and to me they removed too many of her ethnic traits. The makeup doesn’t bother me. It just depends if you reference her official render or her in game model at various points in the game. I’m not sure what you’re seeing with the body. It seems better proportioned than the custom.

CBE44181-8084-47EF-89B0-B971D3674E63.jpeg

Last edited:
I got my invoice a couple days back from Giantoy but still haven't paid it yet.
I'd like to complete my RE2make collection, but I'm still owing $370 cad and not sure if she's worth it.
I am wondering what TBL body they're using though. Doesn't look like anything we've seen from TBL yet.

I got my invoice a couple days back from Giantoy but still haven't paid it yet.
I'd like to complete my RE2make collection, but I'm still owing $370 cad and not sure if she's worth it.
I am wondering what TBL body they're using though. Doesn't look like anything we've seen from TBL yet.
Has to be one of the newer ones. They made a line of more petite bodies with small busts.

It’s extremely costly for companies to design their own bodies. Especially from silicone which is relatively new territory in the business. So they definitely bought either a Jiaou or phicen body in bulk for this. Or they made some kind of deal with TbLeague.

IMG_7314.png

Hmm false alarm. Maybe damtoys really did make their own body. Capcom probably wouldnt allow them to use a body with coochie and nipples

I find it crazy how bad the paint is for the price, basically 99% of the third party companies can do a better paint for the half price. While eyes are stickers they are also wonky. This is crazy.

Yeah precisely. After I got the retro Claire outfit in-hand, I felt I seriously got ripped off. The quality of everything given the price was absurd. Sticking with third parties for any other RE figures.

They started off strong with Leon but quality declined from there. Both Claire’s look OK but the QA issues on the jackets are very annoying and that real leather jacket looks bad. Ada is fine, just not at this pricepoint and she has the worst headsculpt out of all 3. It’s straight up unappealing with how high she looks and their paintjob is not doing her any favors either. It looks like it was made by SWToys. Can’t justify over $300 for a figure that I’ll have to get repainted.

Back