1/6 Moisture Vaporator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_IMPoor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since I have me a Treadwell now (https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64392), figured I might as well make a moisture vaporator for him and Luke to be working on before the flashes of light in the sky distract him from his chores. This suckers gonna be 3' high!!

Not to mention I probably won't have to spend a dime as I have everything around the house. This should be pretty cool, even though it's a extremely short
clip that eventually got the axe. Enjoy
Jeff

vap.jpg

Cool! I was just thinking someone should make one of these. Im sure you'll come up with something nice judging by how your other projects came out. Looking forward to the progress!

Thanks a bunch for the pics jkno. They will help immensely with the scale and detail. Mine "as is" is way off, so back to the drawing board. What was it like to be.....there? To say it seems cool would be understating it I think.

It was really cool, a really unique experience. :) I hope to go again next year. The highlight of the Tunisian trip was of course the Star Wars movie set in the desert. Here is the SSF thread about my Tunisia trip and below is the youtube video:

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/guAohSZse7Y&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/guAohSZse7Y&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

I am really envious of your talent, am keen to see your completed work on this.:lol

1 progress pic this evening. This project is more of a pain than I originally figured it would be. I've had more resource pics for this than I had of my other two projects combined, but I don't think they built any 2 of these the same way. There appears to be various heights, and there are definitely various doo-dads, fins, vents, and the like. So, as with Treadwell, I'm doing more of my interpretation than using a specific prototype. Either way, I feel it will be a good representation in this scale. Obviously there is much to be done, but it's a little fragile, so I find myself having to wait for things to dry, then reinforcing it. As usual, comments are welcome.
Jeff

vap002.jpg

Hi guys

Got a lot done tonight. Here the latest sucky pic. (gotta figure out this camera):confused::

vap003.jpg

I'm going about 5" higher for the humidity sensors. Still need caps on the chiller bars and need some valves and sensors for the top 1/3. After all that, it'll get a new desert brown paint scheme. Stay tuned....
Jeff

Back